FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My guy has the same feeling as you and your wife about Valentine’s Day. We’d surprise each other through the year randomly as well, and I do miss those days.

I don’t watch the news really so I’m pretty oblivious to what the governors of my residence and working states are doing. Other than going to work (Iowa) and going home (Illinois) I don’t do much, and when I do it’s alone. You know how it is. It gets old. I think I’m losing my mind. Guess I’m in good company, though I think that’s what drives everyone to go into they public. I continue to mind my own, in solitude.
I prefer my own company as I never know what I'll do or say to shock myself but I am not embarrassed. I am a loner but when they told me to stay home, I just had to go out in defiance but when I heard about socially distancing, I thought 'Yes, there is a God!' But then I thought 'only 6 feet? He's toying with me'.

This, too, shall pass but I do not think we're ready for the time this is going to take. Read just this morning that if this vaccination rate continues, the pandemic might end in 7 years. It was also interesting to see how apprehensive Goodell was about the 2021 season, I expected more of a positive upbeat approach from him. And to top that off, there is this growing concern among the scientists in charge of this that this might be the smartest virus mankind has faced yet. It's playing chess with us and it's winning so far.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed... except the part about guacamole. Find a version of that recipe that suits you. I make my own to my taste. If nobody else likes it, more for me:D
Just not a guac guy, not big into avocados. However, I am a queso fool, can't get enough of that.

If I do decide to participate, I will throw my own SB party. I will stash stuff out in the garage, go out to retrieve it one by one and bring it back in, playing different characters as I do. I do this for all my by invitation only parties. My dogs really dig the action but I did overhear them discussing it. The male said "man, this is fun isn't it. Who do you think he'll be next"? My female replied "I dunno, but the drunk lady with questionable morals and a foul mouth always brings dessert".

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Just not a guac guy, not big into avocados. However, I am a queso fool, can't get enough of that.

If I do decide to participate, I will throw my own SB party. I will stash stuff out in the garage, go out to retrieve it one by one and bring it back in, playing different characters as I do. I do this for all my by invitation only parties. My dogs really dig the action but I did overhear them discussing it. The male said "man, this is fun isn't it. Who do you think he'll be next"? My female replied "I dunno, but the drunk lady with questionable morals and a foul mouth always brings dessert".
:laugh: I may have to take a page from your playbook, only I don’t have any pets so it would just be me and my other me’s. Might get boring unless I’m know the other me’s are entertained. At least with pets you can read their reactions and “responses” when you talk to them.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning Jobs. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decided to stop in a visit.

So, been busy around here the last few days but that's a good thing. Work is picking up and my right hand man, so to speak (who is actually a woman) has been on vacation in Hawaii for two weeks. So doing a lot of stuff that I don't usually do but hey, it's good to know I still rememeber it all!

Yesterday, I had the boy so after picking him up from school and eating some lunch, we went on ahead and visited 31 flavors. Only two people at a time can go in and get Ice Cream but that was fine, there were only two of us anyhow. So, a large scope of vanilla and a large scope of chocolate with hot ***** and chocolate syrup. It was in the low 60s here yesterday so we sat outside, in the Sun and ate Ice Cream. Was the best afternoon I can remember is quit awhile.

Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, hope you are all doing well!

Everybody, it's Wednesday so finish up and get on home. Tomorrow is Thursday and then it's on to Friday! Everybody please be careful, stay safe and lets make it to the weekend!

Peace.........

This one is going out to Leon. This is a tune that was first done by Narvel Felts as a Country Song but some things are just meant to be so in 1973, the song was rerecorded by Dobie Gray as an R&B cut and the rest is history. This is one of my all time favorite songs, this is Dobie Gray's Drift Away...

Onr of my favorites.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Happy chilly Sunday morning. Temp is -10 with a real feel of -28. I made from-scratch biscuits and sausage gravy last night for breakfast this morning and took some to the neighbors. Seems like it’s a good morning for a warm, comfort food kind of breakfast. Getting ready to roast a whole chicken as well. Chicken and biscuits for dinner... maybe a glass of wine? I’ve had worse.

