FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Friends,

I really feel for you folks in the south. What an unbelievable and dangerous heatwave. It's hitting the mid-80's in NW Montana and I feel like I am baking. My mother, who lives in San Antonio, said temperatures were above 100F for several days.... yet another reason to retire in Montanalo land.
You would think we are fully baked by now, but plenty of us still running around half baked.

On a separate note, my baby is in the shop getting a new power steering pump. With an empty garage, I've had nothing but nightmares about running everywhere. People out to torture and kill me? I'ma runnin'! Sort of like Forrest Gump. At least I'm getting lots of exercise in my dreams. That counts.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You would think we are fully baked by now, but plenty of us still running around half baked.

On a separate note, my baby is in the shop getting a new power steering pump. With an empty garage, I've had nothing but nightmares about running everywhere. People out to torture and kill me? I'ma runnin'! Sort of like Forrest Gump. At least I'm getting lots of exercise in my dreams. That counts.
Only if you wake up in a sweat.

Xelda

Reaction score
Only if you wake up in a sweat.
I do sweat with my heart racing and bedding almost off the bed. Three nights ago, the nightmare was so bad that I swore off sleeping. I woke up around 1:30 and refused to go back to bed. The last two nights I've prayed for protection over my mind and had solid sleep. I plan to continue praying, so I guess I'll have to exercise during the day.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I do sweat with my heart racing and bedding almost off the bed. Three nights ago, the nightmare was so bad that I swore off sleeping. I woke up around 1:30 and refused to go back to bed. The last two nights I've prayed for protection over my mind and had solid sleep. I plan to continue praying, so I guess I'll have to exercise during the day.
See, I just tell my brain to have good dreams, as I try to fall asleep. Works every time...I assume.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
X girl, your dreams could be an amusement park.

I have been experiencing dreaming unlike any I've ever had. I don't know if I have shared this before but ever since my gall bladder decided to get stoned and go south, I have to get up to pee between 5-6 times every night and they don't know why and don't seemed inclined to try and do anything about it. Like my shoulder and hernia, it's down the priority list. It's not the prostate, that was ruled out early on.

The weird part is I will awaken from a dream, and most of mine are just like conversational dreams not crazy or scary, and then I go back and continue the dream. I have gone as far as three episodes of a dream. I usually sleep between one and two hours at a time and I take a couple of naps during the day with no dreams. I can remember having great dreams and wishing I could get back to it but could not. I don't even have to try now, it's like my dream goes on pause for the cause.

I find it interesting that my dreams are so ordinary considering the life I am living waiting for the other shoe to drop. I am spending my life keeping me alive. That's nuts when you consider when I was diagnosed I was OK and could take life or leave it. But that's when it was my idea.

Several weeks ago at the Monkey's Paw store another client asked me "what do you do for a living"? I smiled at her and said "this. Staying alive is my living." This led to a discussion and I made a new friend, Vivian, even though I shared my thoughts with her. Usually I share my thoughts as human repellent. I think they think 'damn, if he'll say this to a stranger, what would he say if I got to know him better'?

I used to use an expression when strange things happened and it was my all encompassing explanation for why we are all here, "ain't life weird"? How can anyone respond other than "yep, it is" to that? Most people who know me would not respond "how so"? But over the last 9 months, I have discovered how truly weird it can be. Might be why I am still hanging around 3 months past my expiration date, I want to see how much weirder it can get. Because it can always get weirder.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
X girl, your dreams could be an amusement park.

I have been experiencing dreaming unlike any I've ever had. I don't know if I have shared this before but ever since my gall bladder decided to get stoned and go south, I have to get up to pee between 5-6 times every night and they don't know why and don't seemed inclined to try and do anything about it. Like my shoulder and hernia, it's down the priority list. It's not the prostate, that was ruled out early on.

The weird part is I will awaken from a dream, and most of mine are just like conversational dreams not crazy or scary, and then I go back and continue the dream. I have gone as far as three episodes of a dream. I usually sleep between one and two hours at a time and I take a couple of naps during the day with no dreams. I can remember having great dreams and wishing I could get back to it but could not. I don't even have to try now, it's like my dream goes on pause for the cause.

I find it interesting that my dreams are so ordinary considering the life I am living waiting for the other shoe to drop. I am spending my life keeping me alive. That's nuts when you consider when I was diagnosed I was OK and could take life or leave it. But that's when it was my idea.

Several weeks ago at the Monkey's Paw store another client asked me "what do you do for a living"? I smiled at her and said "this. Staying alive is my living." This led to a discussion and I made a new friend, Vivian, even though I shared my thoughts with her. Usually I share my thoughts as human repellent. I think they think 'damn, if he'll say this to a stranger, what would he say if I got to know him better'?

I used to use an expression when strange things happened and it was my all encompassing explanation for why we are all here, "ain't life weird"? How can anyone respond other than "yep, it is" to that? Most people who know me would not respond "how so"? But over the last 9 months, I have discovered how truly weird it can be. Might be why I am still hanging around 3 months past my expiration date, I want to see how much weirder it can get. Because it can always get weirder.
I had my gallbladder removed 20 years ago, but I don't recall when I started waking to pee every 2 hours. Those are the dreams I usually remember; the "I gotta pee, but something's always stopping me from getting to a toilet." dreams. Sometimes I'm right outside a bathroom door, but when I go inside, there are all kinds of things that aren't meant to be peed on, so I go farther into the back of the bathroom, which is suddenly out of town, and all the toilets are in the middle of town, so I have to find my way back. Usually by then, I wake up, so I guess I dream that I can't find a place to pee, just so I don't pee before I wake up.

It's kind of like that thing they say - If you die in your dream, you die in real life. Well, I've died in several dreams, and woke up disappointed most of the time.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good evening Pops and Friends,

One week into the grandkids visit and this is what I hear from the front seat as I am driving them to Flathead Lake:

Granddaughter: You’re a poop head
Grandson: No, you're the poop head
Granddaughter: Hey, look, a baby deer!
Grandson: Yes! You’re still a poophead.

Somehow, I feel my cognitive abilities have diminished a fare amount... Nonetheless, I am having a good time.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

One week into the grandkids visit and this is what I hear from the front seat as I am driving them to Flathead Lake:

Somehow, I feel my cognitive abilities have diminished a fare amount... Nonetheless, I am having a good time.
If you want to be around them without feeling your IQ drop, you need to teach them to say "fecal cranium".

Xelda

Reaction score

I'm glad you're having fun, poop head. :lmao2:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm glad you're having fun, poop head. :lmao2:
No, you're the poop head... :muttley:

Today, we hiked a portion of the Kootenai River not too far from the intersection of Montana, Idaho and Alberta. I was treated to an endless string of "dad" jokes. My favorite:

How does Lady Gaga like her steak? Raw raw, raw raw raw.

I'm here every Thursday and Friday.

:lmao2:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and Weekenders.

Strange as it is, I am retired, now 6 years, and still try to celebrate the weekends with my libations, weekend coffee cup and underwear. Don't give me that look, weekend underwear is a requirement because I am wearing something that would be considered inappropriate for the workplace, even if I am wearing pants. The ladies know. Oh yes, they know when CC is donned in his frisky and frolicky fannyloons.

I hope the weather is nicer where you are and I hope you are nice enough to keep that to yourself. Montalano is really close to me sending the bears a case of honey for a hit.

Make it a fine weekend and remember what poor ole CC had to remind himself of on Saturday's. I am still closer to last Friday than next Monday.

Last edited:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry folks, if I have to listen to dad jokes, then I have to share them. The latest additions:

What's the difference between a well-dressed man on a unicycle and a poorly-dressed man on a bicycle? Attire.

I hate my job—all I do is crush cans all day. It’s soda pressing.

Where do pirates get their hooks? Second hand stores.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry folks, if I have to listen to dad jokes, then I have to share them. The latest additions:

What's the difference between a well-dressed man on a unicycle and a poorly-dressed man on a bicycle? Attire.

When my niece was a kid, she asked me, "What does does a 200 pound frog say?"

"I don't know. What does a 200 pound frog say?"

"QUAAAAACCCKKK!!!"

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
LOL. They're adorable.
Was thinking of you with that dust storm. Unbelievable!
It was truly tragic. It is not unusual to experience very high winds along I90 an I80 (southern Wyoming), but it is very odd to encounter dust storms with zero visibility. Typically, you only experience these sort of conditions during a winter blizzard.

Xelda

Reaction score
True story: Two mornings ago, or as I like to call it, prime sleeping time, I had a dream. I was laying down in a field with farm animals near by. Something started walking over to me, it was one of those Serta Sleep Number Sheep. It was chewing on some hay, got up close to my face and looking down on me asked "Are you ever going to get up?". Dad gummed meddling sheep.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
True story: Two mornings ago, or as I like to call it, prime sleeping time, I had a dream. I was laying down in a field with farm animals near by. Something started walking over to me, it was one of those Serta Sleep Number Sheep. It was chewing on some hay, got up close to my face and looking down on me asked "Are you ever going to get up?". Dad gummed meddling sheep.
Next time, sleep with a hammer.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

My dad has Alzheimer’s and has slipped into major cognitive decline. But one of the last jokes I remember him telling me a couple of years ago with a gleam in his eye was this:
Q- “What do you call a large group of athletes watching the Super Bowl on TV together?”
A- “The Dallas Cowboys”.