FEATURED Morning Pops!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

In a little more than a week, my wife travels to Russia to visit her family for about 10 days. The cats and I have already started a list of things we want to do while she is away (I am sure my wife makes similar lists when I am on my dive trips).

At the top of my list is re-organizing the man-cave portion of the garage. It is not messy or overly crowded -- it is just time for a change. I also have to get both of our vehicles serviced and new tires for my pick-up.

I start these lists with great intentions and then ad lib with something like intentionally pi$$ing off the turkeys that have taken up residency in front yard (this is a joint activity that both the cats and I enjoy). Did you know that dried turkey poop has the same tensile strength as cement? Which reminds me, add power washing the driveway to the list.

In all seriousness, I miss her immensely when she is away and I guess that is the way it should be.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and peeps.

You never know what you've got until it's gone, and good riddance to my spider webbed windshield....and thank goodness for zero deductible glass insurance! Would have been $627 out of pocket! That's more than 6 months of insurance payments, so if another branch falls I'll be ahead of the game!

Happy Humpday to all!

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops, pen pals and what I'm guessing is a tooth fairy named Al. Don't flash your teeth, RGV or he'll find a use for them too. :omg:

Can we still call you Stitch now, Leon? Good luck today, it's not bad if you can't see what they're doing which you can't. :popcorn:

I miss you bringing the crazy, ksk. Welcome back! :lmao:

If you stay busy Colo, the time will go by faster. I'll try to think of extra stuff for you to do. :grin:

Still happy about your zero deductible, Runny as long as AR doesn't do commercials for the company. I tried to watch GB play Sunday, but they've invested too much time on extreme close ups of the bass turd. :angry:

This past weekend, I vowed to learn how to make bows from long strands of fabric on cardboard spindles. I needed my thin green floral wire and couldn't find it. I'd forgotten that I had purchased a new one after not finding my single strands before. I went to the garage and dug into my Sears tool chest. I wasn't paying close attention, had too many drawers out and the thing fell over. I was between it and the car. Bruise me if you must, but leave my car alone! So I was stuck for at least 20 minutes before I willed it back upright. My car's ok, I'm ok and that thing is going to get cleaned out of unnecessary tools. That's how I protected my car while learning to make bows.

I started back to work this week and it's been a whole lot of no fun. I cleaned up a program Monday and deleted the crap out of stuff. Of the 47 items, there was one thing I wasn't supposed to delete but did. To put the bright red cherry on top, I emptied the recycle bin. Day two was recreating what I'd deleted the day before. Momma walked around with a giddy giggle once I confessed. She was afraid she'd deleted it. In the process of recreating, I found a new button in that program and I'm going to get fancy!

Have a good Wednesday everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and you happy little humpers.

Tonight is another chum chat night with Mike and he seems to be doing a lot better since I nagged him back to the grief counselor. Ya know, sometimes ya just gotta be a nag for someone's own good. I am a lot better at being a nagger than a naggee but I do wish someone had nagged me into doing what would have been ultimately better for me.

Coming up on the first anniversary of his wife's passing and he'll have to brace for that. One cannot plan for how that's going to affect them and we'll visit on that tonight and I will do my best to prepare him for the unknown, however in the hell one does that. The shock for me was that it had been a year, a year that I could not account for a great deal of that time. It was as if I had just suspended life and I had little or no memory of a lot of that time. I think it's different for most people depending on where they start from and how much they want to move forward. I went that first year on auto pilot because I didn't have a guide.

On that note, Mike told me that he was surprised when he first went to see the grief therapist because it was exactly how I had described, even though I never experienced it. She knew far more about how he was feeling than he thought she would. That feeling that I can only describe as the most isolated and alone feeling in the world, "nobody knows how I feel" dissipated in their second meeting but he was fearful of continuing because she was delving deeper into him instead of just his loss and he didn't know that's where the connection lies that he has to address. He did go back and he got better and helped me get better because I helped him. What I didn't realize was how much I needed to help someone else to take the myopic focus off me. So, I get to thank him as much as he wants to thank me. We helped each other and that's what real friends do.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops, pen pals and what I'm guessing is a tooth fairy named Al. Don't flash your teeth, RGV or he'll find a use for them too. :omg:

Can we still call you Stitch now, Leon? Good luck today, it's not bad if you can't see what they're doing which you can't. :popcorn:

I miss you bringing the crazy, ksk. Welcome back! :lmao:

If you stay busy Colo, the time will go by faster. I'll try to think of extra stuff for you to do. :grin:

Still happy about your zero deductible, Runny as long as AR doesn't do commercials for the company. I tried to watch GB play Sunday, but they've invested too much time on extreme close ups of the bass turd. :angry:

This past weekend, I vowed to learn how to make bows from long strands of fabric on cardboard spindles. I needed my thin green floral wire and couldn't find it. I'd forgotten that I had purchased a new one after not finding my single strands before. I went to the garage and dug into my Sears tool chest. I wasn't paying close attention, had too many drawers out and the thing fell over. I was between it and the car. Bruise me if you must, but leave my car alone! So I was stuck for at least 20 minutes before I willed it back upright. My car's ok, I'm ok and that thing is going to get cleaned out of unnecessary tools. That's how I protected my car while learning to make bows.

I started back to work this week and it's been a whole lot of no fun. I cleaned up a program Monday and deleted the crap out of stuff. Of the 47 items, there was one thing I wasn't supposed to delete but did. To put the bright red cherry on top, I emptied the recycle bin. Day two was recreating what I'd deleted the day before. Momma walked around with a giddy giggle once I confessed. She was afraid she'd deleted it. In the process of recreating, I found a new button in that program and I'm going to get fancy!

Have a good Wednesday everyone.
Darlin', I think you need to put that toolbox against the wall and bolt it in!

More and more, I'm starting to picture you as Harley Quinn...which isn't a bad thing. :thumbup:

And thanks for helping to spread my "bass turd" around. I'm kinda proud of that one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops and you happy little humpers.

Tonight is another chum chat night with Mike and he seems to be doing a lot better since I nagged him back to the grief counselor. Ya know, sometimes ya just gotta be a nag for someone's own good. I am a lot better at being a nagger than a naggee but I do wish someone had nagged me into doing what would have been ultimately better for me.

Coming up on the first anniversary of his wife's passing and he'll have to brace for that. One cannot plan for how that's going to affect them and we'll visit on that tonight and I will do my best to prepare him for the unknown, however in the hell one does that. The shock for me was that it had been a year, a year that I could not account for a great deal of that time. It was as if I had just suspended life and I had little or no memory of a lot of that time. I think it's different for most people depending on where they start from and how much they want to move forward. I went that first year on auto pilot because I didn't have a guide.

On that note, Mike told me that he was surprised when he first went to see the grief therapist because it was exactly how I had described, even though I never experienced it. She knew far more about how he was feeling than he thought she would. That feeling that I can only describe as the most isolated and alone feeling in the world, "nobody knows how I feel" dissipated in their second meeting but he was fearful of continuing because she was delving deeper into him instead of just his loss and he didn't know that's where the connection lies that he has to address. He did go back and he got better and helped me get better because I helped him. What I didn't realize was how much I needed to help someone else to take the myopic focus off me. So, I get to thank him as much as he wants to thank me. We helped each other and that's what real friends do.
It's gotta be rough on you to not only see your best friend going through this, but trying to focus on helping him, while constantly making yourself remember how it

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:muttley:
3fjm5t.gif

Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. We have rain this morning giving a nice fresh smell to the air. I love rain. I'm disappointed though that my wife made me stop doing a twinkle toe dance on the front lawn and come back in and put my clothes on.
staff_muttley.gif
All Y'all have a good 'un.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and friends and those thankful they are not Leon's neighbors. I must say, though, were I naked on the front lawn, a twinkle toe dance would be the first thing I'd consider because why else get naked on the front lawn? We may have the CZ definition of "frolic". One of those great words that is self descriptive and defining like whimsical and fancy.

However, were this ColoCowboy, with that menagerie he lives around he's out twinkle toe dancing with the native denizens, I am for calling in the men with nets because he's gone all the way male nymph on us and needs to be studied.

Look, it's Leon's yard and I think people should leave him alone, including his wife. Reigning in the free spirits in this world is stifling our creativity. How was Leon being creative? Well, get your minds out of the gutter and consider the expression of dance.

Light upon his dainty feet
Dancing to his own beat,
Leon gracefully at play
And me safely 200 miles away.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. We have rain this morning giving a nice fresh smell to the air. I love rain. I'm disappointed though that my wife made me stop doing a twinkle toe dance on the front lawn and come back in and put my clothes on.
staff_muttley.gif
All Y'all have a good 'un.
3fl0pi.gif

Light upon his dainty feet
Dancing to his own beat,
Leon gracefully at play
And me safely 200 miles away.
:lmao:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

In a little more than a week, my wife travels to Russia to visit her family for about 10 days. The cats and I have already started a list of things we want to do while she is away (I am sure my wife makes similar lists when I am on my dive trips).

