FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
West Side Story came out in an era before most people realized that dancing isn't a gang related activity, and when musicals were popular.

The two things it had going for it were Natalie Wood, looking incredibly beautiful, and the fact that watching it was slightly less difficult than actually reading Romeo and Juliet.

In truth, it only needed the one. Natalie Wood.........

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in to visit this thread today.

So getting ready to head out to the Market, gotta go by some Ground Beef if I can find it. All the Kids are coming over today and we are cooking up some Burgers and Bratz. Technically, this breaks the whole less then 10 people rule but I guess the Wife just had enough and she called all the kids last night and said be here on Sat. We are having a BBQ. She stayed up till about 2 PM last night making T-Shirts for the Family. As some of you may know, this is Autism Month and my Grandson, Santiago, is Autisic. So she made everybody a shirts with the Autistic symbols, puzzle pieces, making Logos for all our favorite Sports Teams. So for instance, ABQJr's, ABQ III and my shirt all have Texas Longhorns made out of primary color Puzzle Pieces as the Logo, with Santi's name across the front of the Logo. On the backs, in a straight line down the center, it says, "It's OK to be different." Same for all the rest of the family with their Sports Teams and on the sleeve it says "Team Santi!". We were supposed to have a 5K for this but it got cancelled so instead, we are just going to do this.

Chin up everybody, I think we are close now. I think we will be looking at maybe a few more weeks and then, we can start to see us getting back to our normal lives. Looking forward to being able to do all of those things I used to not give a second thought to.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all enjoying the weekend. If not, change it up, do something about it. Get creative and try something you haven't done in a good while or something new all together. Just have fun!

What's the good news with everybody today? Draft is a week away and we are all starving for sports so how can that be a bad thing right? Everybody, have a great day, enjoy the weekend. Watch a classic Super Bowl, throw a steak or a burger or a dog on the grill, pop a top and enjoy your life. These are the moments that you will look back on and recall with good memories years from now. Your Children will tell their children about the days when you couldn't do anything and it will be good. You will see.

Everybody, have a great day!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in to visit this thread today.

So getting ready to head out to the Market, gotta go by some Ground Beef if I can find it. All the Kids are coming over today and we are cooking up some Burgers and Bratz. Technically, this breaks the whole less then 10 people rule but I guess the Wife just had enough and she called all the kids last night and said be here on Sat. We are having a BBQ. She stayed up till about 2 PM last night making T-Shirts for the Family. As some of you may know, this is Autism Month and my Grandson, Santiago, is Autisic. So she made everybody a shirts with the Autistic symbols, puzzle pieces, making Logos for all our favorite Sports Teams. So for instance, ABQJr's, ABQ III and my shirt all have Texas Longhorns made out of primary color Puzzle Pieces as the Logo, with Santi's name across the front of the Logo. On the backs, in a straight line down the center, it says, "It's OK to be different." Same for all the rest of the family with their Sports Teams and on the sleeve it says "Team Santi!". We were supposed to have a 5K for this but it got cancelled so instead, we are just going to do this.

Chin up everybody, I think we are close now. I think we will be looking at maybe a few more weeks and then, we can start to see us getting back to our normal lives. Looking forward to being able to do all of those things I used to not give a second thought to.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all enjoying the weekend. If not, change it up, do something about it. Get creative and try something you haven't done in a good while or something new all together. Just have fun!

What's the good news with everybody today? Draft is a week away and we are all starving for sports so how can that be a bad thing right? Everybody, have a great day, enjoy the weekend. Watch a classic Super Bowl, throw a steak or a burger or a dog on the grill, pop a top and enjoy your life. These are the moments that you will look back on and recall with good memories years from now. Your Children will tell their children about the days when you couldn't do anything and it will be good. You will see.

Everybody, have a great day!
Have fun grillin' like a villain!

