FEATURED Morning Pops!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good (actual) morning Pops and everyone. Didn't get much sleep, so I went outside to finish teaching my rebel bushes a lesson. My hedge clippers are getting dull, they didn't even cut my extension cord yesterday. Look out, Lowes. Here I come! Well more like Lowes.com for now. Have some good golf math, Leon. It is exciting for the Boys to give us something to hang our hopes on for the coming season. Be safe Runny, Street, ABQ, Dabz, Trouty, Leon, Job and our other visitors . Behave Coach and ksk.
Here's wishing everyone has a good hump day. May your red lights be few and your frustrations fewer.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning friends, and good morning to all you beautiful Zoners out there!

Xelda, sorry for the bad sleep. That sucks when those nights flare up. But at least you made it productive and went to town on your Bob Marley bushes :)

Leon, enjoy your wonderful game of golf, sir. Stay hydrated out there.

Daboyz, thank you for your amazing gifs in this thread, Sis :)

ABQ, bless you for helping those folks, sir.

CC, Runny, Streetwise, God bless you all, a gorgeous day to you three fellers.

@jobberone, praying for you sir.

Everyone have a blessed a joyful day, today :star:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and fellow humpers. I may not still be employed but I still celebrate.

A little sad today, I woke up this morning disappointed....I was still me. I lost me last week and made the mistake of looking for me and found me but refused to tell me where I'd been and what me had been doing. Doesn't matter, I lie to me often so I wouldn't have believed me anyway.

Well, enough about me, how are my little chickadees (I did that in my best WC Fields) on this fine first day in a long time that it won't hit triple digits. Sorry to be such a weather nerd and I didn't used to be this way. I fear I am only a couple of steps away from "hot enough for ya" and "well, we needed the rain". I do like that last one when it's been dry, I find that people don't bother me when I say that and sure as hell don't ask me any questions.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and fellow humpers. I may not still be employed but I still celebrate.

A little sad today, I woke up this morning disappointed....I was still me. I lost me last week and made the mistake of looking for me and found me but refused to tell me where I'd been and what me had been doing. Doesn't matter, I lie to me often so I wouldn't have believed me anyway.

Well, enough about me, how are my little chickadees (I did that in my best WC Fields) on this fine first day in a long time that it won't hit triple digits. Sorry to be such a weather nerd and I didn't used to be this way. I fear I am only a couple of steps away from "hot enough for ya" and "well, we needed the rain". I do like that last one when it's been dry, I find that people don't bother me when I say that and sure as hell don't ask me any questions.
Good morning Pops, and good morning everyone who reads this.... Everyone else can pound sand, we're the only ones who matter!! Hey CC, it's not the heat, it's the humidity!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops, and good morning everyone who reads this.... Everyone else can pound sand, we're the only ones who matter!! Hey CC, it's not the heat, it's the humidity!
Holding that one in reserve, Runny, for the really irritating people. And the kicker "everyone talks about the weather but no one does anything about it".

kskboys

Reaction score
I now understand old people's obsession w/ the weather. I'm old and bored!!!!!

I'll never forget, I drove my mom to a weekend nurse's convention few year's back. Well, lotsa years. Like 35.

Anyway, this was back when hotel TV had a lot more channels than the 4 most people got. My mom got me to help out w/ the entertainment that night. Soooo, I was heading down to the lobby from my room, and an older couple I knew gets on the elevator. Their eyes were absolutely glowing as they proclaimed "We've been watching the weather channel!!!!"

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who might stop in a little bit later on.

Good morning to all the regulars in this thread. I hope all of you are doing well! Wife is headed to Colorado with the Girls tomorrow. Be back Monday so it's me and the Dogs for a little while. Maybe I can convince the Boys to stop over for supper this weekend and we can hang out.

Trouty, I haven't talked to you in a few day. How you hanging in Brother?

Coach, I don't know but that "Me" fella sounds like a pretty complex person!