At the top of my list is re-organizing the man-cave portion of the garage. It is not messy or overly crowded -- it is just time for a change. I also have to get both of our vehicles serviced and new tires for my pick-up.

I start these lists with great intentions and then ad lib with something like intentionally pi$$ing off the turkeys that have taken up residency in front yard (this is a joint activity that both the cats and I enjoy). Did you know that dried turkey poop has the same tensile strength as cement? Which reminds me, add power washing the driveway to the list.

In all seriousness, I miss her immensely when she is away and I guess that is the way it should be.

Colo, sorry for the luck. I understand when the Wife goes away for awhile. Question for you, how do you like being married to a Russian? I myself, am married to a Viking (LOL....), not a Russian but a little different, all the same. Heart of gold but she doesn't always come off that way. Mean tempered when she is pissed, can hold a grudge but I can't imagine not living my life without her. Just gotta remember to hide the axe when she gets mad!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Colo, sorry for the luck. I understand when the Wife goes away for awhile. Question for you, how do you like being married to a Russian? I myself, am married to a Viking (LOL....), not a Russian but a little different, all the same. Heart of gold but she doesn't always come off that way. Mean tempered when she is pissed, can hold a grudge but I can't imagine not living my life without her. Just gotta remember to hide the axe when she gets mad!
Did I read that right??

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop by to check out the thread.

Been MIA the last few days but I'm back today! My Cousin was checked into the Hospital two weeks ago. He had brain swelling, no idea why. Anyway, had him in ICU for about a week, he came out of it and was released to step down over the weekend. Yesterday he suffered a stroke and passed very suddenly. We grew up together but I can't say that I was close to Sam these past several years. We saw each other occasionally but lives just kinda went in different directions I suppose. Anyhow, I feel bad for the Family but not a lot of time to worry about that now. These things kinda come in bunches, seems like. Can't say it enough. Value your time and your time with others. I seriously feel bad for not making more effort to take time with Sam. He was not that far away, I could have made more effort and now it's too late. That's on me, let that be a lesson for us all. Take the time because you just never ever know and you don't want to regret that missed opportunity. Enough on that.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are all doing well today. Weekend is close, I hope you are all ready to enjoy that.

Everybody, have a great day today, for tomorrow is Friday!

Peace.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop by to check out the thread.

Been MIA the last few days but I'm back today! My Cousin was checked into the Hospital two weeks ago. He had brain swelling, no idea why. Anyway, had him in ICU for about a week, he came out of it and was released to step down over the weekend. Yesterday he suffered a stroke and passed very suddenly. We grew up together but I can't say that I was close to Sam these past several years. We saw each other occasionally but lives just kinda went in different directions I suppose. Anyhow, I feel bad for the Family but not a lot of time to worry about that now. These things kinda come in bunches, seems like. Can't say it enough. Value your time and your time with others. I seriously feel bad for not making more effort to take time with Sam. He was not that far away, I could have made more effort and now it's too late. That's on me, let that be a lesson for us all. Take the time because you just never ever know and you don't want to regret that missed opportunity. Enough on that.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are all doing well today. Weekend is close, I hope you are all ready to enjoy that.

Peace.
Sorry for your loss and I couldn't agree with you more. Fragile is too often used in the past tense.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Peace.

Condolences to you and yours ABQ

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Probably very similar traits - fiercely loyal, incredibly resilient, frustratingly practical and, beneath the Slavic exterior she is warm with an immense heart.

Quick story -- while living in Australia, our next door neighbor's daughter decided to host a medical school graduation party in the middle of the week. Around midnight, I finally had enough of the noise and f-bombs. I leaned over our fence and asked as diplomatically as possible, "could you please turn down the music as some of us have to work tomorrow". As I headed back to the house, I heard our neighbor say, "Quiet! They're Russians!"

And, therein is the hidden value of being married to a Russian.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Probably very similar traits - fiercely loyal, incredibly resilient, frustratingly practical and, beneath the Slavic exterior she is warm with an immense heart.

Quick story -- while living in Australia, our next door neighbor's daughter decided to host a medical school graduation party in the middle of the week. Around midnight, I finally had enough of the noise and f-bombs. I leaned over our fence and asked as diplomatically as possible, "could you please turn down the music as some of us have to work tomorrow". As I headed back to the house, I heard our neighbor say, "Quiet! They're Russians!"

And, therein is the hidden value of being married to a Russian.

LOL.... Good story!