FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No thanks but I might have a Martini later.

I do feel for you driving in Manhattan, I only did it once when I rented a car and swore that would be the last time. Freakin' cab drivers were aholes.
Today was an especially aholish day down there. I even had someone in a newer Charger try to squeeze between my truck and a step van on 1st Ave, and he hit my truck and kept going, weaving in and out so I couldn't get his plate number.
At the next red light I got out and looked, and it didn't do a thing to my truck, but the way it rocked me, I'm sure he's got at least a few hundred dollars damage.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Having a bad day, compadre?
And now that I bought all the chili fixings, the cookout gets rescheduled for two weeks, so I'll be making 6 qts. of chili for nobody tonight, rather than freeze the ground beef, sausage, and various peppers.

Oh well, at least I can treat it as an experiment, since I've never made it with sausage before.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. It's Friday which makes it a good day for just about everyone. I envy Coach's day yesterday. We used to do stuff like that when I was growing up. Water just makes me happy unless I've got to drink a bunch of it. Here's wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.

Today was an especially aholish day down there. I even had someone in a newer Charger try to squeeze between my truck and a step van on 1st Ave, and he hit my truck and kept going, weaving in and out so I couldn't get his plate number.
At the next red light I got out and looked, and it didn't do a thing to my truck, but the way it rocked me, I'm sure he's got at least a few hundred dollars damage.
It sounds like a James Bond movie. Contact British Intelligence, tell them Londy did it and file a claim.

Good luck with the chili. We don't like to think about it around here until the temperature drops below 50.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And now that I bought all the chili fixings, the cookout gets rescheduled for two weeks, so I'll be making 6 qts. of chili for nobody tonight, rather than freeze the ground beef, sausage, and various peppers.

Oh well, at least I can treat it as an experiment, since I've never made it with sausage before.
I always use ground pork or sausage in mine along with the beef.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
May impotency and sexual addiction descend upon him.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good afternoon Pops and friends. It's Friday which makes it a good day for just about everyone. I envy Coach's day yesterday. We used to do stuff like that when I was growing up. Water just makes me happy unless I've got to drink a bunch of it. Here's wishing everyone a wonderful weekend.

It sounds like a James Bond movie. Contact British Intelligence, tell them Londy did it and file a claim.

Good luck with the chili. We don't like to think about it around here until the temperature drops below 50.
I anticipated many days like that but they've got so many things going on, it's hard to get them over here.

I agree about the chili but they have these cookoffs during the hottest months and it never made any sense to me. Chili is cooler/cold weather food to me like bourbon and scotch is seasonal. When the dark comes earlier, the liquor gets darker.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and Saturdayites, isn't this just the best day of the week? I mean, people are in a better mood, we're checking off the Saturday's until the college football season gets here and tomorrow signals the closing of the weekend. And some people get to bathe today. Get your happy in under the wire.

Got through a real burner of a July and there's not a triple digit day forecast for the next 15 days!! And here I was all prepared for a worse August. Which means I will have to wear clothing now. I suspect this is the result of all the praying from the customers at the establishments I frequent. You'd think they'd have better things to pray for.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good morning Pops and Saturdayites, isn't this just the best day of the week? I mean, people are in a better mood, we're checking off the Saturday's until the college football season gets here and tomorrow signals the closing of the weekend. And some people get to bathe today. Get your happy in under the wire.

Got through a real burner of a July and there's not a triple digit day forecast for the next 15 days!! And here I was all prepared for a worse August. Which means I will have to wear clothing now. I suspect this is the result of all the praying from the customers at the establishments I frequent. You'd think they'd have better things to pray for.
Morning Pops, and gooooooood Morning Vietnam!!!........Oops, sorry, that just slipped out.

That's awesome, CC! I'm glad you folks are finally getting a bit of relief there! It hasn't been very hot here, but so humid that it feels oppressive......but as long as I don't have to wear layers, I'm okay with that.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops! Morning everybody! Sundays would be so much better with Mondays off, but I'm 54 years old, so I'm starting to get used to it. :grin:
Here's hoping you all have a pleasant week!!
4 day work weeks, Tu-Fr, will begin when you retire. I retired at 68, almost 69, and I never got used to Mondays. MNF used to work back in the day because that would be my reward for not hiding from Monday. God let someone else be in charge of Monday or He would have given people the day off for going to church.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and fellow survivors of Saturday night. Tried to have a nice evening on the patio, relaxing with a cigar and libation but noooooo. The resort was having their annual Beer by the Bay with Jo Dee Messina performing loudly.

I don't get it. When old people get old, do they turn to country? Is that what I have to look forward to and when does that happen? The only relief is on the Sunday night before Labor Day, Runny's favorite Monday of the year, they're having Abba Revisted and I like their music. However, I must stay on guard against flashbacks to Mama Mia and will pay someone to hide my ammo until Labor Day. I would probably harm myself, before anyone else, just to stop the memory of that horror.

But that brings up a question. Why has Dairy Queen not licensed the music to "Dancing Queen" and made a jingle? Seems like a natural to me. Better than "God Save the Queen".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops and fellow survivors of Saturday night. Tried to have a nice evening on the patio, relaxing with a cigar and libation but noooooo. The resort was having their annual Beer by the Bay with Jo Dee Messina performing loudly.

I don't get it. When old people get old, do they turn to country? Is that what I have to look forward to and when does that happen? The only relief is on the Sunday night before Labor Day, Runny's favorite Monday of the year, they're having Abba Revisted and I like their music. However, I must stay on guard against flashbacks to Mama Mia and will pay someone to hide my ammo until Labor Day. I would probably harm myself, before anyone else, just to stop the memory of that horror.

But that brings up a question. Why has Dairy Queen not licensed the music to "Dancing Queen" and made a jingle? Seems like a natural to me. Better than "God Save the Queen".
Got headphones and Dark Side of the Moon?