FEATURED Morning Pops!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Perfect where I'm at. Not to be severely mistaken for NYC, WNY is fantastic. All 4 seasons. We get hot and humid summers and we get blizzardy winters and everything in between.
Absolutely beautiful variety of forest mountain ranges to flats. Lots of lakes and great parks.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Perfect where I'm at. Not to be severely mistaken for NYC, WNY is fantastic. All 4 seasons. We get hot and humid summers and we get blizzardy winters and everything in between.
Absolutely beautiful variety of forest mountain ranges to flats. Lots of lakes and great parks.
SHUT UP

Xelda

Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends! Up here in CT, yesterday was one of those perfect days, where I actually wished I had more yard work to do. Today it's raining, but nice and cool, compared to the previous week, and the coming days.
I hope the weather breaks for all of you very soon!
Wait! What? Wishing you had more yard work to do? Here, we cuss the yard from either inside (looking at it) or outside (doing something about it). My next door neighbor just gave his yard a 5 o'clock shadow. I know it's not healthy for the grass, but screw the grass!

Xelda

Reaction score
Perfect where I'm at. Not to be severely mistaken for NYC, WNY is fantastic. All 4 seasons. We get hot and humid summers and we get blizzardy winters and everything in between. Absolutely beautiful variety of forest mountain ranges to flats. Lots of lakes and great parks.
I hope you're happy, I just had to slap my monitor.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wait! What? Wishing you had more yard work to do? Here, we cuss the yard from either inside (looking at it) or outside (doing something about it). My next door neighbor just gave his yard a 5 o'clock shadow. I know it's not healthy for the grass, but screw the grass!
It was a perfect day yesterday. About 75-80 degrees, and sunny, with a nice little breeze. I moved the lawn, took out some old, rotting landscape ties, and cleared the area next to my house that was just becoming a mess of vines and weeds. I pulled out the big rocks, so I can just go over it with the lawn mower from now on, and it looks much better. The weather yesterday actually made me want to do something productive outside, so I did.

Xelda

Reaction score
It was a perfect day yesterday. About 75-80 degrees, and sunny, with a nice little breeze. I moved the lawn, took out some old, rotting landscape ties, and cleared the area next to my house that was just becoming a mess of vines and weeds. I pulled out the big rocks, so I can just go over it with the lawn mower from now on, and it looks much better. The weather yesterday actually made me want to do something productive outside, so I did.
Wow, in July too. We really are glad to hear y'all are enjoying some good weather. Nature is making up for all that snow. These are the worst months for us. Well, the heat and those pesky tornadoes.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Wow, in July too. We really are glad to hear y'all are enjoying some good weather. Nature is making up for all that snow. These are the worst months for us. Well, the heat and those pesky tornadoes.
Oof. Feel free to migrate on up this way. We've had one major tornado in the area in the past.............well, as long as I've lived here, so since at least '81. I've felt one minor earthquake. The occasional hurricane. Other than the snow and cold, it isn't bad.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Oof. Feel free to migrate on up this way. We've had one major tornado in the area in the past.............well, as long as I've lived here, so since at least '81. I've felt one minor earthquake. The occasional hurricane. Other than the snow and cold, it isn't bad.
Same. One twister or two (allegedly), I never felt a tremor though...But holy hell we get some footage from this lake effect. Other than other drivers I really don't mind it at all. Working in it is tough the older you get....

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning friends, and good morning to all you glorious Zoners today.

Sorry to hear of some of y'alls nasty heatwave and weather. We're starting to get it here in Los Angeles. Looking forward to $500 electricity bills...

Taking the boy to Olive Garden and to see the Incredibles 2 today. Inside activities since it's gonna be so hot.

Everyone have a blessed and safe and cool day, today. Drink lots of water. :star:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
100 at 10:00pm last night and that's too many 0's. Gonna be the hottest day of the year so far at 109, she ain't fine that 109.

I am not complaining, just pointing out that I am not complaining because I moved deeper into the heart of Texas, nobody forced me to do this.

However, if I were complaining, here's what that would look like.

HOLY HELL, WHAT HATH DESCENDED UPON US?? IF THIS IS JULY, AND IT WAS THE LAST TIME I LOOKED, WHAT IS AUGUST GOING TO BE LIKE???? I WON'T NEED TO CRANK UP THE SMOKER, JUST THROW THE MEAT IN A WADING POOL FOR A FEW HOURS. OH MISERY THOU ART A FICKLED BEAST. THE NORTHERNERS GET CABIN FEVER, WE GET AGORAPHOBIA. HEAT, WHY DOTH THOU OPPRESS US SO?

So, isn't it nice I am not complaining?

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
100 at 10:00pm last night and that's too many 0's. Gonna be the hottest day of the year so far at 109, she ain't fine that 109.

I am not complaining, just pointing out that I am not complaining because I moved deeper into the heart of Texas, nobody forced me to do this.

However, if I were complaining, here's what that would look like.

HOLY HELL, WHAT HATH DESCENDED UPON US?? IF THIS IS JULY, AND IT WAS THE LAST TIME I LOOKED, WHAT IS AUGUST GOING TO BE LIKE???? I WON'T NEED TO CRANK UP THE SMOKER, JUST THROW THE MEAT IN A WADING POOL FOR A FEW HOURS. OH MISERY THOU ART A FICKLED BEAST. THE NORTHERNERS GET CABIN FEVER, WE GET AGORAPHOBIA. HEAT, WHY DOTH THOU OPPRESS US SO?

So, isn't it nice I am not complaining?
A little creative complaining is good for the soul, so go ahead. I hit the practice range early this morning to beat the heat. Now I'm just taking it easy.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. Sounds like a good day planned, Trouty. Glad to hear you're out of the heat now, Leon. Hope everyone has a great day!

So violent. Steady. . .
I hope you know I was joking. I'm glad some of our Cowboy fans can enjoy a mild summer. I scratch my head over people saying "I love summer" or "I'll take the heat over the cold" though. I don't know the kind of cold y'all deal with, but our heat is not enjoyable. The kids on my street haven't been seen in over a month. I'm not complaining about that part. Just an observation.