FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
So I'm gonna leave everybody with a song here that was recorded by a band called The Marmalade. This song is called "Reflections Of My Life", realeased in November of 69 in the UK and went on to chart in the top 10 in England and the U.S. This is not really an upbeat song, it's actually kind of a sad song but I've always liked it. So, without further delay, here is the marmalade with "Reflections Of My Life".

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How's Mike doing these days? I hope your state of health didn't send him relapsing into depression.
I had to tell him the ending close to the beginning because he was getting a little emotional. It isn't over but it could have been much worse and he realizes that.

He would be doing a lot better if he got out of that house and didn't have his wife's urn on the mantle. Time is our ally in healing but it needs help as I discovered by keeping mine for almost 2 years.

I am keeping the good thoughts because Mike was one of those I dreaded telling, like my sons, because it's a punch in the gut to those that have lost loved ones to the monster. It's a reminder that it's always around and just waiting.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well, I finally heard back on the pathology report and the reason it has taken so long it was sent off to be reviewed by their pathology board because of the rarity of this. Rare to have bile duct stones and even more rare for this because they are not in complete agreement where the stage of this is or really if it is precancerous or already there and I am being referred to the Oncology Surgeons in Temple, 2 hours away. Seems I can't get treated close to home.

My surgeon says the lead surgeon on this is excellent but they will have their Oncology board review this before he meets with me. Just got a call back from the surgeon and he's going to refer me to one in Austin, which is a lot better for me and my family but the reason was he can probably see me sooner.

I really don't know what to make of this. On one hand he's trying to reassure me and the next he changes to another Oncology Surgeon, one not in the Baylor. Scott and White system because he thinks he can see me sooner. This has gone from laid back to hair on fire so much it has worn me down.

It is not what I hoped for, an all clear, but I still don't know what to think but you only see an Oncology Surgeon for one reason.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops, afternoon Jobs. Afternoon fellas and good afternoon to all who stop in to visit the thread.

So, another Friday upon us and here I am looking at the day running out on me. Lots going on today, got two of the Grandboys coming tonight. My Son and future Daughter-In-Law are meeting up with the cake maker to finalize what they want for the Wedding so the Boys are here tonight. So, as some of you may know, this Wedding has been trying to happen for like two years now. As it happens, the Wedding was scheduled some time ago but then Covid hit and it pretty much got put on hold. Now it's planned again and I'm really afraid that this new Variant might postpone it again. Anyway, that's what's up today, for me.

How is everybody else doing? I hope you all have something decent planned for the weekend. Might try and take walk down the River this weekend. Haven't done that in awhile, might be nice. Maybe I'll take the boys.

Everybody, go out and have a great weekend!

Gonna leave you with a tune from Jackson Browne. This song is a perfect end of the workweek song, to me. This song was released in Feb. of 1978. As the story goes, Browne wrote it while driving to the studio to record a record he was working on. He says that he was always driving around with an empty tank of gas because everything he needed was literally 5 minutes away. As I watch this video, I can't help but notice how young Jackson Browne looks. I mean, it really takes me back. Sometimes those kinds of things make people feel old but not me. I guess I just remember back and it makes me feel happy. I know that when I was young, a large part of that time was spent not really knowing what the next day would bring or if it might be the last day. That sounds more dramatic then it was probably but still true. Seems like we were always putting in long hours trying to keep our butts out of hurt. I guess you could say that it seemed like we were always running on empty in those days. Now, I look back on those days and I miss that feeling but I'm very grateful that they are behind me, as well. I see Jackson Browne and it's with good feeling.

So, without any more talk, here is Jackson Browne, off his album The Pretender, with his hit song "Running On Empty". Hope you enjoy it.

Have a great weekend.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Well, I finally heard back on the pathology report and the reason it has taken so long it was sent off to be reviewed by their pathology board because of the rarity of this. Rare to have bile duct stones and even more rare for this because they are not in complete agreement where the stage of this is or really if it is precancerous or already there and I am being referred to the Oncology Surgeons in Temple, 2 hours away. Seems I can't get treated close to home.

My surgeon says the lead surgeon on this is excellent but they will have their Oncology board review this before he meets with me. Just got a call back from the surgeon and he's going to refer me to one in Austin, which is a lot better for me and my family but the reason was he can probably see me sooner.

I really don't know what to make of this. On one hand he's trying to reassure me and the next he changes to another Oncology Surgeon, one not in the Baylor. Scott and White system because he thinks he can see me sooner. This has gone from laid back to hair on fire so much it has worn me down.

It is not what I hoped for, an all clear, but I still don't know what to think but you only see an Oncology Surgeon for one reason.

Prayers for you Coach!!

Xelda

Reaction score

We're here for you, Doodles! That surgeon's going to take the bad spinkter out and put one in that plays Wipe Out. I'd offer to come take care of you, but I can't cook and faint at the sight of blood. That doesn't mean I don't care.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I'm guessing he's going with the early bird for two reasons:

1) To catch any potential problem as early as possible.
2) To try to keep you from worrying yourself to death before the appointment.

An all clear would have been optimal, but catching it in time (if there's anything to catch) is the next best thing.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm guessing he's going with the early bird for two reasons:

1) To catch any potential problem as early as possible.
2) To try to keep you from worrying yourself to death before the appointment.

An all clear would have been optimal, but catching it in time (if there's anything to catch) is the next best thing.
I am not worried nearly as much as I am irritated that I can't get health care 10 minutes away the the newest hospital in their system, moving here was a huge mistake.

Xelda

Reaction score
9a44322b502634545164ceabab198321.jpg

I'll translate: Merry Coachadoodles. Something either royal or anal. Many super sized burritos or tacos, get well soon and show us your tan lines.