FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Luckeee!! I’ve only been to one professional game in my life and it was Dallas @ Chicago for Sunday a night game… September, 2007.

I remember it well! My boss is a Bears season ticket holder and I went with his wife and kids. They knew then my team was Dallas (and still is of course) and I think (knowing them) that they felt Chicago was going to take it to us. I was so hoarse by the end of the game from yelling and cheering… sitting there in the non-drinking section/pit full of Chicago fans (and three or four other Cowboys fans). We won of course, and I had my daughter with me too (she wasn’t yet a Patriot’s (or any) fan at that time). I must’ve had too good of a time, which the boss’s wife seemed as misbehaving :muttley: because after that game I heard her tell other people in the office that they couldn’t go to games with them if they behaved like me. Was I supposed to sit on my hands and quietly watch the game? I PAID FOR THOSE TICKETS. Hell no. I had a great time and made great memories at a crappy time in my life (just divorced). Hoping to catch a game next season with my daughter and son-in-law. He’s never been.

Sorry. I really rambled through that response.
You didn't embarrass them because of your behavior, you embarrassed them over their poor choice in NFL teams. Just retelling the story takes me to many fond memories of going ape**** over my team. Isn't that what football is about beyond the athletes in shoulder pads and tight pants? Besides, the Bears colors (along with many other teams, yeah I'm talking about you Green Bay) don't look good on anyone.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
You didn't embarrass them because of your behavior, you embarrassed them over their poor choice in NFL teams. Just retelling the story takes me to many fond memories of going ape**** over my team. Isn't that what football is about beyond the athletes in shoulder pads and tight pants? Besides, the Bears colors (along with many other teams, yeah I'm talking about you Green Bay) don't look good on anyone.

It was a fantastic game! I had a great time with my daughter, even though I hate just being in that city (unfortunately I have to fly through there this coming week…), and I have made no apologies for my enthusiasm for my team.

There was one “black eye” on the trip that I won’t forgive my boss’s wife for (looking back there seems to be a lot of people in my life that treated me crappy that I still need to purge…). She accused me, in front of my daughter, in public at an intersection and in front of strangers, of being anorexic and and telling me I need to start eating. I have never been anorexic and I love to eat, I just happened to regularly exercise BECAUSE I love to eat. She was and is overweight, and so there’s that. More jealousy. In fact, quite the opposite of her accusation is true… I actually had trouble back in the day controlling my eating. I still have to be careful and monitor what and how much I eat, more so because of the health problems I’ve had.

Okay, enough of that. Today is turning into a therapy session for me with all of you people:huh:

Xelda

Reaction score
Ah Montanalo, dusting to Let It Go must be a classic. I used to dance with the vacuum until momma relegated me to a more confined space for my antics, the bathroom. That is until I had the bright idea to use that toilet bowl brush like a tomahawk and chase my sister and brother around the yard yelling "I'm the turd fairy!" When I'd get a pop on them, I'd yell "You're a turd". Everyone in the house was either running from me or trying to catch me. I was a fast weasel on a mission. I had to surrender my magic wand after momma apprehended me for an alleged infraction against my siblings. I think that ended all hopes of ever getting recruited to Fairy Godmother University.

1. Not too far from here
2. I don't know. I'll surprise myself on Christmas.
3. I don't remember where, but I remember who

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was a fantastic game! I had a great time with my daughter, even though I hate just being in that city (unfortunately I have to fly through there this coming week…), and I have made no apologies for my enthusiasm for my team.

There was one “black eye” on the trip that I won’t forgive my boss’s wife for (looking back there seems to be a lot of people in my life that treated me crappy that I still need to purge…). She accused me, in front of my daughter, in public at an intersection and in front of strangers, of being anorexic and and telling me I need to start eating. I have never been anorexic and I love to eat, I just happened to regularly exercise BECAUSE I love to eat. She was and is overweight, and so there’s that. More jealousy. In fact, quite the opposite of her accusation is true… I actually had trouble back in the day controlling my eating. I still have to be careful and monitor what and how much I eat, more so because of the health problems I’ve had.

