FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Agreed... except the part about guacamole. Find a version of that recipe that suits you. I make my own to my taste. If nobody else likes it, more for me:D

So it's interesting that you bring this up. Guacamole is a big thing in my house, mostly because I love it. But so does all of my family so, it's a big thing with all of the women in my family. I am Hispanic so everybody makes it. Here's the problem, my Wife is Norwegian and German so not Hispanic but, she makes better Guacamole then any of the women in my family. That, is a problem in my family, LOL.........

Long story short, I am also a big fan.

;)

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hold the guac, please.

Man, I feel like you are missing out on some great stuff RW. Sometimes, I wonder if it's because of where you live. No idea what kind of Guacamole you can get where you are but down here, it's a different level I'm thinking. Interestingly enough, my favorite use of Guacamole is on a Turkey Sandwich (Hoagie) with smoked turkey and bacon. Unbelievably good!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Man, I feel like you are missing out on some great stuff RW. Sometimes, I wonder if it's because of where you live. No idea what kind of Guacamole you can get where you are but down here, it's a different level I'm thinking. Interestingly enough, my favorite use of Guacamole is on a Turkey Sandwich (Hoagie) with smoked turkey and bacon. Unbelievably good!

Yummmmmmm

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Here is how my Wife makes it, so far as I know.

4-5 ripe avocados
1/4-1/2 of med white onion diced small
5-6 serrano peppers
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup cilantro
4 plum tomatoes
salt/pepper to taste
lemon to make sure it doesn't turn black - about 1 tablespoon

dice everything and mix together - add more or less serrano peppers depending on what you like.

This comes out more junky then smooth but I like it that way. Easier to eat with chips to me, plus the color in it is wonderful. Not only tastes tremendous but looks terrific as well!

Really good to me and all the people in my Family, even if the women won't say, seem to like it. There is never any left over.

LOL.......

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Here is how my Wife makes it, so far as I know.

4-5 ripe avocados
1/4-1/2 of med white onion diced small
5-6 serrano peppers
2 cloves garlic
1/4 cup cilantro
4 plum tomatoes
salt/pepper to taste
lemon to make sure it doesn't turn black - about 1 tablespoon

dice everything and mix together - add more or less serrano peppers depending on what you like.

This comes out more junky then smooth but I like it that way. Easier to eat with chips to me, plus the color in it is wonderful. Not only tastes tremendous but looks terrific as well!

Really good to me and all the people in my Family, even if the women won't say, seem to like it. There is never any left over.

LOL.......
I use cumin, red onion and jalapeño in mine, but otherwise pretty much the same. Sometimes a small hit of sour cream for a little different flavor, but definitely chunky

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and friends.

It's 3:31 a.m. (Hence, the "morning" part of my greeting.) and I'm about to embark on my journey to Manhattan. By the time I get there it will be snowing here...so I'm looking forward to the drive home.

May you all have a day filled with traction and good drivers!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
4xat59.gif

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and Twofer Tuesday and Taco Tuesday enthusiasts.

It is looking a lot like winter with gray skies and a nip in the air that will be changing to frozen nips in the air later this week. That mean ole Polar Vortex is working it's way down here and you know what that means. Yep, time for "The Day After Tomorrow" and a chance for us to check out that border wall from this side. Got some snow in the forecast for Sun-Mon and already had a little dusting with the last cold snap and that was cool, snow and palm trees opens up the libation menu.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good Toosday Pops and Popsadoodles. Wishing traction and good drivers for everyone along with a one of a kind new drink for Coachadoodles which will bear his name from this day forward.

I'm on a portable oxygen machine at home and will throw a fit when I find out how much the company charges per day. When I take it off, it will play three perfectly timed beats to which I sing 'another one bites the dust' at the end. Momma did not appreciate that. She ran away yesterday and I've got my bachelor pad back. This means no adult supervision. This means no snatching away of the preciouses. Henceforth I toasted her with a Coke... and cookies. I'm so weak that it took all day to drink that Coke. Worth it!

I go to my primary care doctor today exactly one week after leaving the hospital. Maybe I can get some answers this time.

With all the weakness and dizziness, I've been either sitting or laying down. Lots of walking like Tim Conway playing the old man on Carol Burnett. Momma heard sitting is the new smoking, so I wasn't allowed to smoke for very long. I'd sit at the computer and play some timed games. She'd yell from the other room that it's time to get up from the computer in the last two minutes of my game every time. I asked how she knew I was in the last two minutes again. Just one of those momma instincts, I guess. Now I can play it all the way through and it's less interesting. Why is everything more fun when you're getting into trouble?

Have a good day everyone and it's time to get off the computer.