FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops, Coach and everyone.

Montanalo… I’m in Illinois. We are getting a glorious wallop of winter weather this week. Heavy wet snow on Tuesday and we are getting slammed again today! Blizzard-like conditions expected later today and tomorrow. I LOVE THE SNOW and I’m actually jealous of those who get a regular dose. I think it’s time to move again…
See, this is why you and I can only be friends online.

kskboys

Reaction score
To everyone in this thread… it was a relief to hear the tickets got sold. Anyone who thought about buying it even just passed the weird asking, thank you! I really wish I could’ve helped them out and bought them myself, but thankfully someone did.

Truth? The whole household, including the newborn (almost 3 mo) contracted bronchitis from an outside party that was visiting. Extremely dangerous for the baby and he still struggles with breathing. He and his sister were put on breathing treatments… it’s just a mess. I wish I could go out and help them, I just don’t have the travel funds until after tax time. To top it off my daughter found out today she has to have surgery due to a complication from childbirth. Things just aren’t going well and funds are extremely tight.

It hurts so much and I can’t help but cry seeing videos of the baby struggling with breathing. I’m not wired to sit and do nothing. I dig in and help people and give all I can, even to the point that I’ll go without so someone else can have, so being this far away and not being able to help is extremely difficult. I’ve been blessed to be able to have the things I have, and while I’m not well off by any stretch, I know I have it better than many so I do all I can and never ask for anything in return. When I buy a stranger’s groceries at the store they only get my first name if they ask, along with the wish for a blessed day.

I’ve rambled enough here…

Xelda, I hope you are doing as well as can be and even exceeding expectations. I think about everyone here often, even though I don’t post much anymore, and especially wish for y’all to be safe and healthy.

Have a blessed evening, all.
Bless you.

GrammaJan

Reaction score

I quit watching the game before halftime. My heart and mind just can’t take the choking… again. Every. Single. Time. Someone tell me what is wrong with this team. My frustration with the lack of execution is how I ended up on this site in the first place a few years back. Reminds me of when I was married. One let down after another. I stuck with that for 21 years being less than satisfied. I’ve been with this team for darn near 47 years. Idk how much more my heart and head can take. Ugh. I need to think hard about how much more I can give to a bad relationship.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I quit watching the game before halftime. My heart and mind just can’t take the choking… again. Every. Single. Time. Someone tell me what is wrong with this team. My frustration with the lack of execution is how I ended up on this site in the first place a few years back. Reminds me of when I was married. One let down after another. I stuck with that for 21 years being less than satisfied. I’ve been with this team for darn near 47 years. Idk how much more my heart and head can take. Ugh. I need to think hard about how much more I can give to a bad relationship.
Seems like the team got overconfident. As soon as I saw everyone in the pregame show predict a Dallas win, I knew it was over.

Xelda

Reaction score
I haz a major sad Pops, Coachadoodles and Popsadoodles!!!

What a letdown! This was a total team bust.

I was so optimistic this morning that I braved -25 F temperatures to plow several neighbor's roads, including one that is a Packer's fan. I feel like like pushing snow right up to their front door. But i won't
I do hereby through the authority of a Cowboys fan give you permission to block the crap out of their driveway. Up to the front door? You will receive a get out of jail free card. Just saying.

Xelda

Reaction score
Well... it's 1:40 AM, 15 degrees outside and I want egg rolls. I have pizza and chicken pot pies in my freezer, but I want egg rolls. I could order some but the city has shut down. No one has snow chewing tires down here. I have had talks with my taste buds before, but they never listen to me. I am left with an appetite for the unattainable. Freezing weather sucks.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Well... it's 1:40 AM, 15 degrees outside and I want egg rolls. I have pizza and chicken pot pies in my freezer, but I want egg rolls. I could order some but the city has shut down. No one has snow chewing tires down here. I have had talks with my taste buds before, but they never listen to me. I am left with an appetite for the unattainable. Freezing weather sucks.
15? That would be a 30 degree swing in temps for me:). At 5:00 a.m. I’m sitting at a toasty 0, real feel negative 15 and a projected high of +20. Not a fan of the freezing and subzero temps (had some pretty serious frostbite as a kid) but I do love the snow! I shoveled so much of it last week. May get back into the mid to upper thirties next week. That’ll be a huge swing in temps from last weekend when our high was negative 10 to negative 15. I look at it as a test to see if I can survive another winter at the old age of 56. Why? Heck if I know.

Try to stay warm X… and I’m with you. Eggrolls DO sound amazing right now. Like a little inside blankey for my tummy:).

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm in Brooklyn right now, and it's 20°, but breezy. Somehow the winter wind always makes NYC feel colder than anywhere else.

I had on, a T-shirt, sweatshirt, and hoodie, and decided to add my rain jacket under my hoodie, to help against the wind. It actually worked. I just invested in insulated pants (fleece lined) which are so much better than I'd expected. I put my rubber palmed work gloves on, then stuffed my hands inside my leather work gloves, so they were pretty warm for the 5 or 10 minutes I was outside. My knit hat keeps my head warm, under the hood of my rain jacket, under the hood of my hoodie. Now I'm considering wearing one of my pandemic masks to keep my face a little warmer.

Oh, and they use so much salt on the roads here, it looks like dirt roads, spewing up a veritable fog of dryness to make your lungs feel alive.

Cowboys_22

Reaction score
Good morning Pops, CC and friends.

I consider 50°as freezing. 45° is my zero. So that means we are 20° below zero brrRR.

Don’t know how you folks up north of the Texas gulf coast manage during the freezing temps.

Stay warm and come on Cowboys!

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops, CC and Zoner Friends,

Not to be outdone with the weather reports - it's 5 F and snowing sideways... first day above 0 F in nearly a week.

Hey, Runny, if you like the insulated pants, try insulated overalls. I look a little like a stand in for a Yellowstone episode... but, hey, I'm warm. My pride and joy is my Russian fur-lined hat. Got to run... have to plow before we run into town later.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops, CC and Zoner Friends,

Not to be outdone with the weather reports - it's 5 F and snowing sideways... first day above 0 F in nearly a week.

Hey, Runny, if you like the insulated pants, try insulated overalls. I look a little like a stand in for a Yellowstone episode... but, hey, I'm warm. My pride and joy is my Russian fur-lined hat. Got to run... have to plow before we run into town later.
Gonna pass on the overalls. People see me.
:muttley:

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Oh great, while I was rejoicing the fact that temperatures had climbed above 0 F, a blizzard slipped into the forecast. Another foot of snow, high winds and sub zero Temps to-night.

On a more serious note, keep me in mind the next few days... I go for a prostrate biopsy tomorrow. I am not overly concerned. I am your typical OCD engineer, so I have read and researched everything on prostrate cancer... have done my due diligence, so to speak.

I like my doctor - a real no-nonsense guy. So we have a plan(s) for most contingencies.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Oh great, while I was rejoicing the fact that temperatures had climbed above 0 F, a blizzard slipped into the forecast. Another foot of snow, high winds and sub zero Temps to-night.

On a more serious note, keep me in mind the next few days... I go for a prostrate biopsy tomorrow. I am not overly concerned. I am your typical OCD engineer, so I have read and researched everything on prostrate cancer... have done my due diligence, so to speak.

I like my doctor - a real no-nonsense guy. So we have a plan(s) for most contingencies.
Woo hoo! As to the snow.

Not so much as to the exam. Best of luck to you.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Everything...except how to spell 'prostate'. ;) 'Prostrate' means lying face down.

I hope you have an excellent prognosis coming your way!!!

And, my sympathies for the blizzard. If I never experience another snowfall, it'll suit me just fine!