FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning Jobs. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in to visit this thread.

Well, we have overcast today and temps are starting to drop, just in time right?

Gonna keep this one short, have a lot to do today and a call in about 15 minutes.

Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW, John, Jan, Corso and Colo, I hope you are all well today. Stay safe, enjoy the weekend as best you can.

Everybody, might be a nice weekend to plan on making a hot pot of soup and watch a couple of your favorite movies. Whatever the case, stay safe, stay warm and enjoy your weekend.

Gonna leave everybody with a weekend song here. This is a Chicago Song, recorded in 1972, this is a weekend song for sure. This is Chicago performing their hit tune, "Saturday In The Park".

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and Popsadoodles. Not much going on as the south hunkers down to deal with what the north wants to share with us. Don't make us share our summer heat and humidity with you.

Yesterday was a special day as the doctor's demanded I start monitoring my blood sugar. I got the little pokems and an uncooperative machine to read blood. I poked my thumb five times before I drew blood. I started bleeding and turned the machine on. It went into set up mode as everything dried. I was mad! Three more pokes and the machine seemed bored with me. NOTHING! My thumb wants an SVU to investigate me. I did four more pokes on other fingers and gave up. It looks like I'll have to do some golf math for my two week report.

There was a 70 car pile up in the Dallas area a couple of days ago. Our tires are made for rain, not ice. Our driving skills are very specific and do not include car skating, but we can throw a triple axle down with the best of them.

Morning, Pops and pen pals. It's 21 here right now but will get down to 1 degree Sunday or Monday. AKA too darn cold. Stay warm, everyone.
I'm in the path of that crazy weather as well. We're supposed to have 2 days of snow! This is Looziana! We don't do two days of snow. Two hours, yes but not two days. I guess that means snow ice cream.

Have a good day everyone!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

Y’all are cute with your snow and icecapades. We reached our high today of 1 degree (feels like -16:muttley:). Even the locals are complaining. Whiners. Not sure why as there’s not anything to go out and do. Why would you choose to live or stay here if you don’t like the weather... and knowing there’s nothing you can do about it. It’s not that cold inside the house so stay indoors. I don’t understand the problem. Been snowing off and on for a couple days. I happen to think it’s pretty.

Had my grandson overnight last night. Getting ready to scoop him up and take him to his home then get to come back to my place, clean up after him and get to work for the weekend. Wonderful plans, eh?

Sister is fine with all her medical stuff. I guess they want her back every three years to get the tooty checked again, but she says she’s isn’t. Apparently she didn’t choose a good plan of insurance and will pay for most of it out of pocket so she’s been complaining a lot about that. I told her if she isn’t going to get anymore tests done, neither am I. She has no idea what high medical bills look like.

Guess that’s all I’ve got for today. Have a good day all.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

Y’all are cute with your snow and icecapades. We reached our high today of 1 degree (feels like -16:muttley:). Even the locals are complaining. Whiners. Not sure why as there’s not anything to go out and do. Why would you choose to live or stay here if you don’t like the weather... and knowing there’s nothing you can do about it. It’s not that cold inside the house so stay indoors. I don’t understand the problem. Been snowing off and on for a couple days. I happen to think it’s pretty.

Had my grandson overnight last night. Getting ready to scoop him up and take him to his home then get to come back to my place, clean up after him and get to work for the weekend. Wonderful plans, eh?

Sister is fine with all her medical stuff. I guess they want her back every three years to get the tooty checked again, but she says she’s isn’t. Apparently she didn’t choose a good plan of insurance and will pay for most of it out of pocket so she’s been complaining a lot about that. I told her if she isn’t going to get anymore tests done, neither am I. She has no idea what high medical bills look like.

Guess that’s all I’ve got for today. Have a good day all.
Glad to hear your sister's okay! Now you can go slap her husband for being so negative.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Glad to hear your sister's okay! Now you can go slap her husband for being so negative.
Yeah, Kevin is easily spooked. He’s lost his mom and his sister in the last 10 years to cancer. I get it, but don’t go digging the grave straight away. I told him just because the “markers” were there didn’t make it a death sentence. Then I pointed out the obvious elephant in the room (me). :confused:Derrrrrr. Sometimes pointing out the obvious is enough of a slap upside the head.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

Winter and, by that, I mean pull up your big boy pants cold, has arrived in NW Montana. The highs for the next three days will around 0 F. With wind chill factored in, we're looking at the temperatures around -20 F.

