FEATURED Morning Pops!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop by to check out the thread.

Been MIA the last few days but I'm back today! My Cousin was checked into the Hospital two weeks ago. He had brain swelling, no idea why. Anyway, had him in ICU for about a week, he came out of it and was released to step down over the weekend. Yesterday he suffered a stroke and passed very suddenly. We grew up together but I can't say that I was close to Sam these past several years. We saw each other occasionally but lives just kinda went in different directions I suppose. Anyhow, I feel bad for the Family but not a lot of time to worry about that now. These things kinda come in bunches, seems like. Can't say it enough. Value your time and your time with others. I seriously feel bad for not making more effort to take time with Sam. He was not that far away, I could have made more effort and now it's too late. That's on me, let that be a lesson for us all. Take the time because you just never ever know and you don't want to regret that missed opportunity. Enough on that.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are all doing well today. Weekend is close, I hope you are all ready to enjoy that.

Everybody, have a great day today, for tomorrow is Friday!

Peace.
So sorry for your loss, ABQ. I know exactly what you're talking about too. Sometimes we let life's everyday things get in the way of actual life and living. Makes me step back and think about those I should be giving some personal attention to as well.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop by to check out the thread.

Been MIA the last few days but I'm back today! My Cousin was checked into the Hospital two weeks ago. He had brain swelling, no idea why. Anyway, had him in ICU for about a week, he came out of it and was released to step down over the weekend. Yesterday he suffered a stroke and passed very suddenly. We grew up together but I can't say that I was close to Sam these past several years. We saw each other occasionally but lives just kinda went in different directions I suppose. Anyhow, I feel bad for the Family but not a lot of time to worry about that now. These things kinda come in bunches, seems like. Can't say it enough. Value your time and your time with others. I seriously feel bad for not making more effort to take time with Sam. He was not that far away, I could have made more effort and now it's too late. That's on me, let that be a lesson for us all. Take the time because you just never ever know and you don't want to regret that missed opportunity. Enough on that.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are all doing well today. Weekend is close, I hope you are all ready to enjoy that.

Everybody, have a great day today, for tomorrow is Friday!

Peace.
Don't kick yourself too hard, Brother. He could've reached out too. People have their lives to live, and if you try to keep up with everyone you know, you'll run yourself ragged.

Xelda

Reaction score
Well, it's too late to say anything other than good night Pops and friends. Work has sucked my essence dry and depleted all but a couple of brain cells. Not bad, eh? Since I've still got 2 brain cells left which I know are there because they've got a headache. I won't gripe about work any more except to say I've almost tallied my yearly intake of aspirin in one week. I suspect golf math has been incorporated into my job description. I'll add if y'all keep it up, I'm going to break down and visit loved ones so I can kick their butts for ignoring me as long as I've been ignoring them. We've had a good thing going.

I'm sorry about your loss, ABQ. Listen to Runny on this one. Relationships are a two way street, so you can cut your guilt in half. Time meanders on and people develop habits.

I see Colo's taken to frolicking in the front yard and Coach is spouting poetry. Exciting stuff! Dabz, that cat was hilarious and oh, so appropriate!

For all of you, rest well and here's hoping Friday is good to everyone.

P.S. Runny, that was a stroke of genius and I'll use it every time I talk about AR, the bass turd.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops an pen pals. TGIF! Monday is Veteran's Day so I give a big salute to all veterans in case you don't check in between now and then. I was rejected when I tried to join the Air Force. The Army later called me and then rejected me too. But I am behind our armed forces 100%. Since then I've been rejected by Angelina Jolie, Halle Berry, and a host of others. Life is cruel.

Prayers for your cousin and all of your family @ABQCOWBOY .

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:muttley:
3fobo3.gif

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Happy Friday and TGIF! About to start the roller coaster ride toward Christmas.

Co-worker gave notice this week that Tuesday is her last day (this is the gal who just lost her son a couple months ago) She's moving to Arizona to be with her other son (she's in her 70's) and she's offered me first shot at buying her house and it's a good price. I've been there and it's perfect for me. To top it off it has a new roof, furnace, appliances, the attic was just insulated and the garage floor sealed. She is meticulous about cleanliness and the house is well cared for. Good quiet neighborhood and I'd have to close May 1. Now I have to figure out how to get my financing and get some debt paid down. At Christmas:confused:.

Have a great day one and all.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops an pen pals. TGIF! Monday is Veteran's Day so I give a big salute to all veterans in case you don't check in between now and then. I was rejected when I tried to join the Air Force. The Army later called me and then rejected me too. But I am behind our armed forces 100%. Since then I've been rejected by Angelina Jolie, Halle Berry, and a host of others. Life is cruel.

