FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sorry to hear about your Grandson, you paid your dues, he should save that just for his parents. You deserve the well and on his best behavior Grandson.

ABQ, I didn't live in the moment back then, I relive those moments now in these moments with the very same regret you just shared. Ya know, I never knew just how many times I would live that saying I heard so many times growing up. "If only I'd known back then what I know now". Does anything good follow "if only" in a sentence?

It is a shame that we are not born with an inner alarm that sounds off when we are in a moment we should treasure more in that moment. All too easy to take those moments for granted and assume there will be more like this but there will never be another like that one, that very moment.

If I had only known then how I would have to look back with regrets, I would have taken better care of those moments for the future. The memory is often like an unwelcome guest, stays too long and breaks stuff.
Try to remember that hindsight isn't really 20/20.

Xelda

Reaction score
@ABQCOWBOY a wonderful movie was made about a grandfather reading to his sick grandson called The Princess Bride. Your little vampire is probably too young, but you can still show him love in his weakened state. It's not as much fun, but the bonding carries just as much strength, maybe more.

I hope you didn't go through much sticker shock when your wife came home. I wish I knew why we enjoy shopping so much. I have two rescue dogs. One has no teeth (Mommaw because Beasley didn't stick) and the other has at least half of her teeth (Bailey named after Dan). I give Bailey a raw hide chew and she's not interested until Mommaw picks it up and gives it a good gumming. The entire time Bailey will sit and stare rapturously waiting for her to put it down. Mommaw is the best sales dog in the world.

Coach, I'm not sure how much regret we should take on our shoulders. Our parents went through their own youth, already walked in our shoes and knew we'd look back one day ourselves. I wouldn't go back in time without a notebook that current me wrote.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your Grandson, you paid your dues, he should save that just for his parents. You deserve the well and on his best behavior Grandson.

ABQ, I didn't live in the moment back then, I relive those moments now in these moments with the very same regret you just shared. Ya know, I never knew just how many times I would live that saying I heard so many times growing up. "If only I'd known back then what I know now". Does anything good follow "if only" in a sentence?

It is a shame that we are not born with an inner alarm that sounds off when we are in a moment we should treasure more in that moment. All too easy to take those moments for granted and assume there will be more like this but there will never be another like that one, that very moment.

If I had only known then how I would have to look back with regrets, I would have taken better care of those moments for the future. The memory is often like an unwelcome guest, stays too long and breaks stuff.

Take the good with the bad. Can't really complain though Coach, the good days outweigh the bad ones so far so I'm in the black there.

Your right thou, it's a shame we don't have some kind of inner sense that would help us with that. Seems like a lot of wasted opportunities but then again, I feel like I appreciate those kinds of moments now, more, because of the lessons learned from the past. My experience is that anything given is rarely valued as much as it should be. Taken for granted most times. I imagine experience is the same. Best lessons are the ones that leave a mark but you are right, if I new now...... Some of those moments you can never get back and once gone, gone forever.

Still, I am thankful for the ones I have left. I enjoy them all the more now. I hope that never changes.

Last edited:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
@ABQCOWBOY a wonderful movie was made about a grandfather reading to his sick grandson called The Princess Bride. Your little vampire is probably too young, but you can still show him love in his weakened state. It's not as much fun, but the bonding carries just as much strength, maybe more.

I hope you didn't go through much sticker shock when your wife came home. I wish I knew why we enjoy shopping so much. I have two rescue dogs. One has no teeth (Mommaw because Beasley didn't stick) and the other has at least half of her teeth (Bailey named after Dan). I give Bailey a raw hide chew and she's not interested until Mommaw picks it up and gives it a good gumming. The entire time Bailey will sit and stare rapturously waiting for her to put it down. Mommaw is the best sales dog in the world.

Coach, I'm not sure how much regret we should take on our shoulders. Our parents went through their own youth, already walked in our shoes and knew we'd look back one day ourselves. I wouldn't go back in time without a notebook that current me wrote.

That's funny that you mention this Xelda. The Grandma found him these little books that you can push little buttons and they make noise. He seems to like those. One is a book with sirens and the other is a book with farm animals. So far so good!

Wasn't too bad on the sticker shock. The most expensive thing was something that I had my Son In Law pick up for me. Had him pick up my Wife's BDay present while he was out that way.

So, just so I'm clear here, is the moral of the story that I'm going to lose my teeth before my Wife stops shopping or was I wide of the mark on that one?

Xelda

Reaction score
That's funny that you mention this Xelda. The Grandma found him these little books that you can push little buttons and they make noise. He seems to like those. One is a book with sirens and the other is a book with farm animals. So far so good!

Wasn't too bad on the sticker shock. The most expensive thing was something that I had my Son In Law pick up for me. Had him pick up my Wife's BDay present while he was out that way.

So, just so I'm clear here, is the moral of the story that I'm going to lose my teeth before my Wife stops shopping or was I wide of the mark on that one?
I think the moral of the story is when a woman stops wanting to shop, she's lost her will to live. Hang onto and take care of your teeth in the mean time.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Goooooood Morning Pops and fellow Zonies and the entire refugee PJG crew.
Today wasn't any better being that yesterday that I thought was today. Now, knowing yesterday wasn't the day after yesterday really is today and not tomorrow...
The day before tomorrow.....

