FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles. I woke up extra early to wish Runny a Happy Birthday. Happy Birthday to yooooouuuuu! I saw a mug for you on Amazon yesterday. It said; I would go outside but it's to peopley today.

Montanalo!!!! You're alive!!!! We're going to name you Outruns Bears. As for the delays in shipping, it only applies to folks in Canadian annexes.

Have a good one everyone!
I need one of those mugs...but nobody would ever see it.

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
I need one of those mugs...but nobody would ever see it.
73859005.jpg

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. Happy Friday. How does everyone feel about our draft pick? I like it, since Horn and Surtain were both gone. I like Slater, but our defense needs help, help and more help.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and peeps. Welcome to the Weekend! I'm sorry, Runny. I forgot to wish you Happy Birthday. So I'm doing it now. Everybody have a great weekend. K?

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

Another Monday (or, as the happily retired like to say, "just another Saturday").

@LeonDixson , yes, we've been to Crystal Mill. It is quite a trek to get there, but well worth the effort. Thanks for the reminder of a great day out.

For those of you feeling the heat of an early summer, we kissed 70 F this weekend and it was glorious. Still have a bit of frost in the early morning. As much as anything else, this is why we live where we do.

Oh, and the cherry trees are starting to blossom!!

So, post-draft blues, anyone? It was a decent.. but certainly not special draft. What do you think?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and those recovering from the draft. I was struck by one thing that I really don't like about the way it is presented. Those shots of the kids with their families and friends awaiting the call and announcement, what about those that don't get that call? They've assembled with the idea of being televised like that one player's girlfriend that kept posing for the shot, I am not sure she realized he'd been picked.

Multiply the look on Mac Jones face as he sat there knowing that camera was on him as his name was not called only their names are not going to be called except by Mel Kiper because he thinks their names should be called.

The reaction of our 6th round CB, to become a S, Israel Mukuamu highlighted that as he was overcome with emotion with the calling of many names before his and close to the end, time was running out. Relief that his dream still had a chance preceded the joy of being selected. And he should be joyful because he was selected by a team with one of the worst secondary's in the league and his chances of actually making the team are increased. I am glad he got picked because of his reaction but I also like saying his name.

It is funny to see all of the reactions out in gen pop that we knew were coming the minute DEN picked Surtain. I have to admit it, part of me looks forward to the wailing at the draft wall because so many are so sure about their guy or what our brilliant or stupid FO, based on each pick, does about trading.

The anticipation and excitement are over as a major event has come and gone until they play pretend games with preseason HOFers and future Home Depot employees.

Last edited: