FEATURED Morning Pops!

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. And I thought it was really cold here at 54°. It feels like 32° to me. I finally found the degree symbol on my iPhone. I always spelled it out up until now. So take that °°°°°°° and that °°°°°°. Its supposed to hit the low 30s next week, I can only imagine what it’s going to be like up north.

Last week when I was in south Texas, I ran into an old buddy of mine. Hadn’t seen him in years. He taught me how to play chess in Jr High. We would play the blitz type of chess. You send all your men forward and try to eat as many as you can and lastly go for your opponent’s king. It works with amateurs but no so much with good players. He would always get the best of me. I figure I won 1 out of every 10 games we played up into our high school years. Throughout the years, he’s continued playing and me not so much. Anyway, we played 4 games last week and he won 2 fairly easy. The other 2, I had him on the ropes but he came back and won one, the other ended in a stalemate. So I considered it a huge win for me. :muttley: I have a feeling that our next games are not going to end well for me.

Best of luck on that house Jan. Might not be a bad deal especially if there is equity in the purchase.

It’s Friday! Stay warm and enjoy your weekend everyone.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good evening Pops and friends. While I try to think, here's my brain...
th

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Time to get up and at it. Gotta get my errands done this morning because my car goes to my 'car guy' this afternoon to get the PS pump, ball joint and sway bar taken care of. That's another hit to my house savings account. Hopefully this is the last of the bleeding/repairs for a while.

Guess I'll do some digging in and throwing out this weekend since I'll be "house-bound" (maybe I can find something to sell... :rolleyes:) Anyway, you all have a wonderful weekend.

P.S. ... for very personal reasons I can't divulge, my daughter and Dustin are getting married Monday (no, she's not pregnant). Less than a month engagement o_O and they've been together only a year. She still thinks she's smarter than her momma you know so this one better work out. I'm not going through another divorce with her.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and weekenders and kskboys, aka L'il Leatherface, and GrammaJan, aka Ma Leatherface. I would love to have seen my parents faces if they were to hear I had access to a chain saw when I was 12. They hid the can opener from me and it was manual.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good afternoon Pops and friends. And I thought it was really cold here at 54°. It feels like 32° to me. I finally found the degree symbol on my iPhone. I always spelled it out up until now. So take that °°°°°°° and that °°°°°°. Its supposed to hit the low 30s next week, I can only imagine what it’s going to be like up north.

Last week when I was in south Texas, I ran into an old buddy of mine. Hadn’t seen him in years. He taught me how to play chess in Jr High. We would play the blitz type of chess. You send all your men forward and try to eat as many as you can and lastly go for your opponent’s king. It works with amateurs but no so much with good players. He would always get the best of me. I figure I won 1 out of every 10 games we played up into our high school years. Throughout the years, he’s continued playing and me not so much. Anyway, we played 4 games last week and he won 2 fairly easy. The other 2, I had him on the ropes but he came back and won one, the other ended in a stalemate. So I considered it a huge win for me. :muttley: I have a feeling that our next games are not going to end well for me.

Best of luck on that house Jan. Might not be a bad deal especially if there is equity in the purchase.

It’s Friday! Stay warm and enjoy your weekend everyone.
Now tell me how to find the degrees symbol on my laptop!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and everyone.

Time to get up and at it. Gotta get my errands done this morning because my car goes to my 'car guy' this afternoon to get the PS pump, ball joint and sway bar taken care of. That's another hit to my house savings account. Hopefully this is the last of the bleeding/repairs for a while.

Guess I'll do some digging in and throwing out this weekend since I'll be "house-bound" (maybe I can find something to sell... :rolleyes:) Anyway, you all have a wonderful weekend.

P.S. ... for very personal reasons I can't divulge, my daughter and Dustin are getting married Monday (no, she's not pregnant). Less than a month engagement o_O and they've been together only a year. She still thinks she's smarter than her momma you know so this one better work out. I'm not going through another divorce with her.
Uh oh, sounds like Dustin needs a green card...NOW! :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Don’t know brother. Don’t have a laptop, I only use my IPhone.
On the iPhone, just hold your thumb on the 0 and presto it appears °. Maybe the laptop is similar.
On my Moto g5plus, you hit the symbols symbol, to get more symbols. The degrees symbol is in the second set of symbols. (Some alliteration just for you, @CouchCoach ) but I don't have that option on my laptop. lol

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Now tell me how to find the degrees symbol on my laptop!
It's in your symbols in the word processing screen. I just open a screen, click on the "symbol" tab in the upper right corner, find the symbol I want, click it then copy and paste it. I'm sure it's someplace easier to find, but it's well established here that I am not a tech-minded person. Just the basics, please.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's in your symbols in the word processing screen. I just open a screen, click on the "symbol" tab in the upper right corner, find the symbol I want, click it then copy and paste it. I'm sure it's someplace easier to find, but it's well established here that I am not a tech-minded person. Just the basics, please.
You think you're not a tech-minded person?........What the Hell is the word processing screen???

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
OK, just where in the hell are the symbols in the word processing screen? Ya see that? This is the problem with technology, until that came along I didn't know how dumb I was.