Xelda, remind me to tell you the Story of my Youngest Boy, the Rose Bushes, the Water Purifier and the Plumber and Electrician.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, you guys have a great day. Be well folks!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. I woke up elated to find out I'm still breathing and on the right side of the dirt. I'll celebrate with a cup of coffee.
lol-16.gif

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops, morning world. Started my day with two stops in the Bronx, and now that aggravation is over and I'm back in CT, waiting for my third stop of the day to open at 8:30, so I can get the rest of this aggravating day over with.
Have a sparkling day everyone!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning friends, and good morning to all you wonderful Zoners out there.

ABQ, I’ve been doing really well, sir. Have had the boy all week and just really am soaking in his love. He gives me strength.

Runny, so much aggravation! You should get a NYC slice of pizza for breakfast :) The day will be over before you know it, amigo.

Ksk, that was a funny story! :) Thank you for sharing!

Leon, enjoy that coffee sir. I’m up a little too early, but I’ll be having mine in about an hour, myself.

Everyone have a beautiful and safe day, today :star:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Wasn’t it this thread that we were discussing bullet coffee some time ago? I think it was ABQ or Leon, or both. Still haven’t tried it. I use a cheap grinder and beans from Costco for my joe

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and fellow procrastinators. I like putting things off that I never really intended to do anyway, makes me feel productive.

Well, it looks like your old curmudgeon is going to play the role completely now. And I am not dealing well with this at all. I've got to have a hip replaced and it's not the hassle of the surgery or the rehab, the physical part, it is the mental part that I have been fighting so hard, aging. I do everything I can not to act or be my age and this is landing on me like 70 years packed in a bag. Whether I like it or not, I am old. And don't try selling me my own BS about "you're only as old as you think you are". I don't even buy my own BS any more.

But on the bright side, I am headed out to burn gas on the lake with my son and two grandsons and pull the little guys around on a lake limo. I may stop and scream at some other kids "hey you kids, get off my lake"!

Have a good day and hug your hips.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Good morning Pops and fellow procrastinators. I like putting things off that I never really intended to do anyway, makes me feel productive.

Well, it looks like your old curmudgeon is going to play the role completely now. And I am not dealing well with this at all. I've got to have a hip replaced and it's not the hassle of the surgery or the rehab, the physical part, it is the mental part that I have been fighting so hard, aging. I do everything I can not to act or be my age and this is landing on me like 70 years packed in a bag. Whether I like it or not, I am old. And don't try selling me my own BS about "you're only as old as you think you are". I don't even buy my own BS any more.

But on the bright side, I am headed out to burn gas on the lake with my son and two grandsons and pull the little guys around on a lake limo. I may stop and scream at some other kids "hey you kids, get off my lake"!

Sorry to here that friend...I hope everything goes well. On another bright side, you can blame meds for grabbing nurses.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops! Morning Fellas and good morning to anybody who may stop in a little bit later.

Leon, Good Coffee is like good air when you've been stuck in a smokey room. You can't get enough of it fast enough to suit you. Sounds like a good start of your day to me.

RWB, I don't envy you Brother but maybe Trouty is right. A good slice of Pizza is always a great thing. Get it done and get home, that's the best thing you can do in those kinds of deals.

SW, I've heard a lot of people say that but I've never tried it. I'll have to try it out.

Coach, it comes for all of us. I feel like you gotta ride through it and come out the other side. When the day comes that it's over, I want to be able to say that I lived a good life and I raised good children. I don't want a church or a big funeral or anything like that. I would like a wake, I would like everybody to have a big old party, no fuss, maybe a tip of a glass in memory and then everyone Dance, be of good cheer and have a great time. That's what I would like but that day is not here today and so, I try to take pleasure from the things in my life that I enjoy. Everyday is not filled with those things but if I look close enough, I can find them. Not preaching to you, just telling you how I try to look at it. Hope your day gets better for you Brother.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW,have a great day.

Everybody, be well!

Wasn’t it this thread that we were discussing bullet coffee some time ago? I think it was ABQ or Leon, or both. Still haven’t tried it. I use a cheap grinder and beans from Costco for my joe

Hey Trouty, we did. I use a Kuric but I have a K-Cup, which is essentially a little cup that you fill with ground coffee and use it instead of the pre-packaged coffee cups. Usually, I use the pre-packaged ones, they are pretty good but on special occasions, I ground up coffee beans and use the K-Cup. My Daughter brought me back some Coffee from Costa Rica when they were up there shooting a movie. That stuff is like The Drink of the Gods. I only drink a cup on special occasions but it's a treat for me.

If you want the recipe for the Bulletproof Coffee, hit me up with a PM and I'll give it to you.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

CC, I work with someone who had a hip replacement when he was 55, so that doesn't make you old.
When you trip getting out of the boat, and the kids have to help you up, then you're old....and the less they laugh, the older you are.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. ABQ, I wonder if you could order that Costa Rican coffee off of Amazon or directly from the source. I found some tea on sale at Target once that was out of this world. With my luck, they were clearing it out and it hasn't been on any other store shelves. I ordered it directly from the company, but they'd changed the formula. It was so good I would keep the empty pouches folded up and open them to smell the aroma. Man that was good stuff!

Sounds like hump day was rough on some of us and Coach's rock star life has caught up to him. I've tried to think of a way to cheer you up, but the words are coming out wrong. I'll work on it until I get it right. My Pops said if he'd known he was going to live this long, he'd have taken better care of himself. Someone else said when they get ready to bury him, he wants them to pick up the pieces to put in the box instead of a well preserved body. Conflicting camps of thought, but both are right in their own way. We love you Coach regardless of your warranty. You're a fixer upper and darned well worth it. Also what Street said.

Poor Runny had to go to the Bronx. I've heard about it in TV shows and movies. Normally they say "The Bronx is not as bad as people think" (I used "is" because Bronx sounds plural, but I don't think it is. I'm from Looziana so don't give me any crap or I'll sic my alligator on you.). I'm 99% certain that I will never go there, so as Joey said on Friends "It's a moo point". I hope your day turns around for you.

Wishing everyone a good afternoon and a peaceful spirit. That makes me sound like a wise Indian.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good afternoon Pops and friends. ABQ, I wonder if you could order that Costa Rican coffee off of Amazon or directly from the source. I found some tea on sale at Target once that was out of this world. With my luck, they were clearing it out and it hasn't been on any other store shelves. I ordered it directly from the company, but they'd changed the formula. It was so good I would keep the empty pouches folded up and open them to smell the aroma. Man that was good stuff!

Sounds like hump day was rough on some of us and Coach's rock star life has caught up to him. I've tried to think of a way to cheer you up, but the words are coming out wrong. I'll work on it until I get it right. My Pops said if he'd known he was going to live this long, he'd have taken better care of himself. Someone else said when they get ready to bury him, he wants them to pick up the pieces to put in the box instead of a well preserved body. He wants to have lived a full life. Conflicting camps of thought, but both are right in their own way. We love you Coach regardless of your warranty. You're a fixer upper and darned well worth it. Also what Street said.

Poor Runny had to go to the Bronx. I've heard about it in TV shows and movies. Normally they say "The Bronx is not as bad as people think" (I used "is" because Bronx sounds plural, but I don't think it is. I'm from Looziana so don't give me any crap or I'll sic my alligator on you.). I'm 99% certain that I will never go there, so as Joey said on Friends "It's a moo point". I hope your day turns around for you.

Wishing everyone a good afternoon and a peaceful spirit. That makes me sound like a wise Indian.
It's over now. Tomorrow I get to go to Manhattan....Friggin' yippee....but tomorrow's Friday, so once I get done with I-95 traffic coming back, I get to load up for Monday, then go to the gym, then go home and make chili for yet another family cookout on Saturday.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
It's over now. Tomorrow I get to go to Manhattan....Friggin' yippee....but tomorrow's Friday, so once I get done with I-95 traffic coming back, I get to load up for Monday, then go to the gym, then go home and make chili for yet another family cookout on Saturday.
Is there anyway you could put placards on your truck illustrating flammable liquid? Might make other drivers ease up a little.