Okay, enough of that. Today is turning into a therapy session for me with all of you people:huh:
I guarantee that everyone who heard her call you anorexic knew it came from a place of self loathing.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Ah Montanalo, dusting to Let It Go must be a classic. I used to dance with the vacuum until momma relegated me to a more confined space for my antics, the bathroom. That is until I had the bright idea to use that toilet bowl brush like a tomahawk and chase my sister and brother around the yard yelling "I'm the turd fairy!" When I'd get a pop on them, I'd yell "You're a turd". Everyone in the house was either running from me or trying to catch me. I was a fast weasel on a mission. I had to surrender my magic wand after momma apprehended me for an alleged infraction against my siblings. I think that ended all hopes of ever getting recruited to Fairy Godmother University.

1. Not too far from here
2. I don't know. I'll surprise myself on Christmas.
3. I don't remember where, but I remember who
Turd fairy

:lmao2:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Fat people love fat people. They're the jolliest bunch of aholes around this time of year because of a fat man not afraid to wear red. Yeah, they sing about his rosy red cheeks but how many chins is he sporting neath that beard? Those elves are tiny because he's hoggin' the yuletide buffet in Santaville. The elves have warnings posted all over "Do Not Dress Like a Cookie".

You be you and you do you because I love you just the way you are. Ugh, Billy Joel just creeped into my head. He'll get out soon enough when he sees who all else is in there.

Therapy? One patient and many therapists, I like those odds.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Fat people love fat people. They're the jolliest bunch of aholes around this time of year because of a fat man not afraid to wear red. Yeah, they sing about his rosy red cheeks but how many chins is he sporting neath that beard? Those elves are tiny because he's hoggin' the yuletide buffet in Santaville. The elves have warnings posted all over "Do Not Dress Like a Cookie".

You be you and you do you because I love you just the way you are. Ugh, Billy Joel just creeped into my head. He'll get out soon enough when he sees who all else is in there.

Therapy? One patient and many therapists, I like those odds.

I don’t care about the size of a person. I care about the person. I don’t mind a bit of fluff. Lord knows I have plenty of my own “scars”, both real and otherwise.

I’m a good person that can’t seem to be happy alone in life… like… I always care about others and I just want someone to feel the same about me that wants me as part of their life. I don’t do “alone” well at all and I’m running low on tolerance.

Idk why people have to play games and be so judgmental. That hurts.

kskboys

Reaction score
I don’t care about the size of a person. I care about the person. I don’t mind a bit of fluff. Lord knows I have plenty of my own “scars”, both real and otherwise.

I’m a good person that can’t seem to be happy alone in life… like… I always care about others and I just want someone to feel the same about me that wants me as part of their life. I don’t do “alone” well at all and I’m running low on tolerance.

I also was made to be part of a duo. I was lucky and found the wifey. We are perfect together.

I fully understand why Charles Boyer took his own life 3 days after his wife died. Huge screen star, but for him there was only one. Not sure what I would do, but I get it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Insecurity, we all keep score in our heads and are afraid of not measuring up. It's just human nature. Everybody else seems prettier, slimmer, richer, happier and has it made compared to ourselves and that's judging the book by its cover but we do that anyway.

I get the "alone" part but I have always been the loneliest around people and not as lonely when alone. I was dependent on my wife as the gatherer of friends because she was a magnet and if they didn't come through my job, I preferred to be alone. I really don't know why that is because making people laugh is the greatest joy I have ever had and I need to be around them to do that unless I attempt to do that here, which I have been doing since I first signed up on the old site. But there's no payoff, nothing to validate my value. But that is the reason I come here anyway.

At some point, we all have to confront that person in the mirror with no facade or false beliefs just because we want it that way. If we like what we see, what is really inside, it does not matter what anyone else thinks or however they want to judge us.

I see you through your words and I like what I see. If we were all to meet, that initial sizing up that happens within us would not be there because we already know more about what's inside. First impressions are seldom lasting when we meet people for the first time because of our own filters at work.

