FEATURED Morning Pops!

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Evening Pops and friends. Hope all goes well Jan. My 9 year old granddaughter tested positive 2 weeks ago after a family gathering. She was back to normal in 3 days. No one else got the bug thank goodness.
Once this pandemic is history, all nations should declare a global holiday.
Take care everyone

Yeah, it’s my 10yo grandson that has it. He was sick yesterday, better this morning, then got sick again tonight so they tested and found out he was positive. Terrible… both he and my daughter are physically ill. Son-in-law positive but no signs yet. Other two kids in their household we can only assume are positive as well. Thankfully (?) Dustin’s daughter doesn’t live with them so presumably she’s okay as she went back to her moms the same day I left.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. My wife and I have an appointment to be tested for covid. Our California granddaughter, who was here for Christmas has tested positive. I feel many of the symptoms including fatigue, sore throat, coughing and runny nose. We are self quarantining until the test.

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and pen pals. My wife and I have an appointment to be tested for covid. Our California granddaughter, who was here for Christmas has tested positive. I feel many of the symptoms including fatigue, sore throat, coughing and runny nose. We are self quarantining until the test.
Please don't let it get out of hand, Leon. Our thinking is in line with the flu as this must be the worst of it, I'll feel better tomorrow. You won't and it's doing more damage each day.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Best of luck, Dix! If you do have it, I hope the symptoms are very mild.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and you prayerful Pops peeps, so far, so good.

Met with my oncologist this morning, after the labs, 6 weeks after our first meeting. She was visibly surprised and elated and gave me a 9 out of 10 on the entire lab report and a 10 on the liver, the one that concerns them the most. She said whatever you are doing, keep it up because she couldn't see any progress in the cancer. She said unless there is a change, 8 weeks will do for my next checkup. However, only a PETscan will give them a truer reading. We decided to put that off since I really struggled with this last one when they tied my arms up.

RBC was down a little and she asked me if I had given up red meat as part of my dietary change and I said I had and she said I should add some back in for the RBC and red wine can't hurt. A prescription for steak and red wine? Why didn't I get sick earlier? Wonder what I have to get for margaritas and Tex-Mex?

I am not delusional or in denial of what I have and the prognosis but I haven't had any good news in so long that this hit me at a most welcome time. Christmas and New Year's really sucked because I couldn't see family and I had to fight shout outs from the dark places.

Mika, my oncologist, looked at me and smiled behind the mask and said "you just continue to be this mystery and I hope this continues".

Speaking of masks, and I was, I have had 5 ERCP's, MRI, PETscan and 2 surgeries and have never seen anyone's face. I couldn't sue them for malpractice if I wanted to because I can't identify any of them. I feel like I've been going to a clinic run by bank robbers.

This is part of the blessing versus the curse of this diagnosis, in the past I would have played the other shoe, what does the future hold? But screw that, I am going barefoot right now, right now in the here and now. That here and now I always took for granted because I know now and it can be there and gone in a hummingbird's heartbeat.

So, here I am, exactly 3 months into a 6 month death sentence and holding my own against the monster without the chemo. I know, doesn't mean things can't change but part of the reason I am where I am is because of my positive mental attitude and belief my body wants to meet the monster on its own. Not weakened by the very treatment usually administered.

Thank you to those that have kept me in their prayers. I appreciate that and this thread more than you will ever know.

Last edited:

GrammaJan

Reaction score

Met with my oncologist this morning, after the labs, 6 weeks after our first meeting. She was visibly surprised and elated and gave me a 9 put of 10 on the entire lab report and a 10 on the liver, the one that concerns them the most. She said whatever you are doing, keep it up because she couldn't see any progress in the cancer. She said unless there is a change, 8 weeks will do for my next checkup. However, only a PETscan will give them a truer reading. We decided to put that off since I really struggled with this last one when they tied my arms up.

RBC was down a little and she asked me if I had given up red meat as part of my dietary change and I said I had and she said I should add some back in for the RBC and red wine can't hurt. A prescription for steak and red wine? Why didn't I get sick earlier? Wonder what I have to get for margaritas and Tex-Mex?

I am not delusional or in denial of what I have and the prognosis but I haven't had any good news in so long that this hit me at a most welcome time. Christmas and New Year's really sucked because I couldn't see family and I had to fight shout outs from the dark places.

Mika, my oncologist, looked at me and smiled behind the mask and said "you just continue to be this mystery and I hope this continues".

Speaking of masks, and I was, I have had 5 ERCP's, MRI, PETscan and 2 surgeries and have never seen anyone's face. I couldn't sue them for malpractice if I wanted to because I can't identify any of them. I feel like I've been going to a clinic run by bank robbers.

This is part of the blessing versus the curse of this diagnosis, in the past I would have played the other shoe, what does the future hold? But screw that, I am going barefoot right now, right now in the here and now. That here and now I always took for granted because I know now and it can be there and gone in a humminmgbird's heartbeat.

So, here I am, exactly 3 months into a 6 month death sentence and holding my own against the monster without the chemo. I know, doesn't mean things can't change but part of the reason I am where I am is because of my positive mental attitude and belief my body wants to meet the monster on its own. Not weakened by the very treatment usually administered.

Thank you to those that have kept me in their prayers. I appreciate that and this thread more than you will ever know.

Keep up the good fight, Coach! We’re all rooting for you!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Met with my oncologist this morning, after the labs, 6 weeks after our first meeting. She was visibly surprised and elated and gave me a 9 put of 10 on the entire lab report and a 10 on the liver, the one that concerns them the most. She said whatever you are doing, keep it up because she couldn't see any progress in the cancer. She said unless there is a change, 8 weeks will do for my next checkup. However, only a PETscan will give them a truer reading. We decided to put that off since I really struggled with this last one when they tied my arms up.

This is part of the blessing versus the curse of this diagnosis, in the past I would have played the other shoe, what does the future hold? But screw that, I am going barefoot right now, right now in the here and now. That here and now I always took for granted because I know now and it can be there and gone in a humminmgbird's heartbeat.

Friggin' great news, CC! Hopefully the news just keeps getting better!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Congratulations, CC... I expect you to post on this forum for a long, long time!!

Xelda

Reaction score

Met with my oncologist this morning, after the labs, 6 weeks after our first meeting. She was visibly surprised and elated and gave me a 9 out of 10 on the entire lab report and a 10 on the liver, the one that concerns them the most. She said whatever you are doing, keep it up because she couldn't see any progress in the cancer. She said unless there is a change, 8 weeks will do for my next checkup. However, only a PETscan will give them a truer reading. We decided to put that off since I really struggled with this last one when they tied my arms up.

Thank you for making this a Happy New Year after all. We're not just pulling for you, we're willing to drag you to more good reports. Don't stop believing!

Xelda

Reaction score
Evening Pops and everyone. Coming up on halftime, and I have one comment.

CAN WE PLEASE SHOP FOR A NEW KICKER?

Thank you. That is all.
Enjoy your weekend.
I know the job of a kicker is difficult, it requires strength, coordination, knowledge and apparently a broken lucky rabbit's foot in our kicker's case. He's cost us at least two games this season. How pretty would we be sitting now if we'd won against Tampa and Arizona? It would mean the road to the Super Bowl runs through Dallas. Our players would have time to get their tootsies pampered next week instead of slugging it out with lesser teams that risks injury to some of our best players. I wasn't going to say it, but my butt puckers every time Zuerlein hits the field. I miss Dan Bailey. Dan didn't cost us games, he won us some games to where other NFL players said they were going to buy a Bailey jersey. He didn't cause my body to react negatively when he took the field. End rant for this post. To be picked up at a moment's notice. Y'all will see it coming.

For today though, we bask in our win and possibly grumble about how our 51 should have been 55. It was against the Eagles so every :star: point counts.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
I know the job of a kicker is difficult, it requires strength, coordination, knowledge and apparently a broken lucky rabbit's foot in our kicker's case. He's cost us at least two games this season. How pretty would we be sitting now if we'd won against Tampa and Arizona? It would mean the road to the Super Bowl runs through Dallas. Our players would have time to get their tootsies pampered next week instead of slugging it out with lesser teams that risks injury to some of our best players. I wasn't going to say it, but my butt puckers every time Zuerlein hits the field. I miss Dan Bailey. Dan didn't cost us games, he won us some games to where other NFL players said they were going to buy a Bailey jersey. He didn't cause my body to react negatively when he took the field. End rant for this post. To be picked up at a moment's notice. Y'all will see it coming.

For today though, we bask in our win and possibly grumble about how our 51 should have been 55. It was against the Eagles so every :star: point counts.
A thousand amens, sister!!!