Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3wft6r.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and all Y'all. I see the foul weather I mentioned yesterday hit some of you. I'm glad you are okay. Fortunately, the severe storm didn't reach this far north, so we had a nice blue sky day after early morning rain. Have a great day folks.

Last edited:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good Monday morning Pops and I hope all y'all had a fine Easter. I also hope what cane through here that morning didn't hit Xelda in LA. It was relatively small when it hit here but gained size and strength and really hit MS hard. Events like this really compound the stay home order.

Make this a tolerable Monday.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Happy Easter Pops and all you good eggs. I was doing some Olympic quality sleeping when Bailey made a strong push to interrupt my relaxed, spread eagle slumber routine (worth .75 points due to the difficulty level of being that relaxed). She was there to inform me that she'd heard a thunder which was soon followed by more thunders. I was determined to finish my routing and many thunders would not strip me of a gold medal. While in the right sided fetal position of my routine, my phone started making all manner of rude sounds. My routine ended just shy of a perfect 10 because of stupid tornadoes. I turned the TV on and the Weather Channel was saying "Hello. We spy with our little eye a tornado heading your way. Prepare to die at 9:59." Still caught up in my slumber routine, I thought "ok, that gives me 14 minutes to wake up". I looked outside and my wind spinner was shaking and going full throttle. Hmm, that can't be good. It was loud, proud and dark here for a little while, but I didn't die at 9:59.

The sun's out now and I got hungry, so I thought I'd start on lunch. I came to the computer because nothing cooks while I'm watching it. I was here for ... maybe 1 minute and forgot about the stove. Things do cook faster when you're not watching. So for lunch, I'll be having charcoal.

Please be safe and have a good Easter everyone!

Down around the South, they just call that "Blackened" Xelda.

:thumbup:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who are here on Monday to check out the thread.

I am happy to see that all of you came through the weather OK. Having been through one or three of those things, it's a heart felt thanks I give for that.

Xelda, how long you been training for your sport there girl? I got a Wife and a couple of girls over here that might be able to give you a run for your money, IDK?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are all doing well this Monday. It's another day closer to normal and that's a really good thing.

Everybody, one more week down and another week closer to getting back to our lives. Stay strong, be strong, you guys are the Rampart behind the Front Line folks. You guys keep the trains moving, you are the backbone, the foundation. Be strong, stay strong.

Everybody, have a great day!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. I'm still here, Coach! I was tuning into the weather so as to not be caught off guard. Saturday on the Weather Channel, they said the storm would come through in two waves. I seriously thought it was over with by the time I'd posted yesterday, but no. There was an encore performance yesterday evening that gave the morning a run for it's money. We went from blue skies to I know where you live. The power was flickering off and on. I was caught off guard that time. It was just as strong as the morning with possibly more wind than earlier. We all came through it and the temperature went from 80 Saturday to 44 last night. It's cold today but who can complain when we survived another Easter outbreak.

Thank you, ABQ! I forgot about the blackened food trend. I could almost single handedly take full responsibility for the trend because I've been burning stuff since I was a teenager. Yes, I've burned water. We had a repair man over when I did that and he was laughing as the lining popped out of the pot I'd put on with water. Cooking just doesn't hold my attention.

Here's hoping everyone is safe and sound today.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. I'm still here, Coach! I was tuning into the weather so as to not be caught off guard. Saturday on the Weather Channel, they said the storm would come through in two waves. I seriously thought it was over with by the time I'd posted yesterday, but no. There was an encore performance yesterday evening that gave the morning a run for it's money. We went from blue skies to I know where you live. The power was flickering off and on. I was caught off guard that time. It was just as strong as the morning with possibly more wind than earlier. We all came through it and the temperature went from 80 Saturday to 44 last night. It's cold today but who can complain when we survived another Easter outbreak.

Thank you, ABQ! I forgot about the blackened food trend. I could almost single handedly take full responsibility for the trend because I've been burning stuff since I was a teenager. Yes, I've burned water. We had a repair man over when I did that and he was laughing as the lining popped out of the pot I'd put on with water. Cooking just doesn't hold my attention.

Here's hoping everyone is safe and sound today.

I always knew you was a trend setter Girl!

Xelda The Trend Setting Machine!

This is actually Xelda at a very young age. Even then, the trend setter with the short, short hair cut when other girls were sporting the Shirley Temple look. She was Cute right?

il_794xN.1754064479_pvld.jpg

Xelda the Trendy!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops and fellow storm watchers,

After 36 hours of snow, I am starting to sense what Noah may have felt while trapped in the Ark. For the first time in over a month, I was actually feeling sorry for myself... and, then I read a handful of articles about the tornadoes and wild weather in the south. I don't feel so bad now.

Anyway, back to feeling "trapped" in the house -- to cheer myself up, I strapped on a pair of snowshoes and headed to the back of our property to inspect our fence. All in all, not a particularly smart thing to do when the temperature is 15 F and the wind is blowing about 30 mph. I think my wife thought I visited the liquor cabinet a wee bit early today.

I am not a mathematician, but with my engineering background, I have a lot of practical experience with statistics, probability analysis and quantitative risk assessment. After reviewing a lot published US, UK and EU data on CoVid-19, I have a sense that Sweden's (and, a few other countries) approach to herd immunity might end up being the right one. A number of reports suggest that 50% or more of the population may have been exposed and a significant number of those are asymptomatic -- meaning, among other things, that significant portions of our economy could and should be brought back on line.

So, what does this have to do with this thread? Not a thing but, after tramping around in snowshoes for an hour or so, I needed to think about something other than being cold.

:muttley:

Xelda

Reaction score
Montanalo, you misspelled tomatoes... oh those. Yesterday was something of a horror movie down here. We've had bad weather plenty of times, but yesterday felt different and more threatening. One went north of me a few miles, another went south of me quite a few more miles and then another threw a party to the east half way across the state. At this point, I'd take the cold. I'm lying, I can't handle that much cold! I don't know how you, your wife and the cats handle it. The cats have to be extra fluffy. The dogs here have to be on tranquilizers for days like yesterday. At one point, I was ready to grab Bailey and take off running. Where to? No clue. This is what I get for having deep Southern roots.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I hope everyone is feeling good this morning. It turned cold and windy here yesterday and today looks the same so far. I've been plodding the pavement every day. I'm only doing a couple of miles but it feels good to get out of the house. Take care everyone.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends!

It's a perfect day to be Tuesday. Yesterday was Monday, and tomorrow is Wednesday, so it's fitting in beautifully.

No tornadoes yesterday in my neck of the woods, but there were some very gusty winds. I got on the highway in Vermont, and when I was shifting into 10th gear, I ran into a headwind so strong, it felt like I'd hit the brakes.

That wind is gone now, and it's a nice, sunny day. I should probably clean up my yard when I get home from work, but I'll probably be too lazy. You never know though. Once I do just a little bit, I tend to keep going until the job is finished....so I'll have to ignore it completely if I want to avoid work.

Hope everyone's weather is blue skies today!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decided to stop in and visit the thread today.

Hoping that everybody is safe and sound after that crazy weather. Was cloudy yesterday, started snowing about 9 AM yesterday and it kinda snowed steady but it didn't really stick so just wet today. It's windy and cold today but it's sunny so I think we are good.

Lots to do today, gonna be a busy week so I'll keep it short.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, have a great, great day!

Everybody, stay safe, stay strong!

Happy Tuesday All.......

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone.

It's April 15th Eve. Know what that means? Tomorrow. 9a.m. Finally closing on my house! This has been a hectic week already. With staff cuts at work I'm biiiiizzzzy! Trying to move and manage the new load will be interesting. As it is Tuesday flew by before I knew it was here, and now it's gone. So tired of packing, and starting tomorrow night I get to begin moving it all and unpacking after taking the first and second loads of my belongings for a ride (Mr. Music, please...) 'over the river and through the hoods to Gramma Jan's house we go'... Okay. I'm done. Sorry about that, but I really couldn't resist:D:muttley:

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends.

Hey Jan, by the time you read this, hopefully you'll be a homeowner, so CONGRATULATIONS!!
No, not just yet. It's 6am-ish right now. Weird day. Closing and pay day today...and the "stimulus" check also hit my account...and I'm getting notifications from this site when people are posting. The stars must be aligning.:)