People are like bagels. They all look like they'll be good but some are just bread and do not have the substance of a real bagel.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good victory morning Pops and Friends,

A win is a win is a win... very pleased with the defense; just hope the offense awakens soon. Not complaining, though, as 10 - 4 and the second seed it pretty good

Pre-Christmas party was a big success: everyone enjoyed themselves, they ate most of the food (meaning, limited leftovers in the fridge - yeah!), political discussion was civil and, no one got embarrassingly drunk.

Well, we're definitely headed toward a white Christmas. It's 15 F and snowing sideways and... snow is predicted everyday this week.

Hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas week!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good victory morning Pops and Friends,

A win is a win is a win... very pleased with the defense; just hope the offense awakens soon. Not complaining, though, as 10 - 4 and the second seed it pretty good

Pre-Christmas party was a big success: everyone enjoyed themselves, they ate most of the food (meaning, limited leftovers in the fridge - yeah!), political discussion was civil and, no one got embarrassingly drunk.

Well, we're definitely headed toward a white Christmas. It's 15 F and snowing sideways and... snow is predicted everyday this week.

Hope all of you have a wonderful Christmas week!
I don't live where you are,so that helps!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. I read where if we lose out and Philthy wins out, and 24 other games go their way, they would be NFCE champs. I'd say the division is ours.:laugh: We still have a shot at #1 seed in the playoffs if the Pluckers lose one. Plus, the Rams have to win out, or something like that. It's all too complicated for my simple mind.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Popsadoodles. Go Cowboys! Find that early season form on offense and show the NFL we're through playing their games. Refs are going to try to stop us in these last three games and yes, I'm a conspiracy theorist when it comes to refs and my Cowboys. We can leave no doubt on the score board. Let's do it!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone from the kitchen table at my daughter's house in sunny Virginia Beach (I say house, not home, for a reason... for now... it's a work in progress... a bit of tension in the air between these two, which I expected... I just didn't think it would be this bad :eek:).

Arrived late Tuesday evening and had a busy day yesterday so just really getting a chance now to sit and give attention to important details, like this thread.

So far everything seems 'okay' with my world. When I landed at O'Hare (a/k/a Cootieville, Illinois) it wasn't all that crowded considering I was traveling mid-afternoon and it was only a few days until the big guy with the red suit and white beard makes his appearance. That morphed quickly from semi-peaceful to buzzing with psychotic activity as my two-hour layover drug on. Talk about feeling trapped and helpless! My goodness!! From my gate being changed to one a ten minute walk away, to seeing the back-end excitement of one traveler's run-in with the police (not me ;)), and the rude travelers (because we ALL know only a select few actually had places to go, unlike the rest of us who were there just to wreak havoc on their plans (extreme sarcasm inflected there, in case you didn't catch that...) ) the chaos grew and grew. I couldn't wait to get on that plane to Norfolk and get out of there. I doubt that my lack of love for that City will ever change. Once I got on my next flight though, such peace. I had my row of seats to myself, managed to figure out the WiFi login on the plane, and was actually able to watch a full movie in-flight as well as text with my daughter while several tens of thousands of feet in the air.

Skip Wednesday's running here and there and everywhere trying to manage last minute stuff... and on to today where I have a little peace and quiet before everyone else gets up and moving for the day. Hell, I've been up by myself for two hours, showered, dressed and now enjoying a cup of dark roast waiting on that son-in-law of mine to roll out and get this breakfast made he promised us last evening (drumming fingers... waiting patiently hoping the growling in my stomach will be loud enough to carry up the stairs and wake his sleeping butt). Anywaaaaayy, on today's schedule is some preliminary food prep for dinner tomorrow (they are doing their main meal Christmas Eve day when the in-laws come in), and making cookie dough so we can do some baking and deco later.

Hope all this makes sense as I really don't want to go back and edit anything...

Merry/Happy Christmas Eve-Eve to you all. If I don't have a chance to check in before flying back (early Sunday morning), I wish for you all Blessings and the very best and so much happiness on this holiday!

Love to you all!!