FEATURED Morning Pops!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning Pops and Saturday sleepinners!

Been watching a bunch of SciManDan's Flat Earth Fridays, on YouTube. If you're ever feeling bad about yourself, check it out. You'll be so happy you're not one of those idiots, it'll make your whole day brighter...Of course, if you're like me, you'll get frustrated while you're watching those morons try to disprove the globe and deny gravity, the moon landing, space, and a multitude of other real life facts, all while disdainfully insulting those of us who live in reality. So it's aggravating, but satisfying nonetheless...like golf.

So @LeonDixson , if the weather keeps you of the links, you can get your fix at home.
I don't do well with stupid. I even turn off movies when it's supposed to be believable but they're doing stupid stuff. Like when the bad guys are going around shooting everybody in the head, but when they catch the hero they want dead, they tie him up and configure some sort of elaborate bomb which invariably goes off right after he escapes.

If I was making movies like "Taken" they would be about 5 minutes long. The victim would pull out a gun and shoot the villain. The end.:laugh:

Xelda

Reaction score
Good evening Pops and Popsadoodles. I'm sorry I've been away, I was off blessing the rains in Africa. Yeah, I don't know what that means either. Yesterday was more like, Dallas you can keep that storm to yourself. I hit a brick wall and could not get over losing Baily just 3 short months after Mommaw. Other things have been going on as well. Life can kick you when you're already down sometimes. I've been too emotionally raw but y'all have been in my thoughts. I can't bring myself to throw away their dog beds, food, treats, coats or Thunder Shirts which is not a complete list.

I realized that I also miss me with them. I'd scoop one up for a bath and carry on all the way to the sink 'Oh, no! I'm too young to have a bath!" It was a much longer conversation, but you get the idea. I'd try to turn it into a spa treatment to let them know they were safe. Rescued dogs have many ways of letting you know they've been abused. Any loud noise caused them to run. I'd reach my hand out to pat one on the head and she'd lower it expecting to be hit. I wrapped myself around them not knowing how long we'd have and tried to give them what they'd been denied. See what y'all have been missing? I'm a mess.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good evening Pops and Popsadoodles. I'm sorry I've been away, I was off blessing the rains in Africa. Yeah, I don't know what that means either. Yesterday was more like, Dallas you can keep that storm to yourself. I hit a brick wall and could not get over losing Baily just 3 short months after Mommaw. Other things have been going on as well. Life can kick you when you're already down sometimes. I've been too emotionally raw but y'all have been in my thoughts. I can't bring myself to throw away their dog beds, food, treats, coats or Thunder Shirts which is not a complete list.

I realized that I also miss me with them. I'd scoop one up for a bath and carry on all the way to the sink 'Oh, no! I'm too young to have a bath!" It was a much longer conversation, but you get the idea. I'd try to turn it into a spa treatment to let them know they were safe. Rescued dogs have many ways of letting you know they've been abused. Any loud noise caused them to run. I'd reach my hand out to pat one on the head and she'd lower it expecting to be hit. I wrapped myself around them not knowing how long we'd have and tried to give them what they'd been denied. See what y'all have been missing? I'm a mess.
Better that you're a mess with us than without us! I still have my dog's collar, with his tags on it, sitting on a shelf in my living room. It's been several years. Sometimes I pick it up and remember what it felt like to put in on him after a bath. It's still somewhat comforting.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

So sorry for your loss X. Hang in there. Your friends share your pain. :(

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I love messes because they overflow with love. I don't want to tell you what I would do to anyone that I knew had abused an animal but your rescue dogs lucked out when they were picked by you, or the other way around.

Just remember the good times and the love you gave them because that's all they remember.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decided to stop in and visit this Monday.

Well, long busy weekend here. Kids came over and we had a BBQ here on Saturday. Sunday was not much of anything, pretty quite but it was a good time to eat leftovers and so that's what I did.

Xelda, sorry your feeling a little bit low these days. Some days are better then others for sure but in the end, I guess you take solace in the idea that you had the time and the good fortune to love them while you could. That's how I try to look at it anyway.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are all off to a good start. Getting ready to go brew up another cup of coffee so I'll just wish everybody a great week!

Happy Monday Morning Everybody!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good Monday morning Pops and Monday Moaners. It is Monday. It is morning. Soon it will be afternoon. Then evening. Then Twofer Tuesday. Then Hump Day. Then Thirsty Thursday. Then, after 4 short days, it will be Friday again and a 3 day weekend and the official kick off of Grilling Season to the poor deprived Yankees who actually think there is such a thing as the Grilling Season.

I do think this will be a more special Grilling Season for them since they've been stay at home people, the first thing that will feel right, feel normal.

Know this, this is the last Monday of May, 2020, that you will have to work. Make it count, leave your mark, scorch the earth around this Monday and make it know you owned it.

And Xelda, I know you're hurting but people with love have to share it, time to give that to another furry friend, one just waiting for you to bring it home and share the love.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. Saturday I saw 2 little baby birds in the yard. I figured they fell out of a nearby small tree from the recent storm we went through. I thought about leaving them alone but then pictured them being a cat’s next meal. The mama bird would make a racket when I got close to them. I pulled some Spanish moss from a nearby tree and made a nest. I put the birdies in the nest and put them up there. Mama bird went right to them after I backed off. I checked about 30 minutes later and they were on the ground again. My nest building skills need some work.

So I got a plastic container, drilled some holes in the bottom, placed a couple shop towels on the bottom then Spanish moss to make it look somewhat like a nest. I put them in that nest, mama didn’t make a racket this time when I picked them up. I found a better spot that looked more secure. Yesterday I checked on them off and on. They were still in there and most importantly Mama was feeding them. If this nest doesn’t hold up, I’ll screw it to tree next time. I know they’ll jump out of the nest someday soon but at least they’ll have a fighting chance with a few more feathers. Hopefully they don’t come back when they’re full grown and decorate my pickup truck. It’s Monday, make it a great day ;)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good afternoon Pops and friends. Saturday I saw 2 little baby birds in the yard. I figured they fell out of a nearby small tree from the recent storm we went through. I thought about leaving them alone but then pictured them being a cat’s next meal. The mama bird would make a racket when I got close to them. I pulled some Spanish moss from a nearby tree and made a nest. I put the birdies in the nest and put them up there. Mama bird went right to them after I backed off. I checked about 30 minutes later and they were on the ground again. My nest building skills need some work.

So I got a plastic container, drilled some holes in the bottom, placed a couple shop towels on the bottom then Spanish moss to make it look somewhat like a nest. I put them in that nest, mama didn’t make a racket this time when I picked them up. I found a better spot that looked more secure. Yesterday I checked on them off and on. They were still in there and most importantly Mama was feeding them. If this nest doesn’t hold up, I’ll screw it to tree next time. I know they’ll jump out of the nest someday soon but at least they’ll have a fighting chance with a few more feathers. Hopefully they don’t come back when they’re full grown and decorate my pickup truck. It’s Monday, make it a great day ;)
I know RGV stands for Rio Grande Valley but after that deed, it stands for Really Great View which is what you gave those little birds instead of Really Gone Vittles.