That T-shirt idea is awesome. I imagine Santiago will eat that up!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Sorry about not knowing what day it was yesterday. I grilled some T-bones last night for dinner along with potatoes and asparagus. They were delicious. I hope Jan isn't too sore from moving her stuff to the new house. Hang in there, everybody. Condolences and prayers to cowboy-ron.

Last edited:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

Today is our anniversary. Normally, we would celebrate with a weekend trip or fine dining or some mountain hike. While all of those sound great, we are very happy to grill a couple of steaks, share a bottle of wine and enjoy the views from our balcony. If the coronavirus has taught us nothing else, we have (re) learned the joy of each other's company.

Today also marks 5 weeks since we began self-isolation. Sure, we have been out 3 or 4 times to the grocery store and almost daily for walks and hikes, but we have pretty much stayed away from other humans.

Last night, though, we did a video conference with our neighbors. We shared a glass of wine (virtually) and generally just caught up. It was actually a lot of fun.

I really want to start a rant about idiots at the grocery store but will save it for another time.

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and everyone not celebrating their anniversary and a special good morning to those that just did. The Colo's are congratulated and will be celebrating their next one in Montarado, Colotana, Comolona, whatever the name of that place is where men are men and sheep are scared. "Not tonight, I have a baaaaaaaaad headache".

Congrats, Colo, great to hear you and your bride are digging the stay safe life and cherish her every waking minute because we do not know how many we are given.

I had a bad day yesterday when I saw the news about Ron losing his wife so suddenly and that turned into a worse night. But I could see it coming. Sometimes I can't, a sight, a sound even a smell can send me back in time to when I was happy and didn't know it. But I've learned how to deal with that kind of loneliness. And this stay safe situation (ever the alliterer. What? Not a word, it should be cuz I are one) can bring on a new feeling to being alone and isolated. But instead of fighting it, I fed it.

I learned something valuable trying to get through the last 10 years or so and instead of barring or burying my feelings, I take the sign that they need some wringing out. I am a feelings kinda guy, way ahead of Morris Albert, and I inherited that from my Mom, we filter through feeling. So I take the cue that something has been building up inside that I've kept pushing down and it will only grow if not tended to soon.

So, I hit the patio last night with my music, 3 fingers of scotch (I use Andre the Giant's fingers) and fine hand rolled cigar and looked my feelings square in the eye and told myself 'OK, let's really feed this beast and let the tears flow to keep the anger at bay'. So, I did something I never thought I would do, I played songs from the list I played at her service. "Fields of Gold" by Eva Cassidy, "Rose of Cimarron" by Poco and "Fly Away" by Rusty Weir but that wasn't enough, I added "Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney, one of the best songs ever written, "You Are the Wind" by Bette Midler and "Without You" by Nilsson and topped that off with "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King and John Lennon. I teared up and teared out.

Have you ever really taken in the landscape after a good rain? The air feels cleaner and clearer and we've got rain ending right now and the sun will be out soon and I am going to consider that just for me. I fed my feelings what they wanted, even though I really didn't want that, and that was overdue.

My friends, make this day, do not let it make you.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and everyone not celebrating their anniversary and a special good morning to those that just did. The Colo's are congratulated and will be celebrating their next one in Montarado, Colotana, Comolona, whatever the name of that place is where men are men and sheep are scared. "Not tonight, I have a baaaaaaaaad headache".

Congrats, Colo, great to hear you and your bride are digging the stay safe life and cherish her every waking minute because we do not know how many we are given.

I had a bad day yesterday when I saw the news about Ron losing his wife so suddenly and that turned into a worse night. But I could see it coming. Sometimes I can't, a sight, a sound even a smell can send me back in time to when I was happy and didn't know it. But I've learned how to deal with that kind of loneliness. And this stay safe situation (ever the alliterer. What? Not a word, it should be cuz I are one) can bring on a new feeling to being alone and isolated. But instead of fighting it, I fed it.

