FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning Jobs. Morning Fellas and good morning to all who decided to stop by.

Having a hard time getting back into the swing of things after the 4th. I don't know why, I'm ready to go but I'm having a hard time motivating folks to get it going here. Might have to kick a few butts here. I don't like that but sometimes you need that.

How is everybody today? I hope well, but if not, you know how to fix it.

So, one of the things I lament is that I hardly ever hear real Country Music anymore. Seems like anymore, it's just a lot of crap that isn't really Country but gets passed off as Country. But sometimes you run across somebody who still sings Country Music and when I do, I really enjoy it.

This is Ashley McBryde and I think she might be one of those people. This is here song "Girl Going Nowhere".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok, scheduled for Tuesday for Laparoscopic removal of the gall bladder. I climb into his lap and he cuddles me and when I am relaxed, he snatches that mean ole gall bladder out. It's a little more complicated than that but I want to keep it simple for my medically challenged folks that don't know this like I do. After all, I am a registered WebMD user.

Only thing that can stop me now is that pesky pathology report on that mystery tissue he took out of my bile duct but my surgeon isn't worried and why would he be? He just met me and doesn't love me as much as he would had he known me longer. Another day or two and he'd be plenty worried.

He did tell me that my body has to get this bilirubin thing under control and it can take as along as two weeks to regulate and there's nothing I can do to speed that up. The gall bladder has nothing to do with that and stones in the bile duct are rare. I don't think he was complimenting me like I am special. The stones are rare, I am not. They took the stones and left me behind.

Thanks Pops Posse for letting me use this thread to cut loose a little.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ok, scheduled for Tuesday for Laparoscopic removal of the gall bladder. I climb into his lap and he cuddles me and when I am relaxed, he snatches that mean ole gall bladder out. It's a little more complicated than that but I want to keep it simple for my medically challenged folks that don't know this like I do. After all, I am a registered WebMD user.

Only thing that can stop me now is that pesky pathology report on that mystery tissue he took out of my bile duct but my surgeon isn't worried and why would he be? He just met me and doesn't love me as much as he would had he known me longer. Another day or two and he'd be plenty worried.

He did tell me that my body has to get this bilirubin thing under control and it can take as along as two weeks to regulate and there's nothing I can do to speed that up. The gall bladder has nothing to do with that and stones in the bile duct are rare. I don't think he was complimenting me like I am special. The stones are rare, I am not. They took the stones and left me behind.

Thanks Pops Posse for letting me use this thread to cut loose a little.
I don't know about stones in the bile duct, but my bile duct was about three times to narrow, according the doc who pulled that thing out of me. After he told me that the gallbladder was gangrenous, all I could think was, "Okay, even a healthy gallbladder probably doesn't smell too good. A gangrenous one must have stunk worse than anything they've ever experienced."

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Afternoon Pops and everyone!

Labs are good and so y’all will have to put up with me for a bit longer. A med I was taking (temporarily) was causing the problem, so, bye bye med.

Heading home to have me a bottle of wine (couldn’t drink while taking the medication). I have some catching up to do.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know about stones in the bile duct, but my bile duct was about three times to narrow, according the doc who pulled that thing out of me. After he told me that the gallbladder was gangrenous, all I could think was, "Okay, even a healthy gallbladder probably doesn't smell too good. A gangrenous one must have stunk worse than anything they've ever experienced."
Mine is full of sludge, what a nice visual. I do not want to see inside my body anyway but seeing sludge in it might be a tad freaky.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Labs are good and so y’all will have to put up with me for a bit longer. A med I was taking (temporarily) was causing the problem, so, bye bye med.

Heading home to have me a bottle of wine (couldn’t drink while taking the medication). I have some catching up to do.
It must be nice to be advised to stop taking one of your meds! I hope your doc decided you just don't need it anymore, and he's not replacing it with something else.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
It must be nice to be advised to stop taking one of your meds! I hope your doc decided you just don't need it anymore, and he's not replacing it with something else.

It was actually just a temporary thing anyway, like an antibiotic would be. Other than that, which I am no longer taking, I take only my multi vitamin and calcium. Proud to be med free… :D

kskboys

Reaction score

Drugs that keep you from drinking should be outlawed!!!!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm a little perturbed at my own doc. I mean, I love the guy, but he put me on one med that made me develop a little dry cough. One of the primary ways to stay healthy is to get enough sleep. Coughs don't let you do that!!!!
That is one of the common side effects of some BP meds like Lisinopril.

They don't weigh side effects as much as we do; they're more about the treatment of the disorder being more critical. As patients, sometimes we view is as tantamount.

I used to be pretty defiant about being put on meds, saw that as a sign of aging and giving up the ghost. Have a long time friend in Dallas that was that way and told his doc top stuff the BP meds and he started in on homeopathic like Bragg's AC Vinegar, garlic and honey. 3 months later he had a stroke and was lucky he was taken to a trauma unit so quickly but he went back on the meds under the direction of his wife that had to nurse him back from partial paralysis.

Easy to accuse these people of being pill pushers when our cooperation, raising my hand here, of lifestyle changes to aid them in treating us go ignored.

Every time I see one of those people dragging an oxygen tank around smoking a cigarette, I stop and just take that in. I saw that so much in OK, the state with the highest smoking rate in the US and the closest to European cities with smokers and stinky people opposed to deodorant, that it was just ordinary. I expected to see everyone with a tank lighting up.

That coughing does improve once your system realizes that you are trying to help it.

I gotta say, the attention the medical people pay to the BP does get my attention. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with the pre-op nurse yesterday and if she told me what BP med to take the day of the surgery, she said it a dozen times. Stop everything else now but do not fail to take that.

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
That is one of the common side effects of some BP meds like Lisinopril.

They don't weigh side effects as much as we do; they're more about the treatment of the disorder being more critical. As patients, sometimes we view is as tantamount.

I used to be pretty defiant about being put on meds, saw that as a sign of aging and giving up the ghost. Have a long time friend in Dallas that was that way and told his doc top stuff the BP meds and he started in on homeopathic like Bragg's AC Vinegar, garlic and honey. 3 months later he had a stroke and was lucky he was taken to a trauma unit so quickly but he went back on the meds under the direction of his wife that had to nurse him back from partial paralysis.

Easy to accuse these people of being pill pushers when our cooperation, raising my hand here, of lifestyle changes to aid them in treating us go ignored.

Every time I see one of those people dragging an oxygen tank around smoking a cigarette, I stop and just take that in. I saw that so much in OK, the state with the highest smoking rate in the US and the closest to European cities with smokers and stinky people opposed to deodorant, that it was just ordinary. I expected to see everyone with a tank lighting up.

That coughing does improve once your system realizes that you are trying to help it.

I gotta say, the attention the medical people pay to the BP does get my attention. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with the pre-op nurse yesterday and if she told me what BP med to take the day of the surgery, she said it a dozen times. Stop everything else now but do not fail to take that.
It was Lisinopril!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Woohoo! I get to hand off 4000 board feet of mouldings in Manhattan, in the remnants of a tropical storm!!! I'm so friggin' happy!!!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. On my way here, I was about to turn right onto Columbus Ave, when a cop passed me, lights flashing, turned right onto Columbus and stopped. When the light turned green I started to make my turn and noticed a pair of hands hanging on to my right side mirror bracket. Apparently, he was standing on my side step, trying to get away from the cops.

I hit my brakes and he jumped off running. He got about 20 feet before two cops tackled him from behind, right on the wet street. I had to back up a little in order to make my turn, and by the time I started on my way, there were five or six cops on top of the guy, handcuffing him.

Fun town, Manhattan is.

Last edited:

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Woohoo! I get to hand off 4000 board feet of mouldings in Manhattan, in the remnants of a tropical storm!!! I'm so friggin' happy!!!

Oh yeah, I almost forgot. On my way here, I was about to turn right onto Columbus Ave, when a cop passed me, lights flashing, turned right onto Columbus and stopped. When the light turned green I started to make my turn and noticed a pair of hands hanging on to my right side mirror bracket. Apparently, he was standing on my side step, trying to get away from the cops.

I hit my brakes and he jumped off running. He got about 20 feet before two cops tackled him from behind, right on the wet street. I had to back up a little in order to make my turn, and by the time I started on my way, there were five or six cops on top of the guy, handcuffing him.

Fun town, Manhattan is.

Interesting morning lol. I just got barked at by a basset hound. Pales in comparison to your excitement.:)

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Fun town, Manhattan is.
You big city guys have all the fun!!

BTW, 4,000 board of moldings would probably fund a small, impoverished nation.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good Friday morning Pops and Friends,

I'm making a quick trip to New Orleans today to pick up the grandkids for a couple of weeks' visit to Montana.

Aside from the normal hiking and biking activities (the kids don't fully appreciate a mountain hike - they have that "Bataan death march" look about them every time I mention it), we have plans for whitewater rafting day trip, zip lining and water park. We are driving through Glacier National Park mid-week... heard it has been crazy busy.

Oh, oh, we heard from the family member we preformed an intervention. Judging from the negative response, we should have conducted an exorcism instead.

Have a good weekend.