FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My friends, need those good thoughts and prayers coming my way tomorrow.

My labs were done on Friday, a week ago, and as they began to drift in, I was fist pumping because I had brought one of the tumor markers back down and that last liver enzyme reading back into normal and was looking at the best lab report I've had since all of this started in October. Then came Sunday and that old feeling was back that my old enemy, Bilirubin, was back in my body where it did not belong.

I met with the oncologist last Wednesday and she came in glowing and was really proud of my lab report and I sprung the news on her and she immediately ordered a new liver panel and just like that, all the work went downhill in a matter of two days. The three enzyme counts are through the roof and my Bilirubin went from .5 to 5.6 and is much higher now as the itching and yellowing of my eyes and skin started and I am exhausted and miserable with this skin crawling effect every waking minute.

I have an ERCP, my 5th one, scheduled for tomorrow morning as a cleanout procedure of the stent in my bile duct but I have a bad feeling about this. The surgery that the oncology surgeon could not complete was to repair and salvage whatever was left of by damaged bile duct and he did not get that far. They did the next best thing and installed a more permanent stent and the good news is the doc that did that told me I would most likely have to have a cleanout in about 12 months and Friday will be 10 months. But he thought he was talking to a dead man walking and probably didn't think I would make that anyway. All of the docs follow the data.

I can't shake this feeling, and it is the same one I had before that surgery, that this is not going well, that is it more than a clogged stent. And there are no other options because I can't have surgery and there is no way to get the Bilirubin out of my system.

I keep telling myself that the exhaustion is bringing me down because I have not slept over 30 minutes at a time since Friday and I am concerned all the good work my body has been doing to keep the cancer at bay is now back focused on the Bilirubin invasion and even if this is just a clogged stent, cancer will have gotten stronger and taken advantage, which is what the monster does.

So, I need those good thoughts and prayers you guys are so adept at because I believe they work.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score

My labs were done on Friday, a week ago, and as they began to drift in, I was fist pumping because I had brought one of the tumor markers back down and that last liver enzyme reading back into normal and was looking at the best lab report I've had since all of this started in October. Then came Sunday and that old feeling was back that my old enemy, Bilirubin, was back in my body where it did not belong.

I met with the oncologist last Wednesday and she came in glowing and was really proud of my lab report and I sprung the news on her and she immediately ordered a new liver panel and just like that, all the work went downhill in a matter of two days. The three enzyme counts are through the roof and my Bilirubin went from .5 to 5.6 and is much higher now as the itching and yellowing of my eyes and skin started and I am exhausted and miserable with this skin crawling effect every waking minute.

I have an ERCP, my 5th one, scheduled for tomorrow morning as a cleanout procedure of the stent in my bile duct but I have a bad feeling about this. The surgery that the oncology surgeon could not complete was to repair and salvage whatever was left of by damaged bile duct and he did not get that far. They did the next best thing and installed a more permanent stent and the good news is the doc that did that told me I would most likely have to have a cleanout in about 12 months and Friday will be 10 months. But he thought he was talking to a dead man walking and probably didn't think I would make that anyway. All of the docs follow the data.

I can't shake this feeling, and it is the same one I had before that surgery, that this is not going well, that is it more than a clogged stent. And there are no other options because I can't have surgery and there is no way to get the Bilirubin out of my system.

I keep telling myself that the exhaustion is bringing me down because I have not slept over 30 minutes at a time since Friday and I am concerned all the good work my body has been doing to keep the cancer at bay is now back focused on the Bilirubin invasion and even if this is just a clogged stent, cancer will have gotten stronger and taken advantage, which is what the monster does.

So, I need those good thoughts and prayers you guys are so adept at because I believe they work.
Coming your way pal. It was a tough enough read, I almost couldn't bring myself to "like" it. We've been friends for years and shared a crap-ton of fun times. And I think that is reason enough to move forward positive. Thoughts & prayers are easy to say, but I'm all in and they're coming. A lot of them. You may want to reserve some for later because there's that many coming. When things straighten out, maybe give me some back. I am part Native American, so yes, you can Indian give prayers. You're a great man CC and I'd gladly switch things around if I could. Next time you see a nurse and think of grabassing, just think: What would G2 do" and blame the assault on your illness.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

My friend, you always have my best thoughts... always! I'll try to strengthen the signal, so let this message serve as an antenna, so my best thoughts and wishes are guaranteed to reach you.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I really appreciate your sharing the latest results and your concerns. I was just thinking this past weekend that we haven't heard much from you lately.

Of course, you have my prayers and best wishes. I continue to be amazed by your attitude and demeanor- you're an inspiration!

GrammaJan

Reaction score

Sending up prayers for you, Coach

Cowboys_22

Reaction score

Praying for a good report amigo. We need you and your words of wisdom to stick around for a long long time.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Sending all the best to you my friend.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Thinking of you my friend. Stay strong….:starspin::starspin::starspin:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
G'day Pops and you Prayerful types and Good Thought throwers, I believe you worked again.

Just got back from the "procedure" and while my mouth and throat are sore, he's pretty sure the clogged stent was the culprit. In recovery, he brought me pics to brag about and don't know about you, I assume there's a reason why we're covered with skin and can't see our organs because it would ick us out. They showed them to my son and he told the nurse "well, that's a side of my Dad I've not seen before".

I want you to know that I just felt better sharing my fears with you folks because I had been keeping them to myself and could feel them taking root and growing. Knowing you are there and that you care means a lot to me. I suggest that if any of you are feeling the need, just reach out, that's what this thread is all about. Worked for me.

The maddening symptoms should recede over the next 24-48 hours. One of my nurses suggested I wear socks on my hands at night like a baby because I had pretty much clawed my back up.

The reason I am still here, 10 months on Friday, is because of my positive mental attitude but that doesn't just come from me, it is bolstered by the support I receive from friends I've only seen in my mind. I pull strength from Pop's thread and I think he would feel really good about that.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
G'day Pops and you Prayerful types and Good Thought throwers, I believe you worked again.

Just got back from the "procedure" and while my mouth and throat are sore, he's pretty sure the clogged stent was the culprit. In recovery, he brought me pics to brag about and don't know about you, I assume there's a reason why we're covered with skin and can't see our organs because it would ick us out. They showed them to my son and he told the nurse "well, that's a side of my Dad I've not seen before".

I want you to know that I just felt better sharing my fears with you folks because I had been keeping them to myself and could feel them taking root and growing. Knowing you are there and that you care means a lot to me. I suggest that if any of you are feeling the need, just reach out, that's what this thread is all about. Worked for me.

The maddening symptoms should recede over the next 24-48 hours. One of my nurses suggested I wear socks on my hands at night like a baby because I had pretty much clawed my back up.

The reason I am still here, 10 months on Friday, is because of my positive mental attitude but that doesn't just come from me, it is bolstered by the support I receive from friends I've only seen in my mind. I pull strength from Pop's thread and I think he would feel really good about that.
:clap::clap::clap:

GrammaJan

Reaction score

:):rolleyes: Great news Coach!! The feeling’s mutual!

A gathering of the many minds that are this thread would be fun so you wouldn’t have to imagine the faces that go with the personalities!… and even though I’d be fearful of the “ohhh now I get it” side eye I’m sure to get (o_O), I’d attend… just sayin’…

:D

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:):rolleyes: Great news Coach!! The feeling’s mutual!

A gathering of the many minds that are this thread would be fun so you wouldn’t have to imagine the faces that go with the personalities!… and even though I’d be fearful of the “ohhh now I get it” side eye I’m sure to get (o_O), I’d attend… just sayin’…

:D
Dear Lady, when I made that suggestion, I was thinking of you. Do not keep to yourself what can be shared by and with others.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
CC, I can't express my joy at this news well enough without swearing, so I'll leave it up to you to place the proper expletives in their respective places.

Man, it out a big smile on my face to read the good news this morning, my friend! I hope the news just keeps getting better and better, to point that they have to rewrite the medical journals!!

Congratulations, brother!

Xelda

Reaction score

This is wonderful news! Thank you so much for sharing . We're with you every step of the way Coachadoodles if you allow us. You matter!.