FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good Black Friday morning Pops and those who will join me in not shopping today. I've already shared my Black Friday tale of woe with y'all and I am still scarred and that was over 50 years ago.

Went to my son's yesterday and had wonderful beignets that his pastry chef wife made and he fried turkeys, one for me to bring back and I had plans for sammiches and gumbo except he altered the injection recipe and messed them up. A recipe that's been around since 1955, in my hands in 1985 and in his since 2010 when he started doing his own. This is the same fruit of my loins that had the audacity to announce one Christmas Eve that he had improved on his Mom's spaghetti sauce recipe, deemed by every single family member and friend that had ever tasted it as the best they'd ever eaten and why I have never even attempted to duplicate it. She measured nothing and cooked by taste and it became a Christmas Eve tradition for 20 years and we'd have people invite themselves for that sauce. For all the years we lived in Dallas and they were in business, Tomasso's was our spaghetti dealer and after I took them some sauce one year, they offered to pay for the recipe. The owner said it was the best sauce he'd ever tasted. And my son was going to improve on that? Well, enough about him, I'll look over my will later today, don't want to now or all he's going to get is that recipe.

I hope you guys had a fine TDay and I have a confession to make. I secretly enjoyed the poor no name Buffalo Bills spanking America's Team when I saw Booger's face in that suite. That man's presence on this planet has finally had the effect I've been fighting for so long. I don't care if they win or lose and losing is even sweeter to see that ugly ole coot's sourpuss face.

I also lost some respect for Romo and his excuse making for Booger's lack of self control with his mouth. Maybe he should consider just who is responsible for him being in the booth and not on the field, it sure as hell wasn't Garrett.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:muttley:
3hx5ro.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

Xelda

Reaction score
Happy National Shopping Day Pops and friends. Shop until you drop or send a woman out to do it for you. We have an insane amount of stamina when released back into our element, the mall. Some can turn into raccoons and deftly pursue a buggy with the last of a sale item. We are able to survive on a Cinnabon until the stores close. Then it's a quick run through McDonalds and on to Walmart. Naturally, you will find a few that hate to shop. We don't trust them.
I had a call last night to make sure I was alright (I wasn't) and what is going on with the Cowboys. I've repeatedly checked the DC site for a special announcement, but none came. Snort, Growl and Snort some more.:banghead: Oh! I haven't checked today yet. They'd scroll that announcement across all channels, wouldn't they? There'd be much dancing in the streets.

Hey Coach! Care to share the sketti sauce recipe? We promise not to mess with perfection and we are some sketti eatin' fools. Don't make me send Tyron to your house in the Boogermobile. I thought about sending Sean Lee, but he'd probably pull a ham string getting out of the car. I'd send Jason Witten, but you can out run him. You'd make Amari cry, then get him drunk. You'd be an even worse influence on Dak. No Booger because we don't want you on trial for murder via alcohol poisoning. You'd still be considered an American Hero for freeing America's Team from the insane grip of JJ. We might drop a couple of dollars in value, but it would be worth it.

Morning Pops and all you fellow Cowboys fans. Other than the game hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Been a long time since I checked in and I know everyone has been worried sick
Seeing you around in other threads keeps the worry to a minimum. You are missed here, but we're happy you're ok. You little prodigal.

I hate crowds and waiting 30 minutes to check out, so I'm going to work in the yard. The neighbor's tree finally dumped the bulk of it's dead leaves and the weather was merciful enough to spread the love down the neighborhood. Have a good day all and don't aggravate Coach so he'll share the recipe with us.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

Short and sweet... I hate shopping (sorry Xel).

I went today to pick up a grave blanket for my dad's plot at the Rock Island Arsenal Cemetery. Since he passed away that is one tradition I've maintained, even if most of the siblings don't come along for whatever reason. Whoever is going this year will meet up tomorrow and we'll go have a few laughs 'with him'.

Beyond that I plan to stay hold up in my apartment for the rest of the day.

Happy Friday everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Happy National Shopping Day Pops and friends. Shop until you drop or send a woman out to do it for you. We have an insane amount of stamina when released back into our element, the mall. Some can turn into raccoons and deftly pursue a buggy with the last of a sale item. We are able to survive on a Cinnabon until the stores close. Then it's a quick run through McDonalds and on to Walmart. Naturally, you will find a few that hate to shop. We don't trust them.
I had a call last night to make sure I was alright (I wasn't) and what is going on with the Cowboys. I've repeatedly checked the DC site for a special announcement, but none came. Snort, Growl and Snort some more.:banghead: Oh! I haven't checked today yet. They'd scroll that announcement across all channels, wouldn't they? There'd be much dancing in the streets.

