FEATURED Morning Pops!

dallasdave

Reaction score
I am worried about me too! Seriously I’ve been beset by the Covids. We don’t like each other. I’ve been trying to get here to let y’all know.

All of you are in my thoughts and your concern along with prayers are encouraging me. I’m not sure when I can regularly bore y’all yet but I’ve got stories.
Glad you are back.... Like all good Cowboys you are back in the saddle again.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I am worried about me too! Seriously I’ve been beset by the Covids. We don’t like each other. I’ve been trying to get here to let y’all know.

All of you are in my thoughts and your concern along with prayers are encouraging me. I’m not sure when I can regularly bore y’all yet but I’ve got stories.
Hang in there, good times are still coming

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

I couldn’t find a hug emoji but so good to see you back X. You get well and eat your oatmeal.
Got dust in my eye also Leon. :starspin:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends, from lovely Uptown Manhattan, possibly Harlem. (Not sure where the line is.) Let's call it the Upper East Side.

Got about 2 or 3 inches of snow at my house, but fortunately, it's warm enough here in the city to be just rain. Ya throw snow into the mix down here and it becomes the biggest cluster**** you've ever seen.

Hope everyone has a great Hump day!

Xelda, get back to bed!... Troublemaker.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Never been to NYC... never plan to. I don’t like big cities at all. Where I live is too busy and crowded for me, and truth be told I really miss my country home and the wide open spaces, I just can’t manage the land by myself with the hours I work. It was only 3 acres but if I’m never home to take care of it, it doesn’t make sense to live out there. The same reason I don’t have a dog. Would love to, but the dog deserves better than sitting around the house alone all day.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Never been to NYC... never plan to. I don’t like big cities at all. Where I live is too busy and crowded for me, and truth be told I really miss my country home and the wide open spaces, I just can’t manage the land by myself with the hours I work. It was only 3 acres but if I’m never home to take care of it, it doesn’t make sense to live out there. The same reason I don’t have a dog. Would love to, but the dog deserves better than sitting around the house alone all day.
I hate all cities, but this one is the worst I've ever been to. I'm also with you on the dog ownership. After my divorce, there were times my dog was stuck in the house for 14 hours at a time while I was working. He was an extremely good dog, and I felt so bad leaving him alone all that time.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends, from lovely Uptown Manhattan, possibly Harlem. (Not sure where the line is.) Let's call it the Upper East Side.

Got about 2 or 3 inches of snow at my house, but fortunately, it's warm enough here in the city to be just rain. Ya throw snow into the mix down here and it becomes the biggest cluster**** you've ever seen.

Hope everyone has a great Hump day!

Xelda, get back to bed!... Troublemaker.
Other than the airport, I've never spent any time in New York. Names like Brooklyn, Harlem, Manhattan, etc are referenced so many times in TV, movies and news programs that they are almost like mythical destinations.

We keep saying that one day we will spend a week or so exploring NYC and you'll be the first person I contact for info.

So, will you stay in the area once you retire?

Last edited:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I understand the "dislike" of big cities and, let's face it, we've moved about as far away as possible, but... I do enjoy the occasional touristy visit, the restaurants, theater, the history, the museum's, the "vibe"... You know, the fun things. Never want to live in a big city again, though. I 've had my fill of Lagos, London, Moscow, etc.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I hate all cities, but this one is the worst I've ever been to. I'm also with you on the dog ownership. After my divorce, there were times my dog was stuck in the house for 14 hours at a time while I was working. He was an extremely good dog, and I felt so bad leaving him alone all that time.

How can that be, I know you been to Jersey before. What gives?

;)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Other than the airport, I've never spent any time in New York. Names like Brooklyn, Harlem, Manhattan, etc are referenced so many times in TV, movies and news programs that they are almost like mythical destinations.

We keep saying that one day we will spend a week or so exploring NYC and you'll be the first person I contact for info.

So, will you stay in the area once you retire?

What's this word you use, "retire"...........?

Sounds foreign.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Grew up in Jersey...in the mountains, on a lake.

It's funny because I've heard so many people say that New York State is great, one of the best places anywhere but NYC, it's the worst. Same with New Jersey but the cities, horrible. I believe that too because I knew this woman from New York State when I was a younger. Great Lady, straight up, down to earth and just a real meat and potatoes kinda person. She worked for the post office and she was not hard to look at but really a nice lady. Nothing like a NYC person and she would often tell me that I needed to head to NY State and spend a little time there and see what it's really like. She always said that it's nothing like NYC, which I hate, and that she thought I would really like it. Some years later, I was able to to spend some time in NY State and it was kinda cool, Adirondacks area.