FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops, Jobs. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decided to stop in and visit the thread today.

So, it's Wednesday and I'm sitting here contemplating if I should make more coffee or not. I usually try to stick to 2 cups but I've already finished three and feel like I could use another. I should just go get a glass of water I suppose. So, what is everybody into today?

I see Xelda is here, illustrating her exploits for us. Good news for all of us I say!

So I think I'm gonna order some Pizza for delivery and just head over to my Son's house so that I can have some lunch with the Boys. That will be a good lunch hour. That's what I'm gonna do!

Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you all are doing well. Be well my friends!

Everybody, lets get over the hump and start down the path, towards the weekend! Finish it up and get home safe and sound people! Tomorrows Thursday and then on to Friday!

God Bless everybody!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's funny because I've heard so many people say that New York State is great, one of the best places anywhere but NYC, it's the worst. Same with New Jersey but the cities, horrible. I believe that too because I knew this woman from New York State when I was a younger. Great Lady, straight up, down to earth and just a real meat and potatoes kinda person. She worked for the post office and she was not hard to look at but really a nice lady. Nothing like a NYC person and she would often tell me that I needed to head to NY State and spend a little time there and see what it's really like. She always said that it's nothing like NYC, which I hate, and that she thought I would really like it. Some years later, I was able to to spend some time in NY State and it was kinda cool, Adirondacks area.
Beautiful area!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Other than the airport, I've never spent any time in New York. Names like Brooklyn, Harlem, Manhattan, etc are referenced so many times in TV, movies and news programs that they are almost like mythical destinations.

We keep saying that one day we will spend a week or so exploring NYC and you'll be the first person I contact for info.

So, will you stay in the area once you retire?
You're pretty much asking if this is where I'll be buried. Depends on who's in charge of my body. If the medical scientists want it, who knows where I'll end up?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I understand the "dislike" of big cities and, let's face it, we've moved about as far away as possible, but... I do enjoy the occasional touristy visit, the restaurants, theater, the history, the museum's, the "vibe"... You know, the fun things. Never want to live in a big city again, though. I 've had my fill of Lagos, London, Moscow, etc.
I had planned on never stepping foot in that city, but that was before my responsibilities cornered me, and forced me to go there for work.
Where I grew up, I could hike a few miles into the woods, and camp out on what we called "New York Rock", which was a large rock (go figure) on top of the mountain behind my house, in a state forest. We could see the NYC skyline, and that was close enough for me.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good middle of the night Pops and Popsadoodles. Here I was in a deep sleep when dork de hour had to run in and check the battery in my heart monitor. SURE check the monitor. I’ll be napping like a fat cat tomorrow. They normally wake me for meals any way!

They check blood pressure a lot in the middle of the night and draw blood at 4am unless I’m laying here in wait. Then it’s 5am. Mercifully I’m in a mood. Last night they gave me fluids so sleep has been sporadic.

Any one want to trade places? Not you Runny, I can’t drive monster trucks on a highway by myself much less in NYC. I would be on the evening news.

I flexed my powers yesterday and sent the assistant to the kitchen for orange sherbet. She was a good one and I’ll miss her. The search hasn’t been called off yet so fingers crossed. orange sherbet is so much better than I’d remembered. I should have it often.

I think nay am thoroughly convinced my blood work is going to be almost normal. Caviar dreams and Chocolate bars in each hand ahead. 4 1/2 more hours until breakfast. So glad I’m not hungry.

With my medications and starches in my food, my blood sugar is acting like a Tampa Bay fan. Daily shots in the back of the arm must be how packers fans feel. It’s not that easy getting to the super bowl without refs help, is it AR? HAHAHA!!! My arms still hurt though.

life isn’t all fun these days. They plan to move me to a different facility to wean me off oxygen. Then the brakes can come off.

a word of wisdom to close. Ask for a roll of toilet paper for your nose. The tissues can remove paint.

Xelda

Reaction score
Scrabbled eggs and bacon!
Scrabbled eggs and bacon!
Scrambled eggs and bacon!

Hmm seems to work in the movies.

3 hours and 42 more minutes until breakfast. All fillers have been removed from my diet. No bread, rice, potatoes and such. They’re out to starve me. :oops:

Xelda

Reaction score

Hmm seems to work in the movies.

3 hours and 42 more minutes until breakfast. All fillers have been removed from my diet. No bread, rice, potatoes and such. They’re out to starve me. :oops:
I had to fix that. I’m not on my a game this late at night. I did mooch some corn flakes to stave off starvation. I’m either super cleaver and resourceful or was going feral on an empty stomach.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had to fix that. I’m not on my a game this late at night. I did mooch some corn flakes to stave off starvation. I’m either super cleaver and resourceful or was going feral on an empty stomach.
The fact that you're hungry is a good thing, I think. Except for those that venture into your lair without sustenance.

Might just be me but I think you're becoming your avatar confined where you are and moving you might be a good idea.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Good middle of the night Pops and Popsadoodles. Here I was in a deep sleep when dork de hour had to run in and check the battery in my heart monitor. SURE check the monitor. I’ll be napping like a fat cat tomorrow. They normally wake me for meals any way!

They check blood pressure a lot in the middle of the night and draw blood at 4am unless I’m laying here in wait. Then it’s 5am. Mercifully I’m in a mood. Last night they gave me fluids so sleep has been sporadic.

Any one want to trade places? Not you Runny, I can’t drive monster trucks on a highway by myself much less in NYC. I would be on the evening news.

I flexed my powers yesterday and sent the assistant to the kitchen for orange sherbet. She was a good one and I’ll miss her. The search hasn’t been called off yet so fingers crossed. orange sherbet is so much better than I’d remembered. I should have it often.

I think nay am thoroughly convinced my blood work is going to be almost normal. Caviar dreams and Chocolate bars in each hand ahead. 4 1/2 more hours until breakfast. So glad I’m not hungry.

With my medications and starches in my food, my blood sugar is acting like a Tampa Bay fan. Daily shots in the back of the arm must be how packers fans feel. It’s not that easy getting to the super bowl without refs help, is it AR? HAHAHA!!! My arms still hurt though.

life isn’t all fun these days. They plan to move me to a different facility to wean me off oxygen. Then the brakes can come off.

a word of wisdom to close. Ask for a roll of toilet paper for your nose. The tissues can remove paint.
I was awake at that hour. I should’ve checked my phone and chatted:D

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Good morning Pops and friends. Good to see X doing a little better. ;)

X Your oxygen must be doing better, I didn’t see a pause between your words to draw a breath. :)

I’ll trade you a whole 24 hours but have to warn you, I’m a wimp when it comes to any pain or discomfort. :oops:

Be well my friends.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

This post is very reassuring. It let's us know beyond a doubt that it's really you posting, and not some boring nurse trying to fool us.

Xelda

Reaction score
This post is very reassuring. It let's us know beyond a doubt that it's really you posting, and not some boring nurse trying to fool us.
It’s really me! I’m not calling AR a bass turd until my butt is free of the shadows of this place. You know I’m thinking it though.

if I hadn’t gone feral last night on a box of corn flakes all hail would have broken loose. I got breakfast and was told to wait for blood work before eating. Now I know exactly how dogs feel looking at food. I didn’t drool where the nurse could see it. GOOD GIRL.