Guess I’ll find something to do inside today. Got no interest in watching the stupid kitten, puppy or super bowls. The commercials and halftime shows do nothing for me. Never have. Can’t stand either QB (props tho where deserved). Housework, office work, exercise bike and movies I suppose. Sounds like any other day. Sound like I woke up cranky? Meh. Is what it is.

Stay warm and safe everyone. Xel, hope the recovery is going well for you. Everyone have a good day.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and everyone.

Happy chilly Sunday morning. Temp is -10 with a real feel of -28. I made from-scratch biscuits and sausage gravy last night for breakfast this morning and took some to the neighbors. Seems like it’s a good morning for a warm, comfort food kind of breakfast. Getting ready to roast a whole chicken as well. Chicken and biscuits for dinner... maybe a glass of wine? I’ve had worse.

Guess I’ll find something to do inside today. Got no interest in watching the stupid kitten, puppy or super bowls. The commercials and halftime shows do nothing for me. Never have. Can’t stand either QB (props tho where deserved). Housework, office work, exercise bike and movies I suppose. Sounds like any other day. Sound like I woke up cranky? Meh. Is what it is.

Stay warm and safe everyone. Xel, hope the recovery is going well for you. Everyone have a good day.
Getting some snow today - maybe 5 to 8 inches, but at least it's not supposed to be too cold. Below zero shouldn't be allowed, it's just wrong. How do you get less than nothing? I blame Fahrenheit. That wouldn't happen with Kelvin.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

It is not quite as cold here as @GrammaJan but the snow is blowing sideways and there is a near total white-out... The driveway is about 200 ft long and I can see the first, oh maybe, 5 to 10 ft.

Totally agree this morning cries for comfort food... So I am making poach eggs with a potato/onion hash and chicken sausages and a big steamy cup of Earl Grey.

The past few weeks, we have binged on the TV program, "The Americans". If you are not familiar, it is the story of husband and wife KGB sleeper agents living and working in the states. Interesting plot line that, at times becomes a bit far-fetched, EXCEPT... My wife (who is originally from Russia) occasionally says, "Oh, yeah, I can do see the KGB doing that". And, she is deadly serious.

On a somber note, makes me wonder how close the US and the USSR came to war during the cold war days. According to my wife, situations like Kim Philby (British double agent working for the USSR) were more common than anyone wants to admit.

Not sure if I will watch the SB, but if I do, it will be for the commercials. I miss the old Budweiser Clydesdales and labrador commercials.

Have a great SB Sunday.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and those wondering why Super Pops, the breakfast cereal that to my knowledge only my wife liked, never sponsored the game. I miss this Sugar Smacks ads with the bear with the Bing Crosby voice and the Trix commercials with the Silly Rabbit (capitalized that because that was his real name, Stupid Children) and yes, before you ask, I was coo coo for Cocoa Puffs.

I used to think and on the 7th day, He created Battle Creek, Michigan from whence all good things come. A tear comes to my eye as I remember that young lad with his little submarine that he'd fill with baking soda and watch fall to the bottom of the sink because I am sure that's when the mental scarring began. Or the decoder ring that caused his family to change their names and live anonymously in Arkansas for his uninformative years.

All of this weather talk of sub zero temps, white outs and 5-8" (and as I often told my wife, you can't measure with your eyes) of snow, I feel left out so here I go. Going to be 72 and sunny but it will get dark later. Just remember this when I am talking about 105 and 90% humidity when summer goes on simmer.

I have decided that I will watch the game because I've never invested this much time in watching football in my life but like Jan, I could care less because I don't like either city, state, team, QB, coach and I still think that lowlife Hill lied about his little boy's arm being broken. So, I will root for injuries, season ending injuries which sounds a lot worse but consider the season ends in less that 11 hours so a strong skin rash might do it.

I also eschewed my previous nonconformist plan of having gruel, haggis and cinnamon rolls and will have homemade salsa, queso, chips, wings and sweet potato fries with sour cream and Louisiana Hot Sauce dip. Going with jalapeno margs followed by champagne because that just fits my mood, confused as usual.

If you watch the game, enjoy it. If you don't watch it, enjoy missing it. I just want you to enjoy the day!

Last edited: