FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
I was afraid the defense was going to give up after the interceptions and fumble. They were magnificent. Now for Jerry to stop payment on Dak's check until he understands that the white jerseys (and sometimes blue) are the targets. My voice went up several octaves as I watched him give the ball to the Steelers. They didn't deserve all those gifts! I actually thanked one Steeler for his penalty that gave us the ball back. There was plenty of dirty playing out there to renew my disdain for Pittsburg. It's all fresh and polished today.

What was up with all the Steeler's tongue flapping on my TV? Also, there was enough spitting to qualify as a baseball game. This would have been in future nightmares if we didn't win.

My stomach was knotted throughout the game. It's awful to need a tranquilizer just to watch your team play. Zach, don't scare me like that again.

We won and lived happily ever after until next week.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I was afraid the defense was going to give up after the interceptions and fumble. They were magnificent. Now for Jerry to stop payment on Dak's check until he understands that the white jerseys (and sometimes blue) are the targets. My voice went up several octaves as I watched him give the ball to the Steelers. They didn't deserve all those gifts! I actually thanked one Steeler for his penalty that gave us the ball back. There was plenty of dirty playing out there to renew my disdain for Pittsburg. It's all fresh and polished today.

What was up with all the Steeler's tongue flapping on my TV? Also, there was enough spitting to qualify as a baseball game. This would have been in future nightmares if we didn't win.

My stomach was knotted throughout the game. It's awful to need a tranquilizer just to watch your team play. Zach, don't scare me like that again.

We won and lived happily ever after until next week.
I'm with ya, Doll. My heart didn't stop pounding in the last ten minutes of the broadcast, even during commercial breaks. I thought I was done with that, but the heart this defense showed pulled me back in.

Xelda

Reaction score
I'm with ya, Doll. My heart didn't stop pounding in the last ten minutes of the broadcast, even during commercial breaks. I thought I was done with that, but the heart this defense showed pulled me back in.
No joke. It was far too late to be that wound up. If we'd lost, I was going to enter the world today and put many people in a bad mood. They're Saints fans, so they don't count. I thought we were doomed with all the injuries, but we've got some up and comers that shone. I was thinking, I need Brandon Aubrey's jersey, this one's, that one's and OH! get his too. Ferguson and Overshown are giving me the feels. The defense and some of the offense stole my heart last night. Free Lombardi Trophy shaped chocolates for all!

Xelda

Reaction score
I found some jokes about each state and wanted to share them with y'all. I suspect I've listed some of them before. I hope they brighten your day.

Four women are driving across the country together, each one from a different state: Idaho, Nebraska, Montana, and California. Shortly after the trip begins, the woman from Idaho pulls potatoes from her bag and throws them out the window. "What are you doing?" asks the Nebraskan.
"We have so many of these things in Idaho, I'm sick of looking at them."
A moment later, the gal from Nebraska pulls ears of corn from her bag and tosses them from the window. "What are you doing?" asks the gal from Montana.
"We have so many of these things in Nebraska, I'm sick of looking at them."
Inspired, the Montanan opens the car door and kicks the Californian out.

What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse's mouth? A mechanic.

When a visitor to a town in Alabama spotted a dog attacking a boy, he grabbed the animal and throttled it with his bare hands. An impressed reporter saw the incident and told him the next day's headline would scream "Valiant Local Man Saves Child by Killing Vicious Animal."
"I'm not from this town," said the hero.
"Then," the reporter said, "it will say 'Alabama Man Saves Child by Killing Dog.'"
"Actually," said the man, "I'm from New Hampshire."
"In that case," the reporter grumbled, "the headline will be 'Yankee Kills Family Pet.'"

An Alaskan was on trial in Anchorage. The prosecutor leaned menacingly toward him and asked, "Where were you on the night of October to April?"

An Arkansas state trooper pulls over a pickup truck on I-40.
He says to the driver, "Got any ID?"
The driver asks, "'Bout what

This is how Chicago got started. A bunch of people in New York said, "Gee, I'm enjoying the crime and the poverty, but it just isn't cold enough."

What differentiates a zoo in Louisiana from other zoos? The Louisiana zoo has a description of the animal on the front of the cage, along with a recipe.

What are the four seasons in Minnesota? Almost winter, winter, still winter, and construction.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I found some jokes about each state and wanted to share them with y'all. I suspect I've listed some of them before. I hope they brighten your day.

Four women are driving across the country together, each one from a different state: Idaho, Nebraska, Montana, and California. Shortly after the trip begins, the woman from Idaho pulls potatoes from her bag and throws them out the window. "What are you doing?" asks the Nebraskan.
"We have so many of these things in Idaho, I'm sick of looking at them."
A moment later, the gal from Nebraska pulls ears of corn from her bag and tosses them from the window. "What are you doing?" asks the gal from Montana.
"We have so many of these things in Nebraska, I'm sick of looking at them."
Inspired, the Montanan opens the car door and kicks the Californian out.

