FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops, Morning Fellas and good morning to any who might stop in a little bit later.

Well, the Wife and both Girls are coming how this evening. I'm afraid to see how much money they have spent but still in all, it will be good to have them back. Oldest boy and family got back yesterday. Hoping to see the Grandson tomorrow. Back to the grind for sure.

KSK, "Pop Goes The Weasel", very appropriate for this particular thread.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops, and good morning everyone! Hot and humid in the Northeast, but I don't mind. Haven't looked at my snow shovel in months, and I like it that way!
Everyone have a wonderful day!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's nothing. I can slice around out of bounds markers and the houses off the fairway.
I used to immediately turn right at a 90 degree angle and walk toward my second shot. I started yelling Fore!!! when approaching the tee box.

One time when I was playing with my Dad, a scratch golfer for years, I was getting really frustrated and he was trying to give me pointers and at 16, that was the last thing I wanted for it would be 5 years before he would know anything, so I was jacking with my hands on the grip to no avail. I teed the ball up on the 16th hole and there were two guys in the left rough coming down the adjacent fairway on 17 that I did not see and I aimed myself at a 45 degree angle right at them. I finally saw them and they were starting to look for cover and my Dad yelled over "Don't worry, you're in the safest place on the course"! I started laughing and my Dad and the other guys were falling out. We get back to the 19th hole the those guys had already told the others the story and they were all having a great time at my expense but it was a great memory of how funny he was.

kskboys

Reaction score
Morning, Pops and friends and neighbors. I'm getting anxious for Thursday and the PS game against the Forty Whiners. Scrub football, but at least it's a real game albeit vanilla flavored.
Boyhowdy, you ain'ta jokin'!!!!!!!!!! I absolutely love the first preseason game. Hades, most of the kids aren't gonna make it and aren't even that good, but man those dudes put in the effort!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. I know how you feel Streetwise. I woke up last Tuesday and thought it was Sunday. I don't know how or why, but I did. It was real disappointing to learn it was Tuesday. Why does Tuesday gets such a bad rap? It's not Monday which is the bane of working folks existence unless they have that day off. I've already started rattling which doesn't bode well. Wishing everyone a blessed Tuesday and more green lights than red. God bless us everyone.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Good morning Pops and friends. I know how you feel Streetwise. I woke up last Tuesday and thought it was Sunday. I don't know how or why, but I did. It was real disappointing to learn it was Tuesday. Why does Tuesday gets such a bad rap? It's not Monday which is the bane of working folks existence unless they have that day off. I've already started rattling which doesn't bode well. Wishing everyone a blessed Tuesday and more green lights than red. God bless us everyone.
I love this (the bolded) and am soo stealing this from you, Xelda :D

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops, Morning Fellas and good morning to any who might stop in a little bit later.

Good news is, I have the Grandson today. Bad news is that he got sick this weekend and now he's not feeling his usual self. That's OK, we will work around it.

Coach, that's a great story about your Dad and you at 16. Man, I wished I could have lived a little more in the moment when I was young, saw things like that for what they were instead of thinking I new it all, when I was young. I guess it's life on Earth. That's a great story thou.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, have a great day!

Be well everybody!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

Good news is, I have the Grandson today. Bad news is that he got sick this weekend and now he's not feeling his usual self. That's OK, we will work around it.

Coach, that's a great story about your Dad and you at 16. Man, I wished I could have lived a little more in the moment when I was young, saw things like that for what they were instead of thinking I new it all, when I was young. I guess it's life on Earth. That's a great story thou.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, have a great day!

Be well everybody!
Aww man, I hope the boy feels better soon and you both have a great time together!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait until you retire. I have a calendar on the wall in the kitchen and didn't realize the previous month's page had fallen down and was in a fog for 2 days. But I discovered something, just recently, about calendars that I would like to share with my brethren and sistern. The days stay the same but the damned dates change.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Be well everybody!
Sorry to hear about your Grandson, you paid your dues, he should save that just for his parents. You deserve the well and on his best behavior Grandson.

ABQ, I didn't live in the moment back then, I relive those moments now in these moments with the very same regret you just shared. Ya know, I never knew just how many times I would live that saying I heard so many times growing up. "If only I'd known back then what I know now". Does anything good follow "if only" in a sentence?

It is a shame that we are not born with an inner alarm that sounds off when we are in a moment we should treasure more in that moment. All too easy to take those moments for granted and assume there will be more like this but there will never be another like that one, that very moment.

If I had only known then how I would have to look back with regrets, I would have taken better care of those moments for the future. The memory is often like an unwelcome guest, stays too long and breaks stuff.