FEATURED Morning Pops!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who may decide to show up later in the day.

So, bought a new Trager Smoker a couple weeks ago. Last night, put on a brisket about 10 pm last night. Basted it till about 2 AM, turned it down on low till 6 am. At 6, I put on a pork roast as well. Should be good eating tonight!

Leon, not too late to make a big plan Brother.

Jobs, Bobby, have a great weekend.

dbrp, no thanks necessary, you are still a Rook! But even threads as old as this one, with regulars as old as we are, need new blood every now and then. :thumbup:

I've told you not to play with your food.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Good morning Pops! It's been a very hectic week. Spring just doesn't want to show it's pretty face here in the NE. Been cold and forecast is predicting flurries today. Usually this time of the year it's in the low 60's.

Leon, I'm so sorry to hear about your eye. That's just horrible. And getting a needle in it has to be one of the worse feelings. I sure hope the medication helps your eye for a full recovery. Please keep us posted.

ABQ, thank you for including me in your posts, that makes me feel welcomed.

Have a wonderful and safe weekend fella's.
This is for you @jobberone. :huh:
tenor.gif

LOL!! :)

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I've told you not to play with your food.

The radio is blastin', someone's knockin' at the door
I'm lookin' at my girlfriend - she's passed out on the floor
I seen so many things I ain't never seen before
Don't know what it is - I don't wanna see no more

Mama told me not to come
Mama told me not to come
She said, "That ain't the way to have fun, son"
"That ain't the way to have fun, no"

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who may decide to drop by and give the thread a read.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, hope you guys (even the female ones) are having a good day.

Everybody, shinny side up, and keep on getting down the road.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
The radio is blastin', someone's knockin' at the door
I'm lookin' at my girlfriend - she's passed out on the floor
I seen so many things I ain't never seen before
Don't know what it is - I don't wanna see no more

Mama told me not to come
Mama told me not to come
She said, "That ain't the way to have fun, son"
"That ain't the way to have fun, no"

Showing your age! :)

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Morning Pops! Howdy all. Midweek. Wife is cooking meatloaf and making mashed potatoes. She actually likes it which is a tad unusual being from China. I wish you all a great week.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good Morning Pops & my Pop Friends! Oh my, thanks alot @ABQCOWBOY now I have that song in my head lol.

It's going to be a glorious day. High 60's. Finally, the warm weather has come. So we have a golfer here [USER=316]@LeonDixson
in the Pops thread. I took golf lessons years ago only because I wanted to go golfing with my uncle. After hitting a few squirrels literally and losing too many balls, I gave up lol. I did however make a 60ft putt. Those days are long gone, now I just watch golf when my Phil Mickelson is playing. Whose your favorite golfer Leon?

Have a great day fella's. Before I forget, @jobberone , that meatloaf sounded delish![/USER]

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Good Morning Pops & my Pop Friends! Oh my, thanks alot @ABQCOWBOY now I have that song in my head lol.

It's going to be a glorious day. High 60's. Finally, the warm weather has come. So we have a golfer here [USER=316]@LeonDixson
in the Pops thread. I took golf lessons years ago only because I wanted to go golfing with my uncle. After hitting a few squirrels literally and losing too many balls, I gave up lol. I did however make a 60ft putt. Those days are long gone, now I just watch golf when my Phil Mickelson is playing. Whose your favorite golfer Leon?

Have a great day fella's. Before I forget, @jobberone , that meatloaf sounded delish![/USER]
Jordan Spieth is my favorite. I really like most of them them, though, including Mickelson, Woods, Kuchar, etc. I shot an 84 yesterday and that included two or three double bogeys. Other than those holes I felt like I was playing my best golf in years.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score

My wife can't cook American. Had to finish it. It was horrible but I told her it was good. Managed to lock the stove up, too.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Morning Pops and howdy all. Went Masters as a boy until I could work there. Saw the greats and talked with many. Sam Snead still has the sweetest smoothest swing. Jimmy Demaret hit the ball the hardest. Just walked up to the ball and barely addressed it then swung. Ben Hogan worked the hardest but I only saw him after his accident. Roberto de Vincenzo was the funniest. The new guys don't have the personality of the older golfers. The crowds are monstrous now so you can't talk to them like the early days.

Hope you all have a wonderful day.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
My wife can't cook American. Had to finish it. It was horrible but I told her it was good. Managed to lock the stove up, too.
Aw, how sweet. A friend of mines mom is Japanese, they go through the same thing. But, she can make some mean spring rolls. Lock the stove up? Oh my! :laugh:

Good morning Pops & my other Pops. Beautiful day already here in the NE. It's 60' at 6am. Wishing everyone a great and blessed day!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. TGIF! The wind is blowing like mad today. Memo to self: "don't pee into the wind".
lol-16.gif

@jobberone I am officially jealous. I would have loved to meet those guys. Lee Trevino too.

image.php

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who may decide to stop in a little bit later.

Well, it's Friday, that's a very good thing.

Jobs, I love those stories Brother. How great must it have been to have been able to experience a youth at Augusta, taking in all of the great history and personalities of the time. I wonder, did you have any sense of that, at the time? I think it's so great, never stop telling those.

Leon, wind was a terror here too. Yesterday morning was beautiful, calm, warm but not hot, bright and sunny. About noon the wind picked up and it blew steadily through the night. Sustained winds of 45 to 50 and gusts of 70+ all the while. Still windy this morning so I'm right there in the same boat My Friend.

dbrp! What trouble do you have planned this weekend? Do you have any access to chile where you are located? If so, maybe we can figure out a recipe for you to try out?

Be well everybody and enjoy the Weekend!

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. TGIF! The wind is blowing like mad today. Memo to self: "don't pee into the wind".
lol-16.gif

@jobberone I am officially jealous. I would have loved to meet those guys. Lee Trevino too.

image.php

Lee was a hoot. Worst swing but I lived in west TX and I understand that wind cheating swing of his. Augusta is made for long hitters who have a brilliant short game. But you must keep the ball in play and hit the green. Hitting it high and dropping softly so important. Helps to hit that fade there but it is necessary to be able to move the ball. Putting is a premium.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who may decide to stop in a little bit later.

Well, it's Friday, that's a very good thing.

Jobs, I love those stories Brother. How great must it have been to have been able to experience a youth at Augusta, taking in all of the great history and personalities of the time. I wonder, did you have any sense of that, at the time? I think it's so great, never stop telling those.

Leon, wind was a terror here too. Yesterday morning was beautiful, calm, warm but not hot, bright and sunny. About noon the wind picked up and it blew steadily through the night. Sustained winds of 45 to 50 and gusts of 70+ all the while. Still windy this morning so I'm right there in the same boat My Friend.

dbrp! What trouble do you have planned this weekend? Do you have any access to chile where you are located? If so, maybe we can figure out a recipe for you to try out?

Be well everybody and enjoy the Weekend!

No. I had no idea how lucky I was. I can walk most of that course in my head. Not the front nine nearly as well as the back. I can still drive some road courses in my head but my memory is going some.

Morning Pops and hello all. Have a great weekend.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
No. I had no idea how lucky I was. I can walk most of that course in my head. Not the front nine nearly as well as the back. I can still drive some road courses in my head but my memory is going some.

Morning Pops and hello all. Have a great weekend.

Those memories are priceless Jobs. I hope you never forget them.