FEATURED Morning Pops!

dallasdave

Reaction score
3xs5i9.jpg
Love that picture :p

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. Those are some good ones, DD and love me some Def Leppard. I could have filled a page with links. Dabz finds the good stuff and shared... at least I think she shares. Check her purse!

Xelda

Reaction score
I haven't said anything about my scan yet because I'm ashamed of how poorly I behaved while answering the same tsunami of questions twice in one week*. I gave a man that looks like BrAinPaiNt fits Thursday. You should have seen that face mask trying to cover all that hair. It couldn't do it, but put up a valiant fight. Nobody had a good day there Thursday. There was also the impending library stamp hanging over my head. Am I free to terrorize the center or that other thing. I am officially cancer free and should have been happy, but wanted to slap the crap out of the doctor for stressing me. I don't know if that makes sense, but I've been mad at the world and mad at myself for being mad at the world. It's a vicious cycle.

Warning: I've been released back into the wild.

* No one understands what anyone is saying with masks on. One lady was verifying all my phone numbers and came up with one I was unfamiliar with. I guess it was momma's cell because they are calling her for everything now.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I haven't said anything about my scan yet because I'm ashamed of how poorly I behaved while answering the same tsunami of questions twice in one week*. I gave a man that looks like BrAinPaiNt fits Thursday. You should have seen that face mask trying to cover all that hair. It couldn't do it, but put up a valiant fight. Nobody had a good day there Thursday. There was also the impending library stamp hanging over my head. Am I free to terrorize the center or that other thing. I am officially cancer free and should have been happy, but wanted to slap the crap out of the doctor for stressing me. I don't know if that makes sense, but I've been mad at the world and mad at myself for being mad at the world. It's a vicious cycle.

* No one understands what anyone is saying with masks on. One lady was verifying all my phone numbers and came up with one I was unfamiliar with. I guess it was momma's cell because they are calling her for everything now.
I cry for happy for you. I'll be happy enough for two.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Xelda Baby, cancer free!!!! I'm so glad to know that!!!!......but Def Leppard is crap.

Xelda

Reaction score
I cry for happy for you. I'll be happy enough for two.
Thank you, Coachadoodles. I appreciate it. I've never, ever, recently been this danged moody.
Xelda Baby, cancer free!!!! I'm so glad to know that!!!!......but Def Leppard is crap.
Awe, thank you Runny Bunny...WHAT? I heart 80s Def Leppard!

GrammaJan

Reaction score

The one response I'm making is to you. Congratulations, my friend. Truly awesome news and I can't say enough how happy I am for you. I know the feeling and I hope you had someone there to share the victory with.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

I’m so happy to hear the good news X.

:bow:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

@Xelda, congratulations!! I know the feeling - few things can top that moment when you hear, "cancer free".

For the first time in nearly four months, I was back at the dive shop teaching scuba classes. I really missed it - diving is my emotional support animal. Ha.

Just as I was about to leave the dive shop, my wife called to warn me about the wild weather - very high winds, driving rain and hail.

There have been two times in recent memory that I was absolutely terrified while driving. The first was about 4 year's ago we drove through a blizzard returning home from the airport. I had to pull off the road multiple time to just to collect my wits. The second time was yesterday. I have a full-size double cab pick-up and I literally couldn't keep in centered in the traffic lanes. Like before, I pulled off the road for a while.

Surprisingly, there were numerous people in small compacts and economy vehicles barreling down the interstate. Karma caught up with several of them. I just don't get it

Have a beautiful Sunday and, for those in the path of the tropical storms, stay dry!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry, just not a fan. I find them monotonous and simplistic....YOU, on the other hand, are anything but monotonous.
:grin:
I notice you left out simplistic.

I like Def Leppard for three reasons. They were my wife's favorite Rock band, I dig simplistic in my Rock like them, Bad Company, BTO and when their drummer, Rick Allen, had his arm amputated, they waited for him to recover and learn to play with one arm, adding somewhat to the simplicity, instead of replacing him like so many bands would have done. They could have done no wrong after that for me.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good Sunday Pops and you weekenders milking all of the life out of this last day of the weekend.

Well, we're getting back to normal life here pretty fast with the hotel open, the trams and vans running and the putting course across the boulevard swarming last night and I like it. I like it when there's people around and laughing and having a good time and didn't realize how much I missed that until it went quiet. I like it when it goes quiet in January because that's different but when that continued on into late May, it was a constant reminder that life had drastically been altered.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score

That's the best news I've heard in a long time. God bless you.