I have to run into town a little later today and I am breaking out my artic winter gear from my time in Russia - including my ushanka fur hat. It looks like I have an entire beaver on my head, but it is warm.

Aside from weather, all is good.... Just waiting for my "vaccine lottery number" to be called. Hopefully, I'll get the vaccination in late February.

Have a good, safe, and warm Thursday!
A brief update on the weather in Montana... We are in day 4 of subzero temperatures, high winds, blowing snow and wind chills around -20... Beginning to feel like Golum from LOTR, looking into the fireplace and whispering, "my precious".

GrammaJan

Reaction score
A brief update on the weather in Montana... We are in day 4 of subzero temperatures, high winds, blowing snow and wind chills around -20... Beginning to feel like Golum from LOTR, looking into the fireplace and whispering, "my precious".
I watched the trilogy and the “prequels” not long ago in one weekend. Love the movies, but that’s one haggard looking dude!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and a special good morning to "my girls" of the Pops thread.

Awww, Coach, not sure that I’m in your group of girls but that did make me smile, and it sounds stupid but I guess because I’m alone it made me cry too. I’d made up my mind I wasn’t getting out of bed today so the day just disappears... but even if it’s just to sit and work at my makeshift office at my dining room table, I will.

People say things without thinking of who they are talking to or considering where they may be in their own headspace, and to be honest it’s hard to go out into public around “fabricated” holidays like this. I know some of the posters here get it, and some of you are fortunate enough not to know, but Coach, I know you are one of em that understands. Thank you.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good Morning Pops and friends. Happy Valentines Day.

Tonight we get a glimpse of mild winter temps for you folks up north. Low 20s and snow is predicted and definitely not the norm for this area. Then the following night it’s supposed to go down to the teens! It’s a big deal here. Just hope my orange tree survives.

Have a good one friends. Hope all is going well.

Xelda

Reaction score
It's morning to me, Pops and Popsadoodles so good morning. Happy Valentines Day to all. I hate Valentines Day. Jan explained it best. My explanation is it's a fabricated horse hockey day to remind single people that they're alone. Or worse yet, elementary school when hopes were high and disappointments were much deeper. Oh yeah, you little punks! One day I'm gonna sprout boosums. You will come running but won't be heard. Take that Valentines Day! Did I go on a tantrum... again? Sorry about that. Thank you for the Valentines wishes Leon and Coachadoodles. It's very thoughtful of y'all.

I'll close before I start up again. Have a great day everyone, just do something to make it better than it was going to be.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hallmark, Kay's, Russell Stover (father of Smokey Stover just like George was Beetle Bailey's father) and 1-800 Flowers wishes you a happy heart filled day.

Why don't men strike back? We should have KC Steaks, Grey Goose, Shiner, Hostess Fried Pies and Smith & Wesson start up a holiday.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hallmark, Kay's, Russell Stover (father of Smokey Stover just like George was Beetle Bailey's father) and 1-800 Flowers wishes you a happy heart filled day.

Why don't men strike back? We should have KC Steaks, Grey Goose, Shiner, Hostess Fried Pies and Smith & Wesson start up a holiday.
I thought that's what Saturday and Sunday were.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's morning to me, Pops and Popsadoodles so good morning. Happy Valentines Day to all. I hate Valentines Day. Jan explained it best. My explanation is it's a fabricated horse hockey day to remind single people that they're alone. Or worse yet, elementary school when hopes were high and disappointments were much deeper. Oh yeah, you little punks! One day I'm gonna sprout boosums. You will come running but won't be heard. Take that Valentines Day! Did I go on a tantrum... again? Sorry about that. Thank you for the Valentines wishes Leon and Coachadoodles. It's very thoughtful of y'all.

I'll close before I start up again. Have a great day everyone, just do something to make it better than it was going to be.
I understand your views and do agree that Valentine's Day is a bit contrived and commercialized way too much... but, I still can't shake the feeling of doing something really special for my wife -- typically, a nice meal, great bottle of wine and a chick flick. I'll admit it, I am a SNAG... sensitive new age guy

And, there I was yesterday smoking a small standing rib roast in 10F weather.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
I understand your views and do agree that Valentine's Day is a bit contrived and commercialized way too much... but, I still can't shake the feeling of doing something really special for my wife -- typically, a nice meal, great bottle of wine and a chick flick. I'll admit it, I am a SNAG... sensitive new age guy

And, there I was yesterday smoking a small standing rib roast in 10F weather.
Good man!