FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Would the people who passed at 80 have changed their life and eaten nothing but bland food if they'd then lived to be 82?

I agree w/ what I'm hearing, as long as you're not smoking, just try to eat reasonable. I seriously doubt if it makes that much difference.
One thing that can never be assumed is the quality of life for another person.

Those women I describe in the re-introduction of Twinkies to Walmart in OK made a decision. Stuffing all those sweets into their mouths was the quality of life and if that took years off, so be it. The only thing I don't like about that is how they just create mini versions of themselves in their children and create some really self-defeating habits for those kids to fight and that fight could last their lifetime.

kskboys

Reaction score
Don't forget the recently debunked sugar vs fat episode. Years ago, sugar threw money at the debate, and they won, convincing people that fat makes you fat. Turned out to be not true. Sugar makes you fat.

And now look at the info coming out about artificial sweeteners. They are finally starting to admit that they make you gain weight.

All too often, big money/business buys whatever truth they spew out to the public. And it's often not true.

kskboys

Reaction score
One thing that can never be assumed is the quality of life for another person.

Those women I describe in the re-introduction of Twinkies to Walmart in OK made a decision. Stuffing all those sweets into their mouths was the quality of life and if that took years off, so be it. The only thing I don't like about that is how they just create mini versions of themselves in their children and create some really self-defeating habits for those kids to fight and that fight could last their lifetime.
It's disgusting.

I know a kid(like 25-30) who is just now discovering that eggplant is good. Her parents ate only meat and potatoes and fried food. Absolutely no veggies. Yes, both appear to be near death in their mid 50's. What they did to her was really sad.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and peeps. The A/C in my truck is acting up. It starts off blowing cold air, but blows warmer and warmer the further I drive. I suspect a faulty expansion valve or malfunctioning condenser, but hoping its less serious. So I took it to the mechanic and they drive it the next day and let it idle for 30 minutes and the dang thing was still blowing 47° air. They waive the $99 diagnostic fee and tell me to bring it back if it happens again, which it did. I'm going to drive it until it blows hot air today and then take it in and see if they can run their tests while it's still acting up.
I gotta get that thing fixed. The 460 trick doesn't keep me cool. (four windows down, driving 60 mph.)

Have a great day, Y'all.
Once you get to about 98°(?) the air moving actually takes away the cooler air around your skin, exacerbating the problem.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's disgusting.

I know a kid(like 25-30) who is just now discovering that eggplant is good. Her parents ate only meat and potatoes and fried food. Absolutely no veggies. Yes, both appear to be near death in their mid 50's. What they did to her was really sad.
Eggplant is disgusting. It's one of two foods (Brussels sprouts being the other) that my mother tried to force me to eat, but gave up after about 2 hours of sitting at the table. Both foods literally kicked in my gag reflex

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eggplant is disgusting. It's one of two foods (Brussels sprouts being the other) that my mother tried to force me to eat, but gave up after about 2 hours of sitting at the table. Both foods literally kicked in my gag reflex
Depends on how they're prepared. I roast halved Brussels Sprouts with s&p, olive oil, pancetta or bacon and toss that with some maple syrup or balsamic vinegar, outstanding. I don't like them boiled or steamed but roasted, they're great.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Again, all in the prep. I am not a big eggplant fan; however, my wife's Eggplant Parmigiana was one of my most requested dishes. That crispy eggplant was wonderful.

It's like a tough cut of meat, I don't like it until someone prepares it properly, like braised and seasoned right, and then it becomes something special.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Once you get to about 98°(?) the air moving actually takes away the cooler air around your skin, exacerbating the problem.
I just put a little spit, err, excuse me, saliva on my earlobes and voi-la; instant cool. :laugh:
The good news is they think it's probably just low on refrigerant or a sensor has gone bad.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and all youse guys.

I haven't reported back about the pathology report because I don't know anything but he did tell me on Monday at our meeting that is has now been "sent off", whatever that means. He makes me a little concerned because he's not the "how honest do you want me to be?" doc. I have a hernia on the left side, that is now a match for the one repaired on the right, and while it will need attention and a screen installed should I last long enough, he always brings everything back to the gall bladder. "Let's get past this gall bladder issue first". I am beginning to think the "your gall bladder was a real mess" was his way of trying to spare me because everything centers around this pathology report that he thinks we might get this week. I can't shake this feeling that this is far from over but that could just be because this is getting stretched out but the "sent off" comment is concerning.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I haven't reported back about the pathology report because I don't know anything but he did tell me on Monday at our meeting that is has now been "sent off", whatever that means. He makes me a little concerned because he's not the "how honest do you want me to be?" doc. I have a hernia on the left side, that is now a match for the one repaired on the right, and while it will need attention and a screen installed should I last long enough, he always brings everything back to the gall bladder. "Let's get past this gall bladder issue first". I am beginning to think the "your gall bladder was a real mess" was his way of trying to spare me because everything centers around this pathology report that he thinks we might get this week. I can't shake this feeling that this is far from over but that could just be because this is getting stretched out but the "sent off" comment is concerning.
He's just covering his bases. He doesn't want to get everything set up for the hernia, then have to cancel because he left a scalpel inside you last time.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I’m still amazed at the ways the medical community can be callous and string people along without clear communication. Coach I hope you get some clarity ASAP.

One of my 4 grandchildren- my youngest granddaughter- was born with a major heart defect as well as a completely dysfunctional stomach. She’s had two open heart surgeries but after the second the drs told my son and his wife that there was “nothing more they could do for her” and they should take her home and “make her comfortable”.

They did not give any kind of timeline or sense of exactly what was happening. That was nearly 18 mos ago. She’s 2 and a half now. She is still very fragile and probably won’t live another six months. But my son was so frustrated by the lack of communication, he finally told one of the doctors, “Look, I am this girl’s father. Tell me the unvarnished truth. I can handle the truth a lot better than this nebulous cloud you keep throwing out.”

kskboys

Reaction score
I’m still amazed at the ways the medical community can be callous and string people along without clear communication. Coach I hope you get some clarity ASAP.

One of my 4 grandchildren- my youngest granddaughter- was born with a major heart defect as well as a completely dysfunctional stomach. She’s had two open heart surgeries but after the second the drs told my son and his wife that there was “nothing more they could do for her” and they should take her home and “make her comfortable”.

They did not give any kind of timeline or sense of exactly what was happening. That was nearly 18 mos ago. She’s 2 and a half now. She is still very fragile and probably won’t live another six months. But my son was so frustrated by the lack of communication, he finally told one of the doctors, “Look, I am this girl’s father. Tell me the unvarnished truth. I can handle the truth a lot better than this nebulous cloud you keep throwing out.”
Lawsuits. They want to tell you the truth, but cannot.