Prayers for your cousin and all of your family @ABQCOWBOY .
Wow, that's harsh! "Hello, Mr. Smith? Yes, this is the U.S. Army calling. We just want to say we don't want you around here. We realize you never applied, but we thought we'd save you the trouble. Have a nice day!"

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Co-worker gave notice this week that Tuesday is her last day (this is the gal who just lost her son a couple months ago) She's moving to Arizona to be with her other son (she's in her 70's) and she's offered me first shot at buying her house and it's a good price. I've been there and it's perfect for me. To top it off it has a new roof, furnace, appliances, the attic was just insulated and the garage floor sealed. She is meticulous about cleanliness and the house is well cared for. Good quiet neighborhood and I'd have to close May 1. Now I have to figure out how to get my financing and get some debt paid down. At Christmas:confused:.

Oh that's excellent news, Jan! Since she's moving in with her son, she may leave all the yard maintenance equipment behind too. Such a deal!! I wish you the best of luck!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, it's too late to say anything other than good night Pops and friends. Work has sucked my essence dry and depleted all but a couple of brain cells. Not bad, eh? Since I've still got 2 brain cells left which I know are there because they've got a headache. I won't gripe about work any more except to say I've almost tallied my yearly intake of aspirin in one week. I suspect golf math has been incorporated into my job description. I'll add if y'all keep it up, I'm going to break down and visit loved ones so I can kick their butts for ignoring me as long as I've been ignoring them. We've had a good thing going.

I'm sorry about your loss, ABQ. Listen to Runny on this one. Relationships are a two way street, so you can cut your guilt in half. Time meanders on and people develop habits.

I see Colo's taken to frolicking in the front yard and Coach is spouting poetry. Exciting stuff! Dabz, that cat was hilarious and oh, so appropriate!

For all of you, rest well and here's hoping Friday is good to everyone.

P.S. Runny, that was a stroke of genius and I'll use it every time I talk about AR, the bass turd.
Yep, daboyz cat has a familiar look to it. She's got a llama and a goat she's been using on me for years, glad to see someone else getting it now. I do wonder just how many animal gifs she has to question the sanity of a poster.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and fellow big game enthusiasts and I ain't talking lions and bears but I am talking elephants and tigers, as in Bama and LSU. Finally a matchup that might bring some magic to this season. OSU-PSU will be another with CFP implications. Right now, they've got two Big 10 and SEC teams in it but that will change and Clemson should move up. I have mixed emotions about Penn St. On one hand, I don't like their cover up from the top down about Sandusky but on the other, none of those coaches or kids had anything to do with it. They are the only contender without a first day draft pick QB and I do like that because I am a team first kinda guy.

Got some good football on this weekend and another Cowboys SNF game and a good MNF matchup with SEA-SF. They should bill that as a the "baby" game and Tessitore and McFarland should call each other "baby" all night. Garoppolo is catching heat for calling Erin Andrews "baby" in the post game interview after that last win and he explained that as he uses the word "baby" 500 times during a game.

This got me to thinking about the words I might use 500 times during a Cowboys game and I can't put any of them here without being sent to sit in the corner the rest of the day and I have promised to "try" and behave myself in this thread. I never promised to do anything but try. And those that know me well feel that's a huge step in the right direction. Being good is good but being bad is great. Naughty is as naughty does.

LeonDixson

Reaction score

Good luck on the house, Jan.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and fellow big game enthusiasts and I ain't talking lions and bears but I am talking elephants and tigers, as in Bama and LSU. Finally a matchup that might bring some magic to this season. OSU-PSU will be another with CFP implications. Right now, they've got two Big 10 and SEC teams in it but that will change and Clemson should move up. I have mixed emotions about Penn St. On one hand, I don't like their cover up from the top down about Sandusky but on the other, none of those coaches or kids had anything to do with it. They are the only contender without a first day draft pick QB and I do like that because I am a team first kinda guy.

Got some good football on this weekend and another Cowboys SNF game and a good MNF matchup with SEA-SF. They should bill that as a the "baby" game and Tessitore and McFarland should call each other "baby" all night. Garoppolo is catching heat for calling Erin Andrews "baby" in the post game interview after that last win and he explained that as he uses the word "baby" 500 times during a game.

This got me to thinking about the words I might use 500 times during a Cowboys game and I can't put any of them here without being sent to sit in the corner the rest of the day and I have promised to "try" and behave myself in this thread. I never promised to do anything but try. And those that know me well feel that's a huge step in the right direction. Being good is good but being bad is great. Naughty is as naughty does.
I will applaud when the first celebrity pushes back on people being upset over what's intended to be innocent comments. I'd just tell them their skin is too thin to keep the rain off their brain so just sit on it and twirl.