FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. Today's the day! Our team will cut into that game cake and find out if we're contenders or pretenders. I say contenders, but Jason Garrett told me to hold my horses. I'm not happy with him.

Good news about your mom in law, Leon. I said a prayer for her.

Thank you for the compliment, Coach. I wish I would have elaborated, but I highlighted one song and one singer. I heard "I Can Take You To Heaven Tonight" and so many other great songs. Because you know I'm all about that bass, bout that bass, no treble, high pitched horns or honky tonk.

This past week, I was being brought up to date on some family gossip. Lots of buzz within the family right now. Momma said something about one of the young'uns "has his attitude" to which I translated into "had his a** tattoo'ed". They burst out laughing while I was trying to get to the (pun alert) bottom of this story. Fortunately, he has an attitude and not a tattoo. Those things are permanent!

I'm doing some baking today and just finished two Apple Walnut loaves of bread. Lemon Poppy Seed cookies are in my near future. Have a glorious football day, y'all!

kskboys

Reaction score
Thanks, everyone!!! BDay was 11/13. I would imagine you will not be surprised to find out that I was born on Friday the 13th!!!!!!

I decided long ago that adulting was never going to be in the cards for me. Being silly and ogling wimmins is much much much more fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Happy belated birthday wishes, ksk! Poppy seed cookies, Xelda? I hear and now declare my love for you. Turns out Mom (in law) had a thyroid crisis; meaning her thyroid level was too high. I was just reaching normal levels yesterday and she may get to come home today.
Coach, I agree with you. My MIL is a very sweet lady. Even my sister calls her 'mom'. She expressed her displeasure of being hospitalized to my daughter. My daughter said, "Dad only called the ambulance because you were incoherent. Don't be mad at him." Mom responded with "I could never be mad at you dad. I get upset with your mom once in a while, but never your dad."

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks, everyone!!! BDay was 11/13. I would imagine you will not be surprised to find out that I was born on Friday the 13th!!!!!!

I decided long ago that adulting was never going to be in the cards for me. Being silly and ogling wimmins is much much much more fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, we should have remembered with that "mysterious gift" the wifey was giving you after coming home a winner at the Wampum Wager house.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Happy belated birthday wishes, ksk! Poppy seed cookies, Xelda? I hear and now declare my love for you. Turns out Mom (in law) had a thyroid crisis; meaning her thyroid level was too high. I was just reaching normal levels yesterday and she may get to come home today.
Coach, I agree with you. My MIL is a very sweet lady. Even my sister calls her 'mom'. She expressed her displeasure of being hospitalized to my daughter. My daughter said, "Dad only called the ambulance because you were incoherent. Don't be mad at him." Mom responded with "I could never be mad at you dad. I get upset with your mom once in a while, but never your dad."
They call an ambulance every time I'm incoherent, I am going to need to own my own. Coherency is in the ear of the beholder as I like to tell people "I can only speak, I can't understand it for you".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and Mudville Moaners. What a nasty game, I would have called my sons in from playing in weather like that.

I gotta say, I get a kick out of the Fan Forum with the overreactions. The Cowboys go to play in the toughest venue in the NFL in the Patriots' conditions against the number 1 D in the league and some are angry they lost? My favorites are the ones that complain about not beating a team with a winning record and then are mad they lost to a 9-1 team.

Oh, well, no time to lament the loss, got the Buffalo Wings Day game coming up. When I first saw that, I thought 'what the hell? On Turkey Day? Buffalo?' I could see any other game on the schedule but that one and now it's turned out to be a much better matchup than I anticipated proving "what do I know"? As if that needs more proving.

Short week for the workers and I hope you got Friday off as well for a much deserved 4 day weekend. Just the description of your workday here wears me out and I need a nap after some of Jan's "Adventures at the Office". Her latest one was "where, oh where, can I hide these knives"? I look forward to her next installment of "How to start your own collection of kitchen utensils for free".

Well, that's enough " for now, I can only use that " 4 more times today. Now, 3.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and Mudville Moaners. What a nasty game, I would have called my sons in from playing in weather like that.

I gotta say, I get a kick out of the Fan Forum with the overreactions. The Cowboys go to play in the toughest venue in the NFL in the Patriots' conditions against the number 1 D in the league and some are angry they lost? My favorites are the ones that complain about not beating a team with a winning record and then are mad they lost to a 9-1 team.

Oh, well, no time to lament the loss, got the Buffalo Wings Day game coming up. When I first saw that, I thought 'what the hell? On Turkey Day? Buffalo?' I could see any other game on the schedule but that one and now it's turned out to be a much better matchup than I anticipated proving "what do I know"? As if that needs more proving.

Short week for the workers and I hope you got Friday off as well for a much deserved 4 day weekend. Just the description of your workday here wears me out and I need a nap after some of Jan's "Adventures at the Office". Her latest one was "where, oh where, can I hide these knives"? I look forward to her next installment of "How to start your own collection of kitchen utensils for free".

Well, that's enough " for now, I can only use that " 4 more times today. Now, 3.
I've got today off, so I could watch yesterday's game against the officials. They must be seeing the same ghosts the Jets' QB saw.

Then I have Thursday and Friday off. Two day work week.... Let's see how the French live.

Hope everyone has a great day, despite the crap sammich we had to eat for dinner.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've got today off, so I could watch yesterday's game against the officials. They must be seeing the same ghosts the Jets' QB saw.

Then I have Thursday and Friday off. Two day work week.... Let's see how the French live.

Hope everyone has a great day, despite the crap sammich we had to eat for dinner.
I don't usually play the ref card but that needs some explaining on those two tripping calls. The officiating has become increasingly unacceptable and the inconsistency is ridiculous.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

At the risk of getting scolded for my bad attitude (and I'm only going to say this here because of I open my mouth at work I get dumped on about being a Cowboys fan), I have an incredibly difficult time understanding HOW we can have a team with SO much talent that consistently seems to play to prove the nay-sayers right. All I can do is stare in disbelief at what happens with this team on a weekly basis. Smh:confused:. And what the heck is in the water in San Francisco? Things feel quite upside down... maybe it's the vertigo...

Happy Monday.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and everyone.

At the risk of getting scolded for my bad attitude (and I'm only going to say this here because of I open my mouth at work I get dumped on about being a Cowboys fan), I have an incredibly difficult time understanding HOW we can have a team with SO much talent that consistently seems to play to prove the nay-sayers right. All I can do is stare in disbelief at what happens with this team on a weekly basis. Smh:confused:. And what the heck is in the water in San Francisco? Things feel quite upside down... maybe it's the vertigo...

Happy Monday.
There's the key, that SO much talent. I do not agree that they have more talent than some other teams like SF, SEA, NO, GB and MIN. I think they are about where they should be regarding talent except for that Jets game. They should be 7-4.

What was in the water in SF was a team built like one is supposed to be, D first. While the Cowboys were using their 1sts on OL, the Niners used theirs on DL and now it's paying off. But the last time they went, when Harbaugh was there, was because of the D.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to everybody who has stopped in today.

Well, bad football weekend for me, Texas got smoked and the Cowboys got embarrassed. Nothing left to do now but bury myself in work and tune out the rest!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you all had a good weekend, minus the game yesterday.

Short work week for most, Thanksgiving is around the corner so everybody get your stuff done and enjoy the long Holiday Weekend!

God Bless everybody!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao2:
3hiqn3.gif

Now, that's funny. Surpasses many of the cat memes.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good evening Pops and friends. I'm not going to be a big baby today about yesterday. If anyone wants to complain about refs changing the outcome of a game, I'll be here. If not, I'll still be here and thinking it.

Loves the Cowboys, lemon poppy seed cookies, funny stuff and hates clowns? You are my people!!!!

I've got to start drinking water for a scan tomorrow, so I'd better plan for a long evening on the potty. It's gonna be a looooong night.

Last edited:

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Our weather was fantastic yesterday and should be again today. We grilled rib eye steaks and ate dinner on the back porch last night. I didn't even care that I was missing the Monday night game. We will not be chewing, because are eschewing, turkey on Thanksgiving. We will be having ham instead. Y'all have a great day.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

We woke this morning to about 6 inches of snow with continuing snow fall throughout the day. Temperatures are expected to reach the low 20's. Seems like a good day to stay inside and hunker by the fire place. That said, I will have break out the cold weather gear, including my big furry Russian hat and clear the driveway.

My big news is that my wife returned safe and sound from visiting her family in Russia. Needless to say, I missed her but, the best part of her return was her nod of approval with my management of the household. When she left, we had three cats and very clean and tidy home. She returned to the same. It has taken a while, but I believe she acknowledges that I am not just a pretty face.

I hope all of you are weathering this week's artic blast in good spirits. And, I hope all of you are well into your planning for Thanksgiving. We are having a neighborhood Thanksgiving with a small group of families in are area. Unlike a family gathering, I am hoping this means we can discuss politics and sports without bloodshed.

One final thought, I have a Pavlovian reaction every morning waiting for @daboyzruleperiod lastest meme submission. So, if you are out there and up at this hour, I am waiting.

:muttley: