FEATURED Morning Pops!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

I have gotten ZERO notifications of any new posts since last weekend and had no idea all this was going on. OMG CC… I can’t apologize enough for not knowing all that’s been going on and thus not offering my support, thoughts and prayers. Please, please, please know it was not my intention to ignore your situation… I simply didn’t know. Been so busy at work the last three weeks I haven’t really been able to just hop on and check to see if there was anything going on. This coming week will be no different, but I will be diligent in my checking in for the next week (after that I’m gone to VA for daughter’s graduation.). Hang in there. Hopefully someone that wasn’t last to graduate in their med school class gets their hands on you and fixes you up right!

Runny, X and Street… check with me and if I’m available I’m coming along too.!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Afternoon Pops and everyone.

I have gotten ZERO notifications of any new posts since last weekend and had no idea all this was going on. OMG CC… I can’t apologize enough for not knowing all that’s been going on and thus not offering my support, thoughts and prayers. Please, please, please know it was not my intention to ignore your situation… I simply didn’t know. Been so busy at work the last three weeks I haven’t really been able to just hop on and check to see if there was anything going on. This coming week will be no different, but I will be diligent in my checking in for the next week (after that I’m gone to VA for daughter’s graduation.). Hang in there. Hopefully someone that wasn’t last to graduate in their med school class gets their hands on you and fixes you up right!

Runny, X and Street… check with me and if I’m available I’m coming along too.!!!
Jan, do not apologize, we all have things going on in our lives and when I come in and spout off and am frustrated, you guys don't have to console me. I am just angry because I can't get anything done and these people do not seem to care. I know you guys care.

These last two weeks have been an experience unlike anything I've ever known before and I've given myself up for dead twice. The funny thing is the question they're coached to ask of us older folks is "do you feel safe at home"? The last nurse to ask me that I responded "a hell of a lot safer than around those responsible for my health, my dogs care what happens to me".

Don't mind me, just using Pops' thread to vent and I really don't think he'd mind.

Damn, I've been handed off by these docs more than the party girl at a fraternity rush party. And it's not that I am not having fun but who in the hell is taking me home?

Last edited:

Xelda

Reaction score
OIP.siZ4fySlYnpy2Uxr6k-_4QHaJs

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I put my cell on airplane mode when I went in on Friday and forgot to take it off and just now did and a message came through from after the MRCP on Friday that I can get in to see the GS in Lakeway on Wednesday and that she will be calling me tomorrow to set up the appt. I feel better about the GI guy now that he just didn't wander off to Austin and forget about poor little ole me.

So, I am hopeful I can kick this pesky gall bladder to the curb this week and bore y'all with my tales of woe during my recovery. Me + moderator + pain pills = interesting times. I do not do well with pain pills and hopefully will not need them except at night, when I am the least likely to get into trouble. It's not that I can't think of trouble to get into at night, I am just too tired to act on my inclinations.

Appreciate the Pops Posse a lot.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, I put my cell on airplane mode when I went in on Friday and forgot to take it off and just now did and a message came through from after the MRCP on Friday that I can get in to see the GS in Lakeway on Wednesday and that she will be calling me tomorrow to set up the appt. I feel better about the GI guy now that he just didn't wander off to Austin and forget about poor little ole me.

So, I am hopeful I can kick this pesky gall bladder to the curb this week and bore y'all with my tales of woe during my recovery. Me + moderator + pain pills = interesting times. I do not do well with pain pills and hopefully will not need them except at night, when I am the least likely to get into trouble. It's not that I can't think of trouble to get into at night, I am just too tired to act on my inclinations.

Appreciate the Pops Posse a lot.
So we shouldn't worry if we don't hear from you for a couple of days...Thanks for the heads up!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So we shouldn't worry if we don't hear from you for a couple of days...Thanks for the heads up!
If they jack me up on pain killers, might not be me you hear from, might be my alter ego. I cannot understand anyone getting hooked on those, I hate the way they make me feel.

I am just looking forward to an itch free day, I could be Stephen King's next subject for a novel, Scratch Man.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
If they jack me up on pain killers, might not be me you hear from, might be my alter ego. I cannot understand anyone getting hooked on those, I hate the way they make me feel.

I am just looking forward to an itch free day, I could be Stephen King's next subject for a novel, Scratch Man.
I'm not a fan of painkillers either. It's not so much how they make me feel; They don't really affect me that way, possibly because of the drugs I did when I was young and stupid. I just don't like being constipated, and don't want to risk addiction.

It really bothers me that. when I had my rotator cuff surgery, they gave me a prescription and gave me a schedule to "stay ahead of the pain". I took one pill that night and one the next night, just so I could sleep. Other than that, I just dealt with the pain and discomfort, because it's preferable to the aforementioned effects of the drugs. It's similar to when I go to the dentist...If he's not going to drill for more than 30 seconds or so, I'll pass on the novocaine, rather than have my face feel like an accessory for 3 or 4 hours. I imagine the attitude of "keeping ahead of the pain" has led to some of the pain pill addictions we hear about, and that's just unacceptable.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Do @Streetwise and I need to take a week off and fly down to visit this doctor and show him where the bear does his business? Sure, G2's not 100% yet, but that just means I get to go first.