Hey Coach! Care to share the sketti sauce recipe? We promise not to mess with perfection and we are some sketti eatin' fools. Don't make me send Tyron to your house in the Boogermobile. I thought about sending Sean Lee, but he'd probably pull a ham string getting out of the car. I'd send Jason Witten, but you can out run him. You'd make Amari cry, then get him drunk. You'd be an even worse influence on Dak. No Booger because we don't want you on trial for murder via alcohol poisoning. You'd still be considered an American Hero for freeing America's Team from the insane grip of JJ. We might drop a couple of dollars in value, but it would be worth it.

Seeing you around in other threads keeps the worry to a minimum. You are missed here, but we're happy you're ok. You little prodigal.

I hate crowds and waiting 30 minutes to check out, so I'm going to work in the yard. The neighbor's tree finally dumped the bulk of it's dead leaves and the weather was merciful enough to spread the love down the neighborhood. Have a good day all and don't aggravate Coach so he'll share the recipe with us.
X Girl, I don't even have a recipe and haven't even making it or eaten sketti since she's been gone. In fact, most of the family that's ever had it doesn't eat it any longer. It was a Christmas Eve tradition for so many years and I don;t even know how that came about.

My wife cooked by taste as much as anything and I don't do that. If I am cooking chili, I don't taste it much because then I won't want it. I've actually started cooking chili for the next day and that works out well because I can get it balanced and it always seems to be better the next day after resting in the fridge. I assume it's resting, I make it pretty highly seasoned and I have tried to catch it doing something but I don't have one of them new fangled see through fridge's or I'd keep an eye on it and see what it's up to with the light out.

Xelda

Reaction score
I can't quite say why, but I neglected to give thanks for each and every one of you. Everyone of you brings something unique to this thread and became my Cowboys family. Thank you one and all.
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

Short and sweet... I hate shopping (sorry Xel).

I went today to pick up a grave blanket for my dad's plot at the Rock Island Arsenal Cemetery. Since he passed away that is one tradition I've maintained, even if most of the siblings don't come along for whatever reason. Whoever is going this year will meet up tomorrow and we'll go have a few laughs 'with him'.

Beyond that I plan to stay hold up in my apartment for the rest of the day.

Happy Friday everyone.
Jan, my momma hates shopping as well. I didn't love her any less, but a few points were deducted from her woman card. You make up for it in other areas, so don't sweat the small stuff or the deducted points. I wish you peace and contentment tomorrow.

X Girl, I don't even have a recipe and haven't even making it or eaten sketti since she's been gone. In fact, most of the family that's ever had it doesn't eat it any longer. It was a Christmas Eve tradition for so many years and I don;t even know how that came about.

My wife cooked by taste as much as anything and I don't do that. If I am cooking chili, I don't taste it much because then I won't want it. I've actually started cooking chili for the next day and that works out well because I can get it balanced and it always seems to be better the next day after resting in the fridge. I assume it's resting, I make it pretty highly seasoned and I have tried to catch it doing something but I don't have one of them new fangled see through fridge's or I'd keep an eye on it and see what it's up to with the light out.
Well, that's disappointing but I'd rather hear that than have you utter the words Prego or Ragu.

I'm certain you've heard that song about the devil going to Georgia. He was looking for a soul to steal before heading back to his day job of messing up chili recipes. He likes the refrigerated stuff best because well, it's air conditioned. He'll steal powdered fiber from poor, unfortunate souls and mix it into everyone's concoction along with extra hot spices so everyone can feel the burn. You should probably have some ice cream on hand to cool things off afterwards and I ain't talking about your tongue. :p

GrammaJan

Reaction score

Coach, I only use a recipe when needed. More often than not when people ask me for one my response is "there is no recipe" lol. I joke and secretly hope that at my funeral/memorial service (anticipating that will be many many years into the future) when people reminisce about me and tell stories someone will bring that up and everyone in unison will say "there is no recipe" and find humor and a good laugh in it.

strollinruss

Reaction score

We went shopping for about 45 min and I felt
Who are you? :muttley:
I ask myself that everyday