FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends.

7° here this morning, with a high of 16° expected. At least it'll be about 10° warmer in Manhattan while I stand outside and hand off a full load of lumber. ....

..........yippee.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends.

7° here this morning, with a high of 16° expected. At least it'll be about 10° warmer in Manhattan while I stand outside and hand off a full load of lumber. ....

..........yippee.

Hope everyone has a great Friday!
We are forecasted for another 6-10” tomorrow. We’ll see if those highly paid estimators got it right or if we get a dusting. High today is 19. Been like that most of the week. Daughter woke up to snow in Virginia yesterday. Grands got to go outside and throw snow at each other. Son-in-law sent me video of them playing. They had so much fun... wish I were there. It amazes me that people out there were driving without cleaning off their windows and side mirrors on their cars. Heck... it was amazing to see them actually try to drive in more then inch of snow. She tells me everything out there shuts down when they get more than a dusting because they just don’t have the equipment to handle the roads and nobody knows how to drive in it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can’t imagine handling a rig like a lumber truck in windy weather. My little suv gets pushed around in the wind bad enough. Seems like it would be very stressful to do your job, Runny.
My truck is pretty heavy, especially when it's loaded, so the wind doesn't bother it much. The part that sucks is having to stand on the truck for an hour and unload it. Hopefully they're in a hurry today!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
We are forecasted for another 6-10” tomorrow. We’ll see if those highly paid estimators got it right or if we get a dusting. High today is 19. Been like that most of the week. Daughter woke up to snow in Virginia yesterday. Grands got to go outside and throw snow at each other. Son-in-law sent me video of them playing. They had so much fun... wish I were there. It amazes me that people out there were driving without cleaning off their windows and side mirrors on their cars. Heck... it was amazing to see them actually try to drive in more then inch of snow. She tells me everything out there shuts down when they get more than a dusting because they just don’t have the equipment to handle the roads and nobody knows how to drive in it.
Even a lot of people here in the Northeast don't know how to drive in snow. I don't think I could deal with the kind of ineptitude inherent in Virginia snow driving.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
My truck is pretty heavy, especially when it's loaded, so the wind doesn't bother it much. The part that sucks is having to stand on the truck for an hour and unload it. Hopefully they're in a hurry today!
I would imagine that WOULD suck. Hopefully you have tricks to stay warm-ish, otherwise I guess you’re at the mercy of whomever you’re delivering to to get their hustle on.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Even a lot of people here in the Northeast don't know how to drive in snow. I don't think I could deal with the kind of ineptitude inherent in Virginia snow driving.
She grew up in the Midwest. At least she brought a bit of that knowledge and common sense with her when she moved out there:D. She doesn’t like the cold and snow, but she knows how to handle it at least.