FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Agree but I am bothered by stuff like that and I don't think most people are.

I have never heard that story before and if that is all fact, that should have been taught to all of us in school. I'd read that he was on the sea and inspired to write that as a battle raged on but not the details. Why have I never heard this before?

The flag has always meant a lot but there is recorded history of the sacrifices many made to keep that flag above ground but not the original story.

They made a film about the origination of "Amazing Grace", they should do the same for this.
I'd never heard the story either, but if it's not true, whoever wrote it did a great job of making it fit with the lyrics.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and happy Taco Tuesday for those that celebrate a day that should be a religious holiday. Monday's would be better if people knew they were getting off on Tuesday to eat tacos.

I have no proof of this, or anything else that I propose and at times, there is evidence to the contrary but do you think that stops moi?

OK, you folks that work have a 4 day week. I am happy for you even though this may affect the Gross National Product which I think if we have a Gross National Product, we should change it to a much nicer one. The 5 day week has created a Gross product, I propose the 4 day work week to produce a Peachy product.

Today is your best chance to make June the best month of the year so far.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning Jobs. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stopped in to visit this thread.

I hope everybody had a great Holiday Weekend. Mine was a little good, a little bad. So, didn't do a lot unfortunately. Went out and had a few beers on Saturday. Sunday, stayed home and relaxed until the cooler in my garage started leaking. So it turns out it's just a faulty float, so I headed into town to pick up a new one yesterday and out of nowhere, hail started coming down like marbles. I had my window cracked a bit and sure enough, damn things came in through the window and right on que, tagged me on the arm of my shades and busted them. I guess I'm kinda lucky there because if it was coming down that hard, that fast and it hit me instead of the glasses, who knows? But have no fear, the hail also cracked my windshield so a little good luck, a little bad luck.

So, hopefully everybody was able to get some good stuff going on this last weekend. I hope everybody had opportunity to maybe give a little thanks to those who served. I sometimes forget that this is what the long weekend is actually for, shame on me.

So, here we are, back to work and on my 4th cup of coffee. I'll try to finish the day up early and get on the roof and fix the damn cooler so it aint 105 degrees in my garage!

:laugh:

That said, in honor of coming back off a long weekend, gonna post this tune for everybody. This for all the working folk. This is a song written by Chrissie Hynde to James Honey-Scott of the Pretenders. Hynde and Scott had a thing and had a child together. The Song was written, cut in July of 82, released in September of 82. But the back story is that a month earlier, Scott had died of an overdose. Pete Farndon, the base player had been cut lose and would be dead within 6 months, also from drugs, so the song was actually cut with two members who were really not from the band who actually wrote the song. Here are The Pretenders with their 1982 hit, Back On The Chain Gang.....

Xelda

Reaction score
I apologize for not commenting on your post earlier, @ABQCOWBOY. Sorry to hear about your cooler, windshield .and the rogue hail that hit you. To quote Blake Shelton 'some beach'.

I never kept up with The Pretenders and didn't know any of what you shared. Thank you. :thumbup:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I apologize for not commenting on your post earlier, @ABQCOWBOY. Sorry to hear about your cooler, windshield .and the rogue hail that hit you. To quote Blake Shelton 'some beach'.

I never kept up with The Pretenders and didn't know any of what you shared. Thank you. :thumbup:
Wow, that's weird. I just saw that Blake Shelton song on my radio this morning, as I skipped to something else. First time I've ever had it on my radio, if only for a moment.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wow, that's weird. I just saw that Blake Shelton song on my radio this morning, as I skipped to something else. First time I've ever had it on my radio, if only for a moment.
I'd get a new radio if that popped up on mine.

This is what happens when a man manages radio stations with music formats he despises for so many years. Took me 15 years to finally get a Rock station in the group. Part of my job entailed listening to the competing country stations and yes, I was paid to do these jobs but not near enough. The emotional and mental scarring will never heal and my Mom got tired of me asking "so, when are you going to prison"?

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Hey Xelda, no need for apology. The rest is all good, although I really liked those sunglasses. It's OK if you don't know the Pretenders, you know Blake Shelton.

;)

Xelda

Reaction score
Hmm, I could swear I'm on somebody's ignore list for making a menopause joke. Oh well, that's okay.
Alright! Who put Runstadomas on ignore? For those of us with genetically compromised common sense muscles, he is a must read.
I wasn't wishing that on you, Runny. I'd heard about the song from my brother. I looked it up and it was by that Voice coach.
I'd get a new radio if that popped up on mine.

This is what happens when a man manages radio stations with music formats he despises for so many years. Took me 15 years to finally get a Rock station in the group. Part of my job entailed listening to the competing country stations and yes, I was paid to do these jobs but not near enough. The emotional and mental scarring will never heal and my Mom got tired of me asking "so, when are you going to prison"?
I'd listen to Coachadoodles here. Your radio has been ruint by crunchy music.

Bless your momma's heart, 'doodles! You underestimated her ability to evade the law. Must be where you got your sneaky genes from.
I don't know who filmed this, but Coachadoodles was about to do a triple axle into the water.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Zoner Friends,

So, I am sitting at an auto-body shop having my rear bumper replaced. After splitting about three cords of wood (and, subsequently getting extremely sore and grumpy), I backed into a tree stump. This was, coincidentally, immediately after pointing out o my wife the dangers of driving around forest trails in the late evening. Karma's a wicked mistress. My wife now refers to me as "Pavel", the Russian word for Paul as in, Paul Bunyan.

@ABQCOWBOY I feel for you. Got caught in a freak hail storm in Colorado a couple of years ago... Really damaged the car. BTW, thanks for the videos... Always seem to bring back a great memory.

Believe it or not, a heat advisory has been issued for our area today - suppose to reach the high 80's before dropping to the more typical high 70's tomorrow.

Hey, as we barrel toward the weekend, everyone have a great day!