FEATURED Morning Pops!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. Sounds like a good day planned, Trouty. Glad to hear you're out of the heat now, Leon. Hope everyone has a great day!

I hope you know I was joking. I'm glad some of our Cowboy fans can enjoy a mild summer. I scratch my head over people saying "I love summer" or "I'll take the heat over the cold" though. I don't know the kind of cold y'all deal with, but our heat is not enjoyable. The kids on my street haven't been seen in over a month. I'm not complaining about that part. Just an observation.
All good! I was just busting chops back :)

It get's pretty cold and honestly the only time it's a pain for me is when I'm working Bills games. That open stadium can get brutal. But even so, I'll take that over the heat all day long. My other work I'm in and out so it's much more tolerable.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I found that heat makes people more irritable than cold. However, cold is more painful and it takes longer to warm up than to cool down.

I can get enough clothes on to be warm but I can't get enough off to be cool. I have lived in extreme heat but have never really lived in extreme cold so my frame of reference is incomplete.

My neighbor has a relative in from Winnipeg. I was in Winnipeg in February of 1980 and the temp was -8 with the wind at a steady 25 and gusting to 40. I thought how in the hell do these people live in this but they did, went about their business as usual, made sure exposed skin was covered and the bars were busy and no one seemed to be in hiding. They were acclimated.

Yesterday she asked me how in the hell we live in this? She was miserable and actually laboring to breath when outside. I am acclimated. I ain't happy but I can handle it.

I used to travel a lot by air and it was always interesting to get back home in July and August and listen to the reaction as people not from Texas would deplane onto the jetway. There would be this collective involuntary intake of breath. Flight attendant told me that they've actually had people faint when deplaning and they've complained about not cooling the jetways and I don't know if they do that now or not, haven't boarded a plane in 9 years and I can go forever without getting on another one.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I found that heat makes people more irritable than cold. However, cold is more painful and it takes longer to warm up than to cool down.

I can get enough clothes on to be warm but I can't get enough off to be cool. I have lived in extreme heat but have never really lived in extreme cold so my frame of reference is incomplete.

My neighbor has a relative in from Winnipeg. I was in Winnipeg in February of 1980 and the temp was -8 with the wind at a steady 25 and gusting to 40. I thought how in the hell do these people live in this but they did, went about their business as usual, made sure exposed skin was covered and the bars were busy and no one seemed to be in hiding. They were acclimated.

Yesterday she asked me how in the hell we live in this? She was miserable and actually laboring to breath when outside. I am acclimated. I ain't happy but I can handle it.

I used to travel a lot by air and it was always interesting to get back home in July and August and listen to the reaction as people not from Texas would deplane onto the jetway. There would be this collective involuntary intake of breath. Flight attendant told me that they've actually had people faint when deplaning and they've complained about not cooling the jetways and I don't know if they do that now or not, haven't boarded a plane in 9 years and I can go forever without getting on another one.
I lived in Nevada and now in western NY. As I've gotten older the cold affects me more, but not like humidity. Out west it was dry and very hot, in the east it's like you can drink the air.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I lived in Nevada and now in western NY. As I've gotten older the cold affects me more, but not like humidity. Out west it was dry and very hot, in the east it's like you can drink the air.
The coldest place I ever lived was New Orleans. In the winter, the humidity does not drop and it is that kind of cold people refer to as "bone chilling". Luckily, it is short lived.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Come on up to the northeast Coach. It's bone chilling up here in the dead of winter.
Ima tellin ya, Quick, that was the most painfully cold I've ever been. Spent 3 years in PA and ID and not as cold in NO on some days. Not all the time but just when that humidity would kick in. Had a 19 degree Mardi Gras in the late 80's and I didn't warm up until Memorial Day.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon Fellas and Afternoon to any who might still stop in.

Busy day today. Not a lot of time but wanted to stop in and say hello to everybody.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB and Ranching, have a great Week.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good evening Pops & Pops! Seems as though the summer of 2018 is effecting us all. Football & pot roast' right around the corner.

Thank you ABQ. Backatcha!:)

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. Sounds like a good day planned, Trouty. Glad to hear you're out of the heat now, Leon. Hope everyone has a great day!

I hope you know I was joking. I'm glad some of our Cowboy fans can enjoy a mild summer. I scratch my head over people saying "I love summer" or "I'll take the heat over the cold" though. I don't know the kind of cold y'all deal with, but our heat is not enjoyable. The kids on my street haven't been seen in over a month. I'm not complaining about that part. Just an observation.
Agree. I will never take the heat over the cold.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Afternoon Pops. Afternoon Fellas and Afternoon to any who might still stop in.

Busy day today. Not a lot of time but wanted to stop in and say hello to everybody.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB and Ranching, have a great Week.
Right back atcha, ABQ!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
So Olive Garden and the Incredibles 2 turned into Buffalo Wild Wings and some movie titled Eighth Grade.

Sitting, waiting. Always show up early to our movies. Always. BWW was outta bounds! Mango Habenero and Wild for me, tame flavors for the lad :)

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good morning Pops, Pops, Xelda & Trouty! It's a very humid morning already. But, I'm not complaining. The Lord has blessed me with another day & good health.

Have a wonderful day my friends & most importantly, stay cool.
tenor.gif

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. I was so disappointed after the mail came yesterday. I got my financial statement and thought I had $400,001 in my account. Then my wife pointed out the 401K was just the type of account it is. Damn!

I'm one of those that take the heat better than the cold. I gotta say, though, that yesterday when I went outside in the sun it felt like my shirt was on fire on my back.

Hey, have a great day everyone.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This just in, and just happens to support CC's Heat Theory, suicide rates are up in the hotter areas of the country and well above the "Cabin Fever Belt" of the country. I can think of a lot more fun things to do in a cabin than out in this heat.

We are catching a break and it's only going to be 102 today, sweater vest weather, and for the rest of the week. I saw the 3 month map and August does not look good for our area or SoCal. Hotter than usual and usual here is hot. August is my least favorite month, hot, no holidays and 31 days long.

But, I ain't complaining, no, no, not me, I am taking this with my lip zipped...…...for now. But can't ya just feel it building? I am like one of those old exploding pressure cookers with my little thingy on top just a whistling...….waiting.…...watching...….and my little thingy wobbling..

Make it as a good a day as you can and remember, no complaining!

kskboys

Reaction score
This just in, and just happens to support CC's Heat Theory, suicide rates are up in the hotter areas of the country and well above the "Cabin Fever Belt" of the country. I can think of a lot more fun things to do in a cabin than out in this heat.

We are catching a break and it's only going to be 102 today, sweater vest weather, and for the rest of the week. I saw the 3 month map and August does not look good for our area or SoCal. Hotter than usual and usual here is hot. August is my least favorite month, hot, no holidays and 31 days long.

But, I ain't complaining, no, no, not me, I am taking this with my lip zipped...…...for now. But can't ya just feel it building? I am like one of those old exploding pressure cookers with my little thingy on top just a whistling...….waiting.…...watching...….and my little thingy wobbling..

Make it as a good a day as you can and remember, no complaining!
My theory is that the put the first day of dove season on Sept 1st so we'd have SOMETHING to look forward to during the most horrific month of the year, August!!!!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. I made some orange, vanilla, mint tea which turned out to be pretty good. I would like to thank God for a functioning a/c and fan. I hope everyone has a good day today and stays out of the heat as much as possible.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. I made some orange, vanilla, mint tea which turned out to be pretty good. I would like to thank God for a functioning a/c and fan. I hope everyone has a good day today and stays out of the heat as much as possible.
You had me at G (pun intended ;)
Question, can you add whiskey to that?