So he only removed the stones, and not the gallbladder? What a lazy POS!

CC, you let me know when you're the right color. (Wow, that sounded better in my head.) Hopefully we can celebrate more than just the Red, White, and Blue tomorrow.
I'm on stand by 24-7 brother. I'll get sideways with the whole hospital if CC is gettin' messed with.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Never take em. I've always been afraid of getting hooked myself. My first real injury was as a Soph. in HS. Knee injury and not real good. I got pain killers in the ER and was sent home with pain killers while the swelling went down. Could not do surgery until that swelling was gone. I didn't take any of the pain killers at home. Took Aspirin and actually a good deal of that but not anything more powerful then that. Over the years, I've had lots of different injuries but I've only really used Tylenol and things like that, lots of beer and even Whisky on occasion but I don't like using anything that is addictive, other then beer of course.

LOL......

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not a fan of painkillers either. It's not so much how they make me feel; They don't really affect me that way, possibly because of the drugs I did when I was young and stupid. I just don't like being constipated, and don't want to risk addiction.

It really bothers me that. when I had my rotator cuff surgery, they gave me a prescription and gave me a schedule to "stay ahead of the pain". I took one pill that night and one the next night, just so I could sleep. Other than that, I just dealt with the pain and discomfort, because it's preferable to the aforementioned effects of the drugs. It's similar to when I go to the dentist...If he's not going to drill for more than 30 seconds or so, I'll pass on the novocaine, rather than have my face feel like an accessory for 3 or 4 hours. I imagine the attitude of "keeping ahead of the pain" has led to some of the pain pill addictions we hear about, and that's just unacceptable.
Totally agree and I always have a hard time deciding on the number for my pain. Do I go macho or please save me from the pain? Or worse, picking one of those faces they have on the board on the wall. I want to use CZ emojis to represent my pain level:angry::thumbdown::omg::banghead:

That getting out in front of the pain is only good in extreme cases and when I had my hip replacement, I was going for the morphine, Sister Morphine was a close family member for a couple of days. I called all the nurses Auntie Em and asked them if I could judge the ruby slippers/garter belt contest and get a poker game going with the flying monkeys.

After that, I did nothing except the first couple of nights to get to sleep on my back. Pain is our body talking to us and telling us to take it easy and if that hurts, don't do that. I like to know how bad the pain can get before I start medicating as I have lived with it for so long I have a pretty healthy threshold.

I have been fortunate, or dumb, because I've let things like my neck and hip get to the point where surgery and recovery looked preferable and I reached that stage with this a good week ago. I've never given much thought to the term "makes my skin crawl" until two weeks ago today. Turn this bilirubin crap loose in your body and you'll have a whole new definition of skin crawling.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Wednesday and a very busy week (and possibly busy weekend) ahead. I go wheels up Monday for VA for daughter’s graduation. Am nowhere near where I need to be at work, and in the midst of all this chaos this week had a little health scare I’m working through. Bloodwork this morning. Sam and I still see each other, though not quite as frequently due to our work schedules and some personal crap we are both trying to work through and clear up. Things could definitely be going smoother, but there’s just so much a person can control.

Okay, back to getting ready to go. Labs then work.

Have a good day all!!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles.

Never forget that we're here for you and wearing our Jan rules and is smarter than your honor student t shirts. On the back in smaller print it says Runstradomas says if you can read this, you are too freaking close.

Any word from Coachadoodles? Any stories from Bear Chow? (Yes Montanalo, you have a new nickname.)

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and all y'all. Meeting with a surgeon in Lakeway late this morning for a consult. I don't know what he wants to learn from me but I am going to ask him to "take my gall bladder, please" in my best Henny Youngman voice.

Good report on those labs, Jan.

Last edited:

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and all y'all. Meeting with a surgeon in Lakeway late this morning for a consult. I don't know what he wants to learn from me but I am going to ask him to "take my gall bladder, please" in my best Henny Youngman voice.

Good report on this labs, Jan.
Fingers, eyes and toes crossed… and for you as well Coach on your consult!

GrammaJan

Reaction score

Never forget that we're here for you and wearing our Jan rules and is smarter than your honor student t shirts. On the back in smaller print it says Runstradomas says if you can read this, you are too freaking close.

Any word from Coachadoodles? Any stories from Bear Chow? (Yes Montanalo, you have a new nickname.)
I want one of those tshirts, please

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and everyone.

Wednesday and a very busy week (and possibly busy weekend) ahead. I go wheels up Monday for VA for daughter’s graduation. Am nowhere near where I need to be at work, and in the midst of all this chaos this week had a little health scare I’m working through. Bloodwork this morning. Sam and I still see each other, though not quite as frequently due to our work schedules and some personal crap we are both trying to work through and clear up. Things could definitely be going smoother, but there’s just so much a person can control.

Okay, back to getting ready to go. Labs then work.

Have a good day all!!
I hope you took juggling lessons! Good luck with everything!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I changed it to, "If you can read this, I want you to know I just farted"

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Good report on this labs, Jan.
When he asks you how much you drink, be sure to answer, "How honest do you want me to be?"