I learned something valuable trying to get through the last 10 years or so and instead of barring or burying my feelings, I take the sign that they need some wringing out. I am a feelings kinda guy, way ahead of Morris Albert, and I inherited that from my Mom, we filter through feeling. So I take the cue that something has been building up inside that I've kept pushing down and it will only grow if not tended to soon.

So, I hit the patio last night with my music, 3 fingers of scotch (I use Andre the Giant's fingers) and fine hand rolled cigar and looked my feelings square in the eye and told myself 'OK, let's really feed this beast and let the tears flow to keep the anger at bay'. So, I did something I never thought I would do, I played songs from the list I played at her service. "Fields of Gold" by Eva Cassidy, "Rose of Cimarron" by Poco and "Fly Away" by Rusty Weir but that wasn't enough, I added "Don't Blink" by Kenny Chesney, one of the best songs ever written, "You Are the Wind" by Bette Midler and "Without You" by Nilsson and topped that off with "Stand By Me" by Ben E. King and John Lennon. I teared up and teared out.

Have you ever really taken in the landscape after a good rain? The air feels cleaner and clearer and we've got rain ending right now and the sun will be out soon and I am going to consider that just for me. I fed my feelings what they wanted, even though I really didn't want that, and that was overdue.

Thanks, Coach.

For some reason, whenever you mention scotch, a cigar and the patio I get this mental image of the Dos Equis guy. Honestly, I am not trying to be funny. Rather, I have this imagine of someone calm, in control and at ease with themselves.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Thanks, Coach.

For some reason, whenever you mention scotch, a cigar and the patio I get this mental image of the Dos Equis guy. Honestly, I am not trying to be funny. Rather, I have this imagine of someone calm, in control and at ease with themselves.
Perfect description except add the beanie and Groucho glasses and since it was the weekend, I took my Harpo's horn outside to wake up the birds. I feel it is incumbent on each of us to announce our own arrival.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

I’m going to listen to each song before the day is out CC. Harry Nilsson had quite a voice. That song is one of my all time faves.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
3x9plr.jpg

Today is our anniversary.
3x9q38.jpg
https://imgflip.com/memegenerator

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Sorry about not knowing what day it was yesterday. I grilled some T-bones last night for dinner along with potatoes and asparagus. They were delicious. I hope Jan isn't too sore from moving her stuff to the new house. Hang in there, everybody. Condolences and prayers to cowboy-ron.
All moved but will still have unpacking to do over this next week, and the apartment to clean so I think I'll clean over my lunch hour. I'll be there anyway. I am, in fact, sore. Worse than anything I ever felt when I started back running again, which I haven't. Woke up this morning and just laid in bed dreading moving. It was as bad as I thought it would be. Thank you for hoping otherwise.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

Today is our anniversary. Normally, we would celebrate with a weekend trip or fine dining or some mountain hike. While all of those sound great, we are very happy to grill a couple of steaks, share a bottle of wine and enjoy the views from our balcony. If the coronavirus has taught us nothing else, we have (re) learned the joy of each other's company.

Today also marks 5 weeks since we began self-isolation. Sure, we have been out 3 or 4 times to the grocery store and almost daily for walks and hikes, but we have pretty much stayed away from other humans.

Last night, though, we did a video conference with our neighbors. We shared a glass of wine (virtually) and generally just caught up. It was actually a lot of fun.

I really want to start a rant about idiots at the grocery store but will save it for another time.

Hope you all enjoyed the weekend
Happy anniversary!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Happy belated anniversary, Colo and Mrs. Colo! I emulated Xelda yesterday, except I organized my closet instead of my kitchen cabinets. I ended up putting a lot of clothes in the donation boxes in the garage.
I’m going to listen to each song before the day is out CC. Harry Nilsson had quite a voice. That song is one of my all time faves.
I loved Nilsson. He was a fantastic lyricist too.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good Monday morning Pops and I hope y'all had a fine weekend. We are now another weekend toward the new normal and I can't wait to see it because I wasn't that crazy about the old normal. I am actually more intrigued by the new abnormal. Let's see how far we can stretch that.