FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Growing up my dad used to go on and on about his Chevy... and I believe it was a Bel Air. He was happiest I think reminiscing about his "girl". His connection to that car...you could see that love in his eyes.
CC's first love is obviously his wife, but I think his Bel Air may come in 2nd..........Okay, alcohol would be 2nd..........then maybe food...........okay, then probably cigars..............so maybe the car is 5th?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CC's first love is obviously his wife, but I think his Bel Air may come in 2nd..........Okay, alcohol would be 2nd..........then maybe food...........okay, then probably cigars..............so maybe the car is 5th?
See there? Once you consider the man and his acquired tastes, the list changes. At one time the '57 Chevy would have been 1st. Now, the pups are in 1st.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in to visit this thread.

Another Monday but this one is a little different. I want to wish all of the Veterans out there a very special Memorial Day. This day is not for those who came back but for those who didn't and we all know who those folks are. To all who are left behind, I say to you, remember them. Fathers, Mothers, Brothers, Sisters, Uncles, Aunts, Grandparents, Great Grandparents, maybe just Buddies along the way. We all know somebody and we all owe them something. To all of those, I remember and today I am grateful.

Well, been very busy these last few days. So my Oldest Boy (ABQJr) and my Daughter In-law had their Gender Reveal on Saturday and surprise, surprise, we have another Boy on the way. So should be here in Oct or so. But wait, that's not all...... On Friday, my youngest Daughter, who has been with the same guy for about a year and a half now, told us that she is also pregnant and she believes that the baby will be here in Jan or Feb. So that was a little bit of a surprise for us, gonna have to start working on another wedding, another Baby. Maybe this one will be a girl!

Anway, enough from me, I hope all is well with everybody and everyone is enjoying the long weekend!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are all doing well today!

Everybody, have a great Memorial Day! Be strong, be well!

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. Hoping everyone is having a good day. A big salute to those that paid the ultimate price. So much pain and heartache for the families.

Last night I watched part of the Memorial Day Concert on PBS. What a beautiful tribute. During a Trace Adkins song they were showing slides. First slide is a pic of a mom and her son about 5 years old. Both with big smiles. Next pic, the proud mom with son after high school graduation both big smiles. He’s wearing a cap n gown. Next slide a pic of the young man in a military uniform giving a thumbs up and big smile. Next pic, the mom sitting at his gravesite. Almost lost it.

Have a great week friends.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good news and bad news about the baby birdies last week.Bad news is I checked the nest few days ago and it was empty. I think they were still too small to fly.
The good news is I didn’t see any dead birdies anywhere so I think they are ok. They will live to come back and decorate my pickup truck. Maybe it’s their way of saying thank you.

Actually I think the mama already said a big thank you right down the driver’s side window. Which reminds me, I need to go clean it up now. :cool:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good news and bad news about the baby birdies last week.Bad news is I checked the nest few days ago and it was empty. I think they were still too small to fly.
The good news is I didn’t see any dead birdies anywhere so I think they are ok. They will live to come back and decorate my pickup truck. Maybe it’s their way of saying thank you.

Actually I think the mama already said a big thank you right down the driver’s side window. Which reminds me, I need to go clean it up now. :cool:
I was cleaning my gutters on Friday and saw that there's a nest with a few babies in a bush right outside my bedroom window.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Congrats on the soon-to-be new grandkids, ABQ! And congrats to you, Runny on the new chirping additions.

We replaced all of our smoke detectors yesterday. The old ones were very hard to change the batteries in and I got tired of the frustration. My MIL is in the hospital after a successful knee replacement operation. She is not allowed visitors due to the pandemic restrictions. We hope to get her home in a couple of days.
Have a great day, folks.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Friends,

Congratulations @ABQCOWBOY on the new grand child. That's one fortunate grand baby to have you as a grandfather.

Over the Memorial Day weekend, we drove from central Colorado to northwest Montana. It was a very long, but exceedingly beautiful drive. I was mildly surprised at how green the mountains in Wyoming and Montana are - a stark contrast to what we are used to to in our area.

We have meetings all week with perspective builders and, as an added bonus, we meet our new neighbors at a BBQ tonight. My wife has already warned me to be on my best behavior. In particular, I am NOT to tell the new neighbors how we met on a Russian dating site (we didn't, of course, but it makes for an amusing icebreaker).

I hope you all had a good Memorial Day and, for all you that lost family and friends in service to our great country, bless you.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Congrats on the soon-to-be new grandkids, ABQ! And congrats to you, Runny on the new chirping additions.

We replaced all of our smoke detectors yesterday. The old ones were very hard to change the batteries in and I got tired of the frustration. My MIL is in the hospital after a successful knee replacement operation. She is not allowed visitors due to the pandemic restrictions. We hope to get her home in a couple of days.
Have a great day, folks.
Tell your MIL ( thanks, it took me a while to figure that out) that the key to a complete recovery is the rehab. My Aunt and Mom had knee replacements the same day in San Antonio. My Mom followed the rehab right down the line and my Aunt did not. My Aunt still walked with a limp when she passed.

When I got Hector, I became a fool for rehab and felt like that was my job. It gave me something to focus on and a goal, less pain and more mobility, and I felt I was accomplishing something. Easy to get down when one is recovering and little victories are helpful. Age is also a factor, right after I got home, I felt older than I'd ever felt in my life and mobility was like the fountain of youth.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and Popsadoodles. I hope all had a blessed Memorial Day.

Congrats to ABQ, Jan and anyone else with grand kids on the way. I hope your MIL gets better after her surgery. Make sure she heeds Dr Coachadoodles advice. Also, thanks for the reminder about the smoke detector. Mine is only 4 years old and screaming like a banshee. They make those things for the deaf and soon to be deaf. I don't know what happened to it. I wish I had my first one back, it never went off. I also unplugged and took the battery out of the Carbon Minoxisomething detector. The last thing I want is the power to go off in the middle of the night and get ear splitting tones because the electricity is off. That's sleeping weather, you modern day annoyances! I told my phone to stop waking me up to say it's raining already. You all have been put on notice!

I realized my bathroom repair playlist has failed miserably. Not once did the urge to strip wallpaper come up. No inspiration for any color to go on the walls. Over my glorious four day weekend, I spent 30 minutes peeling wallpaper. I was running my steamer which cancelled out my sing a long play list. It was fun chasing through my library for songs that I break forth into song over though. The oddest songs will get me going. Sometimes I'll sing off key just to make a bad song worse. It's fun!

Have a good Monday to the second power. I'm going to Sam's after work and let my little heart run wild. Only so much damage can be done at Sam's. I can't afford to do that at Lowe's. It's also funny watching us regular folks contend with face masks. Saturday one woman was trying to ask me something and ended up just cussing her face mask.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Tell your MIL ( thanks, it took me a while to figure that out) that the key to a complete recovery is the rehab. My Aunt and Mom had knee replacements the same day in San Antonio. My Mom followed the rehab right down the line and my Aunt did not. My Aunt still walked with a limp when she passed.

When I got Hector, I became a fool for rehab and felt like that was my job. It gave me something to focus on and a goal, less pain and more mobility, and I felt I was accomplishing something. Easy to get down when one is recovering and little victories are helpful. Age is also a factor, right after I got home, I felt older than I'd ever felt in my life and mobility was like the fountain of youth.
Thanks for the good advice. She had the other knee replaced a couple of years ago and followed her rehab to the letter and it turned out fine. We'll make sure she does the same this time.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Xelda, I know exactly what you mean about having fun intentionally singing off key. I can't sing a lick anyway so why not do it up right? Get your morning started off right, Y'all, and smile a lot. It makes everyone, including yourself, happier. Although, I found that smiling behind your mask has no effect on other people unless you squint your eyes. It made me happy though.