FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I’m still amazed at the ways the medical community can be callous and string people along without clear communication. Coach I hope you get some clarity ASAP.

One of my 4 grandchildren- my youngest granddaughter- was born with a major heart defect as well as a completely dysfunctional stomach. She’s had two open heart surgeries but after the second the drs told my son and his wife that there was “nothing more they could do for her” and they should take her home and “make her comfortable”.

They did not give any kind of timeline or sense of exactly what was happening. That was nearly 18 mos ago. She’s 2 and a half now. She is still very fragile and probably won’t live another six months. But my son was so frustrated by the lack of communication, he finally told one of the doctors, “Look, I am this girl’s father. Tell me the unvarnished truth. I can handle the truth a lot better than this nebulous cloud you keep throwing out.”
So sorry to hear you and your son and his family are going through that, makes mine a walk in the park.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I’m still amazed at the ways the medical community can be callous and string people along without clear communication. Coach I hope you get some clarity ASAP.

One of my 4 grandchildren- my youngest granddaughter- was born with a major heart defect as well as a completely dysfunctional stomach. She’s had two open heart surgeries but after the second the drs told my son and his wife that there was “nothing more they could do for her” and they should take her home and “make her comfortable”.

They did not give any kind of timeline or sense of exactly what was happening. That was nearly 18 mos ago. She’s 2 and a half now. She is still very fragile and probably won’t live another six months. But my son was so frustrated by the lack of communication, he finally told one of the doctors, “Look, I am this girl’s father. Tell me the unvarnished truth. I can handle the truth a lot better than this nebulous cloud you keep throwing out.”
I assume a degree of emotional detachment is necessary in that line of work, but so is a modicum of heart. If the doctors don't want to be more specific, they should have a nurse or someone to help the patients and families understand what's happening and what they might expect.

Xelda

Reaction score

I'm so sorry to hear that, Bob. Prayers going up for you and your family.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So sorry to hear you and your son and his family are going through that, makes mine a walk in the park.
Well I appreciate that Coach, but I’ve learned that everyone in life is carrying some kind of difficulty whether they show it or talk about it or not. Brother I’m thinking of your situation everyday.

Our little sweetheart will be in good hands however this turns out.

GrammaJan

Reaction score

Your family must be pretty darn incredible for God to have entrusted you all with her precious spirit. Thoughts and prayers, Bob. I don’t know how I would handle it if one of my grandchildren was in that situation. For myself I handled it fine, but these babies are supposed to have everything ahead of them. Clearly He had a purpose for her in your lives and what an impression she’s making!! Bless you all, my friend.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score

I'm so sorry you and your family are having to deal with something like that. Prayers to all of you.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and peeps. I played a few holes of golf yesterday. It was too hot and the play ahead of me was slow so I didn't finish. I was thankful for how well I did, considering I haven't played for a month. I guess I forgot all my bad habits. :laugh:

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles. At this time of the morning, I get to reflecting on exactly how early it is. Why can't 7 something be moved to 10 something?
Morning, Pops and peeps. I played a few holes of golf yesterday. It was too hot and the play ahead of me was slow so I didn't finish. I was thankful for how well I did, considering I haven't played for a month. I guess I forgot all my bad habits. :laugh:
Way to go, Leon! Now to remember your Wheaties before doing golf math.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hidy ho, Pops and all y'all. It is Thirsty Thursday, drink'em if you got'em.

Leon, aren't those slow people in front of you targets? Isn't that what "FORE!!!!" is all about? I live in the golf capital of the state and use "FORE!!!!" all the time, especially in HEB on FOPIC's, Fat Old People In Carts, and it works like a charm.

Talked to my bud Mike last night for 3 hours and had to account for myself in an accurate timeline in chronological order and after I got through that, for the first time, actually, I felt a whole lot better. I am lucky so far and no reason to think that won't hold out. It is interesting as it seemed worse to me before I had actually told the order of things and then I realized how bad this could have really been. I had prided myself on not letting things get to me and I let this wear me down and got into a pity party and a "why me O Lord" frame of mind to which the Lord always answers "why not you"?

This is your last chance to make the last Thursday of July in the year 2021 the best Thursday of the month, don't waste it!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Amazing how low your score can be when you don't play all the holes, ain't it?
:muttley:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Hidy ho, Pops and all y'all. It is Thirsty Thursday, drink'em if you got'em.

Leon, aren't those slow people in front of you targets? Isn't that what "FORE!!!!" is all about? I live in the golf capital of the state and use "FORE!!!!" all the time, especially in HEB on FOPIC's, Fat Old People In Carts, and it works like a charm.

Talked to my bud Mike last night for 3 hours and had to account for myself in an accurate timeline in chronological order and after I got through that, for the first time, actually, I felt a whole lot better. I am lucky so far and no reason to think that won't hold out. It is interesting as it seemed worse to me before I had actually told the order of things and then I realized how bad this could have really been. I had prided myself on not letting things get to me and I let this wear me down and got into a pity party and a "why me O Lord" frame of mind to which the Lord always answers "why not you"?

This is your last chance to make the last Thursday of July in the year 2021 the best Thursday of the month, don't waste it!
How's Mike doing these days? I hope your state of health didn't send him relapsing into depression.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
WAIT A MINUTE! Get back in here and tell us what your wife cooked.

Well, she found some thinly sliced Filet Minion at the store and she bought those. She then took some fresh Asparagus, sliced Red, Yellow, Orange, Green Bellpepper, Shallots, all sauted, and then added fresh Tangerines. Wrapped them up in the Filet and covered them in Teriyaki Sauce and stuck a long toothpick through it to hold them together. Grilled them up on a grilling pan, made some risotto and boiled up some fresh sweet corn on the cobb. Also, she made homemade ice cream with the boys. That was pretty cool.

All of it looked great, smelled even better but I didn't get to taste any of it. I had to go in for blood work this morning so I had to fast. But it must have been good. She made a big pan of it and it's all gone now so yeah, everybody must have liked it.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Well, she found some thinly sliced Filet Minion at the store and she bought those. She then took some fresh Asparagus, sliced Red, Yellow, Orange, Green Bellpepper, Shallots, all sauted, and then added fresh Tangerines. Wrapped them up in the Filet and covered them in Teriyaki Sauce and stuck a long toothpick through it to hold them together. Grilled them up on a grilling pan, made some risotto and boiled up some fresh sweet corn on the cobb. Also, she made homemade ice cream with the boys. That was pretty cool.

All of it looked great, smelled even better but I didn't get to taste any of it. I had to go in for blood work this morning so I had to fast. But it must have been good. She made a big pan of it and it's all gone now so yeah, everybody must have liked it.
They didn't save you any???

Xelda

Reaction score

giphy.gif

Can I marry her after you?