FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good afternoon Pops and friends. Yesterday I checked out some shows on Amazon Prime. I decided against the "Mind of a serial killer" and watched an Elephant Man documentary. What possessed me? I don't know. I'm exceptionally squeamish to begin with, but I also decided to cook a whole chicken which I haven't done in years. As I pulled meat off that chicken (while apologizing to the little creature) I got nauseated hitting bones, skin and fat. It was semi traumatic considering some of the stuff I'd seen and emphasis placed on stuff. Why did I watch that and cook a whole chicken? I'm just not cut out for stuff like this.

Belated Happy Birthday, Leon! None of us could have gotten you that wonderful beach house, but you and dang it, you deserve it!
You'd love The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. That show is hilarious.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
3swlbe.gif

:lmao::thumbup:

:lmao2:

My Wife is home today for the duration. She just looked at this post and spit her OJ all over her Keyboard. This one is great DBZ!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in and visit today.

I hope that the day is finding you all well. Lots of stuff happening fast in FA today. Hope we can get some decent Defensive help and not just waste all our time chasing Dak. We are losing some guys.

Well, Wife got sent home yesterday so she will be working from the house until further notice. I guess that means that I will have to actually do some work and not just spend all my time on the board. LOL........

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope all of you are safe and sound with your families or loved ones and in no danger.

Everybody, stay safe, keep well and above all, enjoy your day.

Peace........

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3t1kdw.gif

Good morning Pops and friends. Bummer day today. I asked the company to pay me with TP and hand sanitizer but they insisted on paying me money. Oh well.

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone. Back to work.
:laugh:
:lmao2:
My Wife is home today for the duration. She just looked at this post and spit her OJ all over her Keyboard. This one is great DBZ!
Lol. Thank you for sharing Poppy. That made my morning. :D

GrammaJan

Reaction score
3t1kdw.gif

:laugh:
Lol. Thank you for sharing Poppy. That made my morning. :D

Thanks for the odd but sweet memory, DABZ. My guy used to love that goofy camel. Would leave me sweet notes in my things to take to work or write them on the bathroom mirror in Chapstick...which was so sweet, endearing and fun and one of the things I really miss..., but Wednesdays we're extra special because he'd give me my smooch goodbye in the morning and, until he got really sick, I'd hear him bellowing that whole hump day thing before I could get the door shut behind me as I left for work. Always made me smile and shake my head. Anniversary of his passing is next week. Thank you, again.:rolleyes::)

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Here's a video of Colo Cowboy. I don't know if this is backup cat or main cat.

https://biggeekdad.com/2018/03/the-backpacking-cat/
Definitely one of the back-up cats. Thanks for making my day.

For the past three days, I have exhibited flu-like symptoms. After consulting our medical provider, it is most likely a common cold and not coronavirus. We are self-quaratining just to be sure. So far it is more an inconvenience, than a problem.

Anyway, good morning Pops and Zoner Friends. Hope all of you are doing well and that you are taking care of yourselves.

Sorry, I really haven't kept up with this thread, so I have no doubt missed a few things.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and hoping for the cold, Colo. My allergies flared up back in Jan so while I do have some symptoms, I am sure it's just allergies, which are the #1 cause of sickness where I live.

Went to my friendly neighborhood HEB this morning because I had to go to town to pick up my wine shipments. How fortunate that my wine club should choose now to send my bi-monthly shipment and have a special offering as well that I took advantage of because I am practicing to be a shut in. I plan on cracking one of those lovelies this evening and practicing my peering out the curtains. Cool thing is to catch somebody looking back and let the curtain fall and just stir into a little breeze. I may add shouting "Mother, NO!!!" jjst to add a little spring into their step.

I am missing the traffic for spring break that usually takes place here with the full trams and vans shuttling people to an fro and people taking pictures of each other at the fountain. This is as bad as January when this place folds up. I miss people. Egads, what's wrong with me? I will lose my standing in the Curmudgeon and Recluse Club where we never have meetings. Out motto, "The World is Our Lawn".

I encourage all of us to find things to lighten up the days, add some laughs because I do believe this will get worse before it gets better and it's easy to get depressed when we realize just how many stupid people are around us.

Speaking of HEB, and I was way back there in this post, I talked briefly with the manager and he said they've never been so under stress but the large majority of customers have been understanding. The lady one lane over from me was the exception. She was reading the poor young checker the riot act, loudly, because the bakery and deli were closed and I'd heard enough and just turned around and asked her if she thought that young girl made that decision? They had every lane open for the first time since their grand opening and had all of their staff out on the floor helping people.

Strange times we're living in, Pops posters, and about to get even stranger. If this is a test, we are failing.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. Thank you for setting that woman straight at HEB, Coach. I had to go to the Court House for a copy of something last week and some young punk started blasting one of the workers as he walked out the door. I agree the website is severely lacking in anything remotely helpful except for the address of the Court House. I tried and hunted for what I needed only to be led to another page. When I clicked the other page, it took me right back to the previous page. Any who, I behaved myself very well even when I got lost and ended up in an office area looking for their exit. This young punk was just unloaded as he walked out. Police were around in case things got elevated. I noticed none of the workers seemed phased by this. I'd want tranquilizer darts at my station and would enhance them with some hot pepper sauce for aggravation. Gimme one of those red darts! He's a got it comin'! I'd probably be like Barney and they'd only let me have one dart a day.

I started making cookies today and the recipe said to put cookies on non greased cookie sheet. Every last one of them stuck. I thought I'd break my spatula getting them off after I reheated them.

I thought I'd be able to say something of worth to the Pops thread, but my mind is drawing a blank. I started this earlier and I'll be darned if the next batch of cookies didn't stick just as hard after cleaing and oiling the cookie sheet. Have a good Wednesday all and be safe.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. Thank you for setting that woman straight at HEB, Coach. I had to go to the Court House for a copy of something last week and some young punk started blasting one of the workers as he walked out the door. I agree the website is severely lacking in anything remotely helpful except for the address of the Court House. I tried and hunted for what I needed only to be led to another page. When I clicked the other page, it took me right back to the previous page. Any who, I behaved myself very well even when I got lost and ended up in an office area looking for their exit. This young punk was just unloaded as he walked out. Police were around in case things got elevated. I noticed none of the workers seemed phased by this. I'd want tranquilizer darts at my station and would enhance them with some hot pepper sauce for aggravation. Gimme one of those red darts! He's a got it comin'! I'd probably be like Barney and they'd only let me have one dart a day.

I started making cookies today and the recipe said to put cookies on non greased cookie sheet. Every last one of them stuck. I thought I'd break my spatula getting them off after I reheated them.

I thought I'd be able to say something of worth to the Pops thread, but my mind is drawing a blank. I started this earlier and I'll be darned if the next batch of cookies didn't stick just as hard after cleaing and oiling the cookie sheet. Have a good Wednesday all and be safe.

Parchment paper...unless there's been a run on that too

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and friends. I apologize for not addressing this yesterday because it did make an indention in the gray matter. Get to feeling better, Colo! We need you, Montana is calling and I feel the need to give you a new nickname of Montanalo.

Montanalo... I like that and if you can say it with a sophisticated Spanish accent, like Richardo Montalban, then it is even better!