FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Congrats on the new grand baby, ABQ! That is great news! My son and his gal-pal (since we aren't using 'significant other' on this site... and they aren't yet engaged for reasons understood by me, believe it or not) haven't yet announced that they are expecting, although they were supposed to let that cat out of the bag on Valentine's Day. Guess they aren't ready yet to let the family know. My daughter did announce to me over the weekend that they are expanding their family and have acquired a 4-year-old fur baby Belgian Malinois mix. So, including the bi-ped not yet born, that makes 7 grand bi-peds and 6 grand quadri-peds.

Holiday are getting expensive on the bi-ped side of the ledger. o_O

Congrats! That is also great news Jan. I guess it's you and me with the slew of Grandbabies!

Xelda

Reaction score
I'm sorry I didn't congratulate you, ABQ and Jan. Congratulations. May the new one come into this world, happy, healthy and soft voiced with a super natural ability to sleep through the night. If they could change their own diapers, that would just be icing on the cake.

Here's a video Dabz posted in the funny video thread which cracked me up.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

I am sitting at my dentist office awaiting my semi-annual teeth cleaning. I would rather shave with a weasel, than have the dentist poke around my gums. Sigh.

Congratulations, @ABQCOWBOY on the new grandbaby. Grandkids are so much fun to spoil.

@GrammaJan, congratulations on your new family addition as well. Sorry, though, to hear about about your work frustrations. Probably won't help you much but, my self-help remedy for similar situations was to craft an email expressing what I thought about the situation and then sit on it for 24-24 hours. More often than not, I would end up deleting the draft. Occasionally, I would tweak it a bit and then send. On even more rare occasions (like when I advised of my impending retirement), I sent the note as originally written. Regardless, which path I took,vi invariably felt better.

"Suppose to be 80 today". Really, @CouchCoach ? I have to service the snowplow later today ahead of tomorrow's snowstorm and you're probably thinking about watering your yard.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

I am sitting at my dentist office awaiting my semi-annual teeth cleaning. I would rather shave with a weasel, than have the dentist poke around my gums. Sigh.

Congratulations, @ABQCOWBOY on the new grandbaby. Grandkids are so much fun to spoil.

@GrammaJan, congratulations on your new family addition as well. Sorry, though, to hear about about your work frustrations. Probably won't help you much but, my self-help remedy for similar situations was to craft an email expressing what I thought about the situation and then sit on it for 24-24 hours. More often than not, I would end up deleting the draft. Occasionally, I would tweak it a bit and then send. On even more rare occasions (like when I advised of my impending retirement), I sent the note as originally written. Regardless, which path I took,vi invariably felt better.

"Suppose to be 80 today". Really, @CouchCoach ? I have to service the snowplow later today ahead of tomorrow's snowstorm and you're probably thinking about watering your yard.
Colo, don't feel bad, I am not thinking of watering the yard.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
:lmao:
3phk51.gif

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. It's Tuesday which is slightly better than Monday. I had to go to Sam's last night to pick up a prescription. I got there around 6pm and instead of rushing straight to the pharmacy, I decided to ramble off the beaten path to rediscover the thrill of so many types of bread to choose from. I ended up with that hippy bread which has a ton of seeds in them. I kept myself off the laundry aisle to avoid grabbing another scent booster. Such restraint must be rewarded, right? There was a hopping good deal on toilet paper and tissues in BULK. Not much room left over for that huge bag of potting soil I required, so the paper products go on top of the groceries. Fortunately, I did not buy that many groceries so I'd wound my way around the store back to the pharmacy which closed around cereal aisle time. I was so annoyed with myself.

I got in line to check out and the system refused my card. I was asked for another card and I told her that's the only card I've got. She was confused and I was dumbfounded. I had to leave everything and go to customer service which could not perform the proper ritual over my card to get it to work any longer. I remembered momma taking off an ex employee and putting one of my nieces on. The man removed everyone from the account and momma had to try and get him straightened out. Apparently, he didn't get it right.

I found my buggy and got back in a different line. A man was standing all alone with his two items as the cashier had to leave the register to get help to use a phone gift card. He was friendly, chatty and assuring me that it wouldn't take long. I'm sort of sore over waiting too long for my prescription and then having to get a new card. The cashier came back and was the nicest person I've encountered in a while. She went through everything and came across a bottle of whisky I deemed necessary.

"Oh, you got the good stuff" she chirped.
I replied "I don't know how good it is, but it's for those special times when you want to snatch the world bald headed."
"I feel you" she replied.

She was such a pleasure and I can't give her enough credit for helping me transition out of Monday into Monnight.

Yesterday was the first time I've left Bailey at home alone since we lost Mommaw. Last night she wouldn't sleep in the bed with me. I have been put in the dog house and didn't even get the item I left the house in the first place to get. I have to return to the scene of the crime today before it starts raining. The temperatures are dropping after a warm day yesterday. This winter is weird.

I hope everyone else has a good Tuesday.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Xelda, that cashier reminds me of what my wife told me when I asked her why she was smiling all the time. She said "you never know when just being nice to someone can change their day and outlook and it makes me feel good to smile. Besides that, you can't be angry and smiling". She was right, except that last part. On more than one occasion I saw her smiling at me and angry but it wasn't that nice friendly greeting smile. It was that "how deep do I have to bury him so the animals don't dig him up" smile.

I try to tell myself that because I am not a naturally smiling person. I will smile in response to someone but I need to concentrate on smiling first. Can't complain about an unfriendly world if I am not being friendly. So, when I venture forth now, I have a goal of making at least one person smile to me in response. I hear my wife saying "good boy" when I do that.

I often got "you're not like I first thought you'd be". My wife used to say I had this Do Not Disturb sign out but that's not really unfriendliness, it is intense preoccupation. I need to focus. I can go into the store for one item, bread. If I don't go 'bread, bread, bread, bread, bread' in my mind, I am liable to end up with asparagus, a Thermos, feminine hygiene products and a case of motor oil, and I need none of that, and it's still 50/50 with using the repeat the one thing I came into this store over and over until I'm back home.

Xelda

Reaction score
That lady was an absolute angel. I thanked her for being such a pleasant person before heading to the car. I fussed at myself for buying that gigantic bag of potting soil as I wrestled it in the dark with high hopes of hitting my open trunk.

To quote her "I feel you". I have to take a grocery list with me because bread, bread, bread is in the back and I know I'm going to shoot off down other aisles before I hit the back of the store. Without the list, bread, bread, bread is often over looked in favor of new sheets, dog bed, dog treats, yogurt for me, yogurt for Bailey, grapes, berries, apples, maybe onions, and definitely rice crispy treats. Then the light bulb will flicker to remind me about the bread when I'm almost home. It doesn't happen every time, but often enough for the list to keep me semi honest. The rest of my family go straight to what they need and don't stop to smell the many wonders of Sam's. I would be bored if I didn't investigate all my options.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and let me be the first to wish all a Happy Hump Day.

Going to be cold and rainy, in the 40's, here all day and tomorrow so unless there's a change, no weather forecast for you from CC Land on the morrow, this one will have to suffice for both days. I know, this puts a kink in your stockings (let me catch my breath after writing that) but I think I have been more than generous with my weather reports, complete with rants when applicable and just when aren't they?

I must change my morning ritual because heart attacks happen a lot upon first arising. I can't go to the internet and get my news because it infuriates me beyond my limits. It's not getting any better, my anger continues to build with people in charge gone wild.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to everybody who decided to stop in and visit the thread.

It's hump day and still a lot to do before I head out with the Family for a long snowboarding weekend. I hope everybody is humming along with a good week going.

It's overcast here today, looks like a great day for Posole today. Unfortunately, because we will be gone, probably won't make it, it will just go bad on me.

Gotta run today, so keep it short.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, have a great, great day!

Everybody, your half way home! Just finish up strong and you are on the down slope of the week! Be well everybody!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. We've got the same weather here as Coach has. Tomorrow will be a repeat. I put my bird feeder out with fresh grub and the birds are throwing a party at my kitchen window. I feel guilty when they see me and take off. If they could read, I'd put a sign up saying "You're safe from me. If the food wasn't in this room, I don't think I'd be here."

Oh Dabz! You've done it now! Gone and given Coach ideas on how to middle finger the Bentley's and such without raising a hand. May I suggest an Igloo trunk? Hot glue some empty beer cans for tail lights. Allow some streamers to trail out the red trunk and fill the tail lights with glitter for bumps and cracks in the road. Don't forget to liberally apply duct tape where hot glue isn't strong enough and we've got a book of experiences to keep us laughing for years.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good afternoon Pops and friends. We've got the same weather here as Coach has. Tomorrow will be a repeat. I put my bird feeder out with fresh grub and the birds are throwing a party at my kitchen window. I feel guilty when they see me and take off. If they could read, I'd put a sign up saying "You're safe from me. If the food wasn't in this room, I don't think I'd be here."

Oh Dabz! You've done it now! Gone and given Coach ideas on how to middle finger the Bentley's and such without raising a hand. May I suggest an Igloo trunk? Hot glue some empty beer cans for tail lights. Allow some streamers to trail out the red trunk and fill the tail lights with glitter for bumps and cracks in the road. Don't forget to liberally apply duct tape where hot glue isn't strong enough and we've got a book of experiences to keep us laughing for years.
What makes you think I don't already have that, daboyz has given me an idea about trading up. And just to rub it in on these people, when I am not headed to the liquor store, I'll put it up on blocks in the front yard.