FEATURED Morning Pops!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops, Pops & Xelda! It's getting to be an office party in here lol. Yes, the more the merrier.

ABQ, my day did pass quickly. I'm so ready for the weekend.

Leon, I was fortunate enough that my Pop likes his steak medium rare. Now my mom liked it well done. So she would leave hers in longer. There's nothing like it. My favorite cut is Prime Rib. It's out of this world. Hope you had fun golfing today and that wind finally settled down.

Xelda, great seeing you here. These fella's are fun shooting the breeze with.

Have a wonderful rest of Friday & blessed weekend as well. We miss you Job.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. Welcome to the Weekend! We don't have anything exciting planned for the weekend which is nice. I like a relaxing day.

@daboyzruleperiod I love prime rib also. I think the small side of a porterhouse/T-bone is my absolute favorite. It's ultra tender. Speaking of prime rib; we were out shopping one day and went to Golden Corral for lunch. It was on their prime rib day. I kid you not, that prime was as good as any I've ever paid $30 for in other resturants. It surprised me.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good Morning Pops & Pops! I'm catching bits & pieces of the royal wedding. A true fairytale. The two met in a library at Scottland college. Megan had no idea whose eye captured her wit, charm & beauty. I wish them both many years of happiness together.

@LeonDixson lol, you're not going to believe this, but when I was in Florida a few weeks ago visiting my parents, they took me to the Golden Corral for dinner one night. They had asked me prior what I was in the mood to eat. Of course they knew my answer & I didn't want for them to spend alot of money.

They suggested the Corral. I told them that would be perfect because I told them I had seen commercials for it, but the closet one near me was over 30 miles away.

Leon, that prime rib was indeed as good as a fine restaurant would serve. And they slice it on how thick of a piece you liked as well. Golden Corral has a nice buffet. I would highly recommend it for anyone who is reading this. Lots of goodies for the money.
tenor.gif

Have a wonderful weekend everyone!:D

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and everyone. My wife's sister and brother-in-law from Buffalo arrived Saturday and will stay a few days. They are on their way to California for grandkids graduations. It's nice to catch up with family that lives a long way away. Take care and approach the new week with a smile on your face.

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and all of Y'all. I filled out my reservation for my 55th high school graduation reunion in September in Calif. Been in touch with my two best buddies from high school and they are both attending also. A local charity is having a garage sale to fund a youth camp, so I spent the day yesterday gathering up items to donate. They will come pick it all up this morning.

Have a good day, everyone.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to anybody who might decide to stop in and check the thread out.

Jobs, Leon, dbpr, good morning all.

Tuesday, hit the ground running. Everybody, have a great, great day!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Cowboy fans. Sounds like some good laughs are heading your way, Leon. Reminiscing with your friends about youthful shenanigans. Donating for a worthy cause is good stuff emotionally. Here's hoping everyone has a good day and good memories from when they were high school age come back to them.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to everybody who may stop in and check out the thread this Wed.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, how goes it? I hope you are all having a great day!

Be well everybody!

LeonDixson

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. My wifes' sister and brother-in-law will be leaving this morning after a nice visit. I grilled some ribeye's last night and my sister joined us all for dinner. It was a challenge because everyone wanted their steak cooked differently. One well done, one medium well, two mediums, two medium rares and one rare. I suceeded staggering the start times just right where they all got done at the same time. Nobody complained. YAAAY!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to all of the folks who might check in on this thread.

What a beautiful morning here in New Mexico today. It is so nice to be able to get up and enjoy a morning with just the quite and the cool morning air. A good cup is all you need. I don't enjoy these enough.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, hope you are all doing well today.

Everyone, we are on the downward path to a long Memorial Day Weekend ahead. How can that be a bad thing?

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good Morning Pops, Pops & @Xelda ! Everythings going well at this end ABQ. We too are having splendor weather here in the NE. My Godson is a huge Odubel Herrea fan. I was able to get him an autographed picture on ebay. With Certificate Of Authenticity. He did a solo with his guitar at the Phillies AAA last night. He was on the big screen and all. I was so proud of him that I wanted to reward him with something special.

I'm going to get a frame for it and give it to him on Saturday. Going to a big Memorial Weekend Cookout. And, I will be having steaks Leon. All those mouth watering comments you've been posting has my tounge hanging out. Have a wonderful & safe holiday weekend everyone!
200w.gif

Last edited:

Xelda

Reaction score
Good day to all the Pops in the world. You are out there making this world a better place. To the original Pops, how do you think the Cowboys will do this year? If you can pull any strings for favor, we'd sure appreciate it and be glad to share details when we meet again.