FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles. It's serious today. I'm not only drinking my caffeine, I've had to play my war music to get moving. The war music playlist was formerly my paint the bathroom music. We all know that didn't work out.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles. It's serious today. I'm not only drinking my caffeine, I've had to play my war music to get moving. The war music playlist was formerly my paint the bathroom music. We all know that didn't work out.
If we ever go into battle together and you play that playlist, I'm running to Canada.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning, Pops. Morning, everyone. It's a beautiful, sunny day here. Unfortunately, it's already 88 on its way to 95. With a fair amount of humidity.

Hey Leon, How you doing? I hear you, it was 107 here yesterday. Was down right hot! Was talking with ABQJr. and he was saying that it gets so damn hot in some of these structures where the transformers are housed, he can't hardly stand it. Said he has to be careful in the summertime so that the heat doesn't overtake him when he has to get out into the field and fix something. I told him, we need to make a portable AC unit so that he can just take one along with him and cool down those spaces, even for just a short while. Gonna make an ice chest cooler so he can take it with him. He can just pick up ice locally and use it for a couple of hours while he works on a fix. Should help him in situations like that I hope.

Morning Pops, Jobs. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in to visit.

Everybody, have a great day!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hey Leon, How you doing? I hear you, it was 107 here yesterday. Was down right hot! Was talking with ABQJr. and he was saying that it gets so damn hot in some of these structures where the transformers are housed, he can't hardly stand it. Said he has to be careful in the summertime so that the heat doesn't overtake him when he has to get out into the field and fix something. I told him, we need to make a portable AC unit so that he can just take one along with him and cool down those spaces, even for just a short while. Gonna make an ice chest cooler so he can take it with him. He can just pick up ice locally and use it for a couple of hours while he works on a fix. Should help him in situations like that I hope.

Morning Pops, Jobs. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who stop in to visit.

Everybody, have a great day!
Definitely can't use just a fan. Anything over 96° heat index (I believe) is made worse by moving the air because it robs your body of the cooler air around you.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Definitely can't use just a fan. Anything over 96° heat index (I believe) is made worse by moving the air because it robs your body of the cooler air around you.
I saw that in the last John Oliver show on how bad Texas prisons are, they've clocked it at 150 degrees inside and fans made it worse on the prisoners with health issues. 75% of the prisons in Texas do not have AC in the prisoner areas.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score

Nope, Ice chest cooler will work though. I first saw one in Az. Guy made it and was tailgating with it. Thought it was pretty cool. They work too, if only for a few short hours but that's long enough to figure out what the problem is for ABQJr.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I saw that in the last John Oliver show on how bad Texas prisons are, they've clocked it at 150 degrees inside and fans made it worse on the prisoners with health issues. 75% of the prisons in Texas do not have AC in the prisoner areas.
I originally learned it from Neil deGrasse Tyson, but I saw it on LWT with John Oliver too. He's friggin' awesome.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good Morning Pops and, happy hump day to one and all.

Man, it's hot and humid - not 107 F hot @ABQCOWBOY but still hot. So far, I've caught up with my son, my daughter and her two precious daughters (princess 1 and princess 2), and my brother. Great visits with everyone with the added benefit of an abundance of TexMex food.

Today, I am headed to San Antonio to see my mother. She is in an assisted living facility and not doing so well

Hope all is well with you.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Good Morning Pops and, happy hump day to one and all.

Man, it's hot and humid - not 107 F hot @ABQCOWBOY but still hot. So far, I've caught up with my son, my daughter and her two precious daughters (princess 1 and princess 2), and my brother. Great visits with everyone with the added benefit of an abundance of TexMex food.

Today, I am headed to San Antonio to see my mother. She is in an assisted living facility and not doing so well

Hope all is well with you.

Hey Colo, I'm glad it's going well for you. Enjoy it while you can because I think it's going to get even hotter this summer. My Oldest boy just got back from San Antonio, just last week. Said it was good, not too hot, but again, that was a week ago so how knows now?

Safe travels Brother!

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and fellow weather watchers. It is hot here in central Texas but not hotter than usual this time of year. 94 at this time but what's in store for us in July and August could be record setting according to some of these forecasters.
I stepped outside and thought "IT'S HOT" but then I started getting concerned for July and August. UGHHH!

Xelda

Reaction score
I just saw a new map that had our area actually cooler in July/Aug, the real heat issues are going to be in areas not accustomed to it or prepared for it.
I will definitely welcome cooler in July and August. I'm still not accustomed to the heat. Summer makes me want to lay on a polar icecap. If I'm required to do actual yard work in the summer, I get mad at the universe.