FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Good mor....... afternoon Pops, and everyone who can read! ABQ, you gotta figure out a way to go fishing. Tell the wife you want to take her and the kid fishing for their special day.

"What? I don't wanna go fishing! Take Junior, I'm staying home and watching the Weather Channel!"

I feel like this is one of those deals where you lead me where I wanna go and then stand back and let the beatings commence, all the while, drinking a good beer and laughing the whole way. It doesn't help that I'm half way willing to talk myself into listening even thou I know where it's going.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I feel like this is one of those deals where you lead me where I wanna go and then stand back and let the beatings commence, all the while, drinking a good beer and laughing the whole way. It doesn't help that I'm half way willing to talk myself into listening even thou I know where it's going.
You and lukin can be roommates if that line hits the water.

However, I would make certain that you are giving up what might be possibly the greatest day of fishing in the history of mankind to be with your more precious than a walleye wife and better than a bass son. Sacrifice without sympathy is meaningless.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
You and lukin can be roommates if that line hits the water.

However, I would make certain that you are giving up what might be possibly the greatest day of fishing in the history of mankind to be with your more precious than a walleye wife and better than a bass son. Sacrifice without sympathy is meaningless.

Well, you know that old saying Coach..... "It's not the fact that we shot our own toes off, it's the speed and accuracy with which we reloaded that's truly impressive."

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
No, once she feels like she got out of going, you're golden!

Xelda

Reaction score
ABQ, I can't help but remember an old Pizza Hut commercial where JJ is haggling with Deion Sanders over his salary to come to the Cowboys. Jerry says "What's it going to be? 12 million or 13 million?" Deion goes "Both".

Isn't there some way you can do both? I know the long term ramifications of not honoring your wife's birthday, so it's necessary. Still I can sense the fish are calling your name. Tell your wife that you want to take her fishing for her birthday. If she doesn't want to go, then make massive promises for celebrating her birthday in the evening that include a trip to her favorite restaurant.

Oh, I've fallen behind. I missed a whole page of forum folks leading you down the winding road to some wide mouthed bass and straight into the dog house with your wife. Good luck and God speed!

Last edited:

kskboys

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Friends.

Coach, like your story about the young lady bagging groceries, daddy had the same gift. His appendix ruptured and he was in a great deal of pain. I went to see him in the hospital. A hospital worker came into the room to mop. He greeted her. She was in a mood and just wanted to get the job over with and move to the next room. He said "this place would close without you". She blew him off with an "oh, yeah". He saw the words didn't take hold, so he dug deeper and said "Think about it. This hospital would be filled with germs making people sicker without you." A light went off, her eyes lit up, her posture improved and she said "You know, you're right." Daddy wasn't through building her up and by the time he was finished, she was a different person. She thanked him and left his room with a fire in her belly. The way she closed his door, I was pretty sure she was marching to her boss's office to demand a raise.

Bless you Streetwise, in the deep South our brains are already cooked. I hope your day turn around.

Wishing a good Wednesday for all of you and your loved ones.
Speak for yourself!!!!

Gotta have a brain first!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and all. Football tonight! I'm looking forward to seeing Ward and Woods in action in a real game situation. I had a good golf game yesterday except one triple and one double bogey. Five pars in a row coming down the stretch and just missed making it 6 on the 18th. Thank you, Lord. That's fantastic for my skill level @ 18.6 handicap.

Have a great day, everyone.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops, and all who dare enter!

Hey Did, congrats on the great round! I had a round once, where I was one over after 5 holes....then reality struck, and I ended my round in the 90's.
Oh well, that's what keeps ya coming back, right?

kskboys

Reaction score

Hey Did, congrats on the great round! I had a round once, where I was one over after 5 holes....then reality struck, and I ended my round in the 90's.
I once threw like 5 straight strikes to start a bowling game. And then every box was open after that!!!! Couldn't even pick up a spare!!!!!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

That was supposed to read "Dix", not "Did"...This automistake crap is really getting on my nerves lately.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That was supposed to read "Dix", not "Did"...This automistake crap is really getting on my nerves lately.
Do what I do, if it changes a word, I change the sentence to fit that word. Which is why it takes me more words to say something. One time, I intended to write tangent and it decided it liked Tangiers better so I had to make up a story about a place I've never been.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and pretend game fans. I am happy football arrives for you today; however, it does not arrive for me for another 32 days. I really can't stand this part of the season, especially on a football forum because of all the over-reaction about everything by posters that should know better. The pretend season is nothing with no indication of the players or teams.

The problem is vets that are not fighting for jobs will not go all out and risk injury for pennies on the dollar and we never know how hard the opposing players are going. Every season there are pretend season superstars that are no shows when it gets real and vets we're concerned about that show up.

Can't wait for the Dak reactions. If his first pass is complete, he's heading to the HOF. If it falls incomplete, we need another QB. And I just thought DC.com was an over-reactive forum, this one is way over the top and the sane down-to-earth posters get lost among the maniacs.

But I hope you enjoy the game and it is worth the lost hours of slumber to watch future fork lift drivers in the second half. There is one positive. Since they're not game planning and just playing it straight, the Cowboys stand a better chance. It's when they think about it that it gets dicey.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who stop in to visit this thread.

Game Night, while I know it's not the real deal yet, I also know that it's the only deal in town. Think I'll make Chile Dogs tonight. Hope everybody has a plan to watch and celebrate another season.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, get your game on!

Everybody, have a great day!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. The weekend is almost upon us.

Since Coach isn't going to put on his dingy robe and spout wisdom, I'm going to have to intervene. Do NOT get on the wrong side of your wife on her birthday. Women don't forget. If you go fishing, then make the evening spectacular. Buy her flowers, chocolates and jewelry if you have to. It depends on how long you're out fishing. Remind yourself it's not her fault that her birthday falls on a perfectly good fishing day.