FEATURED Morning Pops!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Avoid'ers of Personal Contact

Today is a milestone event -- as it marks the first time in almost a month that I have worn something other than sweat pants or snow gear (or housecoat when I am tripping the light fantastic outside with the cats). This probably falls into the category of Too Much Information, but I actually have donned a pair of jeans and shirt for a trip to the store. I rarely, if ever, wear sweat pant and certainly nothing like the ubiquitous old man sweats you often see in grocery stores.

I thought about you @GrammaJan yesterday (and not in the creepy sort of way) as we spent nearly 2.5 hours on video conference calls with perspective builders for the Montana home. I was wondering if you had any plans for remodeling your new home? It seems that the trades industry, at least around here, have been as hard hit as the hotel and restaurant business. Both of the general contractors offered very lucrative incentives if we were willing sign contracts now -- even though we don't plan to start construction until next summer. Not that I want to take advantage of a business when it is down, but you may find some really good deals on remodeling work now.

I posted a few photos of our early morning hike in the snow yesterday. My son-in-law who has rarely ventured away from Florida in his entire life remarked to my daughter, "This explains a lot about your (my daughter's) behavior." I couldn't be happier with my son-in-law -- he is devoted to my daughter and their 2 little girls, has good moral fiber and a strong work ethic.

I hope everyone is doing well and maintaining some sense of balance and sanity... on to the weekend!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3wqllr.gif
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker
https://imgflip.com/gif-maker

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Avoid'ers of Personal Contact

Today is a milestone event -- as it marks the first time in almost a month that I have worn something other than sweat pants or snow gear (or housecoat when I am tripping the light fantastic outside with the cats). This probably falls into the category of Too Much Information, but I actually have donned a pair of jeans and shirt for a trip to the store. I rarely, if ever, wear sweat pant and certainly nothing like the ubiquitous old man sweats you often see in grocery stores.

I thought about you @GrammaJan yesterday (and not in the creepy sort of way) as we spent nearly 2.5 hours on video conference calls with perspective builders for the Montana home. I was wondering if you had any plans for remodeling your new home? It seems that the trades industry, at least around here, have been as hard hit as the hotel and restaurant business. Both of the general contractors offered very lucrative incentives if we were willing sign contracts now -- even though we don't plan to start construction until next summer. Not that I want to take advantage of a business when it is down, but you may find some really good deals on remodeling work now.

I posted a few photos of our early morning hike in the snow yesterday. My son-in-law who has rarely ventured away from Florida in his entire life remarked to my daughter, "This explains a lot about your (my daughter's) behavior." I couldn't be happier with my son-in-law -- he is devoted to my daughter and their 2 little girls, has good moral fiber and a strong work ethic.

I hope everyone is doing well and maintaining some sense of balance and sanity... on to the weekend!
No plans for remodel. She pretty much had it all done in the past 5 years.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and our newest homeowner, Jan. Happy for you and we need something to be happy about.

I have been avoiding going online to check on my financial situation but made the mistake of opening and reading the hard copies that came yesterday on my portfolio. This definitely puts my faith in the financial people, who are smarter than I am, to the test. I am bleeding but not terminal yet but the concerning part of this is the unknowns we are dealing with on an ever developing stage.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and our newest homeowner, Jan. Happy for you and we need something to be happy about.

I have been avoiding going online to check on my financial situation but made the mistake of opening and reading the hard copies that came yesterday on my portfolio. This definitely puts my faith in the financial people, who are smarter than I am, to the test. I am bleeding but not terminal yet but the concerning part of this is the unknowns we are dealing with on an ever developing stage.
I checked out my 401k a few weeks ago, and I'd lost about $23k, but I looked again last week and more than half had already recovered, so I'm hoping it keeps trending up.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stopped in to visit this thread.

I hope everybody is well today. Looks like things are looking up on the Covid front. Very encouraged folks!

Jan, good job! I hope you are busy planning a house warming party. I mean, not that you can actually have one right now but hey, at some point, it's going to be a reality right?

Colo, congrats on finding pants Brother. Just putting them on is going to make you feel better, trust.....

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, we are making the turn on this thing. All of you stay safe just a little long!

Everybody, hang in there, it's looking up!

Have a great day y'all!

GrammaJan

Reaction score

Thank you, Coach

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stopped in to visit this thread.

I hope everybody is well today. Looks like things are looking up on the Covid front. Very encouraged folks!

Jan, good job! I hope you are busy planning a house warming party. I mean, not that you can actually have one right now but hey, at some point, it's going to be a reality right?

Colo, congrats on finding pants Brother. Just putting them on is going to make you feel better, trust.....

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, we are making the turn on this thing. All of you stay safe just a little long!

Everybody, hang in there, it's looking up!

Have a great day y'all!
She could have a virtual housewarming party, where she posts a video tour and people send her presents!