What do you call an Amish guy with his hand in a horse's mouth? A mechanic.

When a visitor to a town in Alabama spotted a dog attacking a boy, he grabbed the animal and throttled it with his bare hands. An impressed reporter saw the incident and told him the next day's headline would scream "Valiant Local Man Saves Child by Killing Vicious Animal."
"I'm not from this town," said the hero.
"Then," the reporter said, "it will say 'Alabama Man Saves Child by Killing Dog.'"
"Actually," said the man, "I'm from New Hampshire."
"In that case," the reporter grumbled, "the headline will be 'Yankee Kills Family Pet.'"

An Alaskan was on trial in Anchorage. The prosecutor leaned menacingly toward him and asked, "Where were you on the night of October to April?"

An Arkansas state trooper pulls over a pickup truck on I-40.
He says to the driver, "Got any ID?"
The driver asks, "'Bout what

This is how Chicago got started. A bunch of people in New York said, "Gee, I'm enjoying the crime and the poverty, but it just isn't cold enough."

What differentiates a zoo in Louisiana from other zoos? The Louisiana zoo has a description of the animal on the front of the cage, along with a recipe.

What are the four seasons in Minnesota? Almost winter, winter, still winter, and construction.
I gotta admit, for just a second I thought you mistyped the Alaska joke. Lol

Those are pretty dang good!
:laugh:

Xelda

Reaction score
As you may be aware, I am a pretend millionaire after winning Who Wants To Be a Millionaire several times online with Google as my go to phone a friend. The biggest headache isn't all the imaginary taxes or phone calls from investors, it's the advertisements and suggested web sites left in the wake. One question was where was Brittney Spears born? Hey Google... the following week was recommendations for Brittney Spears playlists. Craaaaap. One question was about a song by Alice Cooper. Guess who's staring out at me from my computer now. I've decided I have enough pretend money before Carrot Top questions start popping. Nobody wants to see that.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
As you may be aware, I am a pretend millionaire after winning Who Wants To Be a Millionaire several times online with Google as my go to phone a friend. The biggest headache isn't all the imaginary taxes or phone calls from investors, it's the advertisements and suggested web sites left in the wake. One question was where was Brittney Spears born? Hey Google... the following week was recommendations for Brittney Spears playlists. Craaaaap. One question was about a song by Alice Cooper. Guess who's staring out at me from my computer now. I've decided I have enough pretend money before Carrot Top questions start popping. Nobody wants to see that.
Hey, Alice Cooper is an American icon!!!...Though no, I wouldn't want him staring at me either.

I bet he danced with knives long before Brittney Spears did, and it was probably a little less weird.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
Morning Pops and everyone.

Runny… seriously. How can you stand this? I’m a passenger in a car on our way to Rhode Island for my son in law’s graduation from Officer Candidate School. I could NOT live in New York and deal with this traffic. Got myself a serious core workout from the anxiety/stress!!!

But enough about me. How’s everyone else’s day going?

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and everyone.

Runny… seriously. How can you stand this? I’m a passenger in a car on our way to Rhode Island for my son in law’s graduation from Officer Candidate School. I could NOT live in New York and deal with this traffic. Got myself a serious core workout from the anxiety/stress!!!

But enough about me. How’s everyone else’s day going?
It ain't easy, Jan! I assume took I-95 over the GW Bridge, and continued up 95 through CT? Yeah, I hate going anywhere south of Bridgeport. I get to go to Long Island tomorrow, but I made a ferry reservation for the return trip. That's usually a nice little 45 minute nap.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
It ain't easy, Jan! I assume took I-95 over the GW Bridge, and continued up 95 through CT? Yeah, I hate going anywhere south of Bridgeport. I get to go to Long Island tomorrow, but I made a ferry reservation for the return trip. That's usually a nice little 45 minute nap.
Exactly the route. Like you were along for the ride!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly the route. Like you were along for the ride!!
When are you heading back through there? If it's M-F, I highly recommend you get past Bridgeport, CT before 5 a.m. Even earlier would be better, but by 5, it's pretty slow from Bridgeport all the way to NY, and then you'll be in rush hour traffic trying to get over the GWB, then Jersey traffic.

GrammaJan

Reaction score
When are you heading back through there? If it's M-F, I highly recommend you get past Bridgeport, CT before 5 a.m. Even earlier would be better, but by 5, it's pretty slow from Bridgeport all the way to NY, and then you'll be in rush hour traffic trying to get over the GWB, then Jersey traffic.
Not sure yet when we’re coming back through, but thanks for the info!

Stopped at Mystic CT. Love that Village!!