FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He said "My name is Basil, as in Basil Rathbone. haha. We talked about fishing and he gave me some pointers. He told me about his trips to Miami on a cruise ship that runs between here and Miami every other day. He worked at the airport all his life until he retired. For the last 27 years he supervised luggage handling and refueling. He mentioned his twin brother about 5 times.
How do you know you weren't talking to his twin?

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

It's 13° outside with wind gusts of 35-45mph. This girl is staying indoors and doing some shredding and a little more packing/pre-spring cleaning. I had no idea I still had tax returns sitting here from '06. I got divorced in '07. Long overdue for shredding and man...when I think about everything that has happened in my life since then it makes my head spin.

Oh yes, and because I'm pretty sure none of you know me or my family I get to tell you all some news I got from my son yesterday that none of the family knows yet. There's going to be yet another grandkiddo coming along here late July or early August! So, that'll make 3 for him, and my daughter has 4 (which includes Dustin's daughter)... I just realized I can't afford anymore grandkidso_O. They've always been competitive with each other but this is taking it a bit far.

Clearly my kids have more free time than they're letting on. Maybe instead of complaining about money they should be working second jobs and making more money instead of making more babies.

That's all I've got for now. Break's over. Back to the shredder and boxes.

How's everyone's weekend going?

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. I was approached about a pretty good paying job last week and I said “ well I don’t.....” my wife said “yes, yes”. Ok it didn’t happen exactly that way but I have esp and can read her mind, kinda sooo, I’m going for an interview on Tuesday....I don’t know if I can adjust back to a 40 hr workweek.....:muttley:. I did tell them if I get the job, I might go back into retirement in a month if I feel I’m spinning my wheels. My mind has pretty much gone blank the last 2 years.

I was actually planning to look for a part time job at Lowe’s just to get back in the flow of things. Plus an employee discount would be nice...

Cat has become part of the family. She’s an outdoor/indoor cat. She’s kind of rude and never asks for permission to jump on your lap. Cat is cool tho. She’s sleeping on my lap now :muttley:

Have a great rest of the weekend friends.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

It's 13° outside with wind gusts of 35-45mph. This girl is staying indoors and doing some shredding and a little more packing/pre-spring cleaning. I had no idea I still had tax returns sitting here from '06. I got divorced in '07. Long overdue for shredding and man...when I think about everything that has happened in my life since then it makes my head spin.

Oh yes, and because I'm pretty sure none of you know me or my family I get to tell you all some news I got from my son yesterday that none of the family knows yet. There's going to be yet another grandkiddo coming along here late July or early August! So, that'll make 3 for him, and my daughter has 4 (which includes Dustin's daughter)... I just realized I can't afford anymore grandkidso_O. They've always been competitive with each other but this is taking it a bit far.

Clearly my kids have more free time than they're letting on. Maybe instead of complaining about money they should be working second jobs and making more money instead of making more babies.

That's all I've got for now. Break's over. Back to the shredder and boxes.

How's everyone's weekend going?

Jan, congrats on the grand bambino in the oven, I have one due in June. That will make 6 for us with the Good Lord willing.
The brisket came out ok but a little dry. I ate a brisket sandwich and gave the rest away. The weather has dipped to about 60° and raining. I’ll take this compared to 13°. Brrrr

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Jan, congrats on the grand bambino in the oven, I have one due in June. That will make 6 for us with the Good Lord willing.
The brisket came out ok but a little dry. I ate a brisket sandwich and gave the rest away. The weather has dipped to about 60° and raining. I’ll take this compared to 13°. Brrrr
Thank you on that whole grandbaby thing, and congrats to you as well, on the grandbaby...and the job(?).

January through April is very unpredictable here weather-wise. It's not uncommon for us to get snow in April lol. Sometimes we have 60's in February. It's nutty. I hope it's decent when it's time to move. Gonna get me a grill too and do some real cooking:D regardless of the weather.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you on that whole grandbaby thing, and congrats to you as well, on the grandbaby...and the job(?).

January through April is very unpredictable here weather-wise. It's not uncommon for us to get snow in April lol. Sometimes we have 60's in February. It's nutty. I hope it's decent when it's time to move. Gonna get me a grill too and do some real cooking:D regardless of the weather.
That's the spirit, mama! To hell with the "grilling season" those crazy yankees have.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good evening Pops and friends. Guess what I'm doing? Well yes, I'm typing in the Pops thread. Yes, I'm sitting at my computer. I'm working on a playlist! Yes, another one. It's different than the bathroom repair playlist. It's oldies that are enjoyable to me. A little tougher than it sounds, but not enough to fret over.

A lot of conversing has taken place and I lost my place on where to hop in at. I did see where Leon's found a replacement for us :eek:. This could impede all our plans for time hogging the beach. Who is this Basil and why don't we have intel on him? Coach! Get your cocoanuts in gear and check things out. :cool: The rest of you, keep your eyes peeled for signs of trouble in paradise. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::confused::cool::cool::cool::cool: I don't mean to alarm anyone, but we look an awful lot like Smurfs.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Thank you. Moving is exhausting work good luck with the weather. We accumulate so much stuff in our lifetime. The more I get rid of junk, the faster it seems to be multiplying. Lol @ the grilling...that’s the spirit :thumbup:

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Hoping your week gets off to a good start. We are going to order a new refrigerator and other furniture and grill, etc. that we need for the condo. Most stuff is excluded from the import duty fee and the value added tax until June on Grand Bahama and Abaco islands, due to the hurricane. Even with shipping costs it's cheaper to order from Lowes or Home Depot, etc. since we won't have to pay import fees and taxes.

Good evening Pops and friends. Guess what I'm doing? Well yes, I'm typing in the Pops thread. Yes, I'm sitting at my computer. I'm working on a playlist! Yes, another one. It's different than the bathroom repair playlist. It's oldies that are enjoyable to me. A little tougher than it sounds, but not enough to fret over.

A lot of conversing has taken place and I lost my place on where to hop in at. I did see where Leon's found a replacement for us :eek:. This could impede all our plans for time hogging the beach. Who is this Basil and why don't we have intel on him? Coach! Get your cocoanuts in gear and check things out. :cool: The rest of you, keep your eyes peeled for signs of trouble in paradise. :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::confused::cool::cool::cool::cool: I don't mean to alarm anyone, but we look an awful lot like Smurfs.

That will never happen, Darlin' . You all will always be my favorites.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thank you. Moving is exhausting work good luck with the weather. We accumulate so much stuff in our lifetime. The more I get rid of junk, the faster it seems to be multiplying. Lol @ the grilling...that’s the spirit :thumbup:
It's the space issue. Got space? Get stuff. I cleaned out my pantry to be better organized and not have stuff expiring and it looked very spiffy. And then the inevitable happened shortly thereafter, like the next time I opened the pantry door. Space!!!!!! I need more stuff and sure enough, I've got to go through it again.

I act like I live in the wilderness and only go to town a couple of times a year. 'Yes, yes, someday I will need this, it will be one of my preciouses'. Is that even a word? Try saying that without sounding like Gollum. Can't, can you? You did it too, didn't you? I thought you would, I get posters out in gen pop to try saying things 5 times without taking a breath and they do it. I didn't in here because I loves ya! But I did get you to try it once. I win.

The rule is act like you are moving every 5 years and get rid of everything but forget that nonsense about "get rid of everything that doesn't bring you joy" by that woman. There wouldn't be a vacuum left in America and dust bunnies would inherit the earth.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well now, good Championship Sunday to Pops and all y'all. Today decides whether I watch the SB. If GB is in it, I won't watch because I can't stand that smug insurance salesman, Arrogant Rodgers. I hope the Niners DL makes his life miserable today.

Don't much care about the other game but I would prefer TEN because I've never liked Mr. Walrus. However, I like Mahomes OK and he is fun to watch and a GB-KC matchup is what the owners want, which is why I don't. TEN is scrappy and a throwback but going into KC and winning without good QB play is going to be a tall order. But if they can't stop Henry, going to be tough on them.

And speaking of Derrick Henry, y'all remember the poster that was obsessed with the Cowboys taking him? He was relentless and thought they could take Ramsey instead of Elliott and then get Henry in the 2nd, and they could have. He got shouted down because he wouldn't stop but he might have been right.

Y'all enjoy the games today unless GB wins and then I don't want anyone to have any fun.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
I can't stand that smug insurance salesman, Arrogant Rodgers.
3mkyfe.gif

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know what it is about Rogers, but I really don't care for him as a person.

He reminds of that guy in high school that is voted best looking, most likely to succeed and most athletic all in the same year. All the while, I am sitting in the back of the room clutching my "Good Conduct" award.
I got the "Most Likely to Win None Of the Other Awards" award. But I did hold it dear to me as I was the only one that won it and rumor was the only one that got any votes.

Xelda

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and friends. We're counting on you, Leon! Good luck with updating your home away from home. I think Coach said something about messing up one of the toilets, so check on a duty free commode. Big screen TV can't hurt either.

Dabz, you gotta stop putting pictures of that turd before our eyes! We see too much already. I really do change channels when it appears on my TV. Can't stand it's face (not Tom Brady), it's voice (not James Earl Jones), it's team (quick Runny, give me a PG word for SH IT AS SEZ) and every product it endorses. If GB wins, I promise not to be happy about it unless the Super Bowl sees that icehole* (*TM Runny) stomped into retirement.