Okay, this humidity is clearly cooking my brain.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and friends. Happy hump day. I hope all is well with you and yours.

Y'all are right talking about treasuring moments from the past. But since we still remember them, they are not lost or gone forever. We're still "living" them. And, as someone pointed out, they may be even better than the original because of our embellishment. ABQ, I hope the baby gets well quickly.

Have a great day everyone.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Morning Pops, morning friends, and good morning to all you wonderful Zoners out there.

ABQ, my prayers go out to your precious grand kiddo, sir. May he heal fast and get to being his normal self.
Wishing all of you a beautiful day, today :star::starspin:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and fellow Hump Day celebrants, I really like Wednesdays. Back in the 00's when smoking was still allowed in the Dallas area, every Wednesday evening around 5:30, my wife and I would go to Sullivan's Steak House on the Parkway to have cocktails, a cigar for me and listen to this great jazz trio in a flashback bar reminiscent of those great Chitown and NYC bars with the dark paneling and fine wood grained bars. There has always been something special to me about imbibing in the perfect bar and Sullivan's was as close as I could find in that area.

We had our special table that they'd save for us right next to the musicians and we paid attention to them, they were not background to us, they knew we came to see them and they were really appreciative of that. I used to travel extensively and would usually hit the hotel bar for happy hour and there would be a musician or two playing to an almost disinterested group of people. When they would finish a song, I always applauded and people would look around and start clapping, Garrett would have loved me, and recognize there was actually somebody playing that piano or guitar or harp, saw that a couple of times and that was special.

This practice infected me. I began to look around for people that too often blend into the background and are taken for granted like cops, firemen, teachers, hospital workers and just the other day I complimented this young lady for how she bagged my groceries, the care she took and her reaction was priceless. She got this big smile and looked at the bags with pride and thanked me. A little thing? Surely, but life is composed of those little things that can be much larger than we know with just the simple act of appreciation for someone.

Today, I will venture forth and find someone doing a good job and tell them. Might be the kid at the car wash, another bagger at the store but someone out there is in need of appreciation and that is such a small effort on our part with such grand rewards for others. Catch someone doing it right and let them know it did not go unnoticed and they are appreciated. And you will feel almost as good as you made someone else feel.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Friends.

Coach, like your story about the young lady bagging groceries, daddy had the same gift. His appendix ruptured and he was in a great deal of pain. I went to see him in the hospital. A hospital worker came into the room to mop. He greeted her. She was in a mood and just wanted to get the job over with and move to the next room. He said "this place would close without you". She blew him off with an "oh, yeah". He saw the words didn't take hold, so he dug deeper and said "Think about it. This hospital would be filled with germs making people sicker without you." A light went off, her eyes lit up, her posture improved and she said "You know, you're right." Daddy wasn't through building her up and by the time he was finished, she was a different person. She thanked him and left his room with a fire in her belly. The way she closed his door, I was pretty sure she was marching to her boss's office to demand a raise.

Goooooood Morning Pops and fellow Zonies and the entire refugee PJG crew.
Today wasn't any better being that yesterday that I thought was today. Now, knowing yesterday wasn't the day after yesterday really is today and not tomorrow...
The day before tomorrow.....

Okay, this humidity is clearly cooking my brain.
Bless you Streetwise, in the deep South our brains are already cooked. I hope your day turn around.

Wishing a good Wednesday for all of you and your loved ones.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Good morning Pops and Friends.

Coach, like your story about the young lady bagging groceries, daddy had the same gift. His appendix ruptured and he was in a great deal of pain. I went to see him in the hospital. A hospital worker came into the room to mop. He greeted her. She was in a mood and just wanted to get the job over with and move to the next room. He said "this place would close without you". She blew him off with an "oh, yeah". He saw the words didn't take hold, so he dug deeper and said "Think about it. This hospital would be filled with germs making people sicker without you." A light went off, her eyes lit up, her posture improved and she said "You know, you're right." Daddy wasn't through building her up and by the time he was finished, she was a different person. She thanked him and left his room with a fire in her belly. The way she closed his door, I was pretty sure she was marching to her boss's office to demand a raise.

Bless you Streetwise, in the deep South our brains are already cooked. I hope your day turn around.

Wishing a good Wednesday for all of you and your loved ones.
It sure did! It's raining so hard I may need to build a boat. Cut the humid stuff right down. We need rain, so it's a relief.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who might decide to stop in and visit today.

Thank you to all who wish well for the Grandson. He will be fine, he's just got a little summer cold. We should all be so healthy right?

Weekend looks like it's going to be pretty nice! Highs are being forecast in the Mid 80s and Lows are supposed to be in the low 60s, for Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Probably get some showers but that's OK, I like the rain. Cools everything off and settles the dust down. I'm tempted to try and go fishing this weekend but I know that's not gonna fly. Celebrating the youngest Boy's BDay and my Wife's BDay this weekend so I'm pretty sure trying to sneak away to go fishing would be about the stupidest thing I could every do but still, I think it's going to be perfect fishing weather. Fish are gonna be biting with the rain and we got a good deal of it, of late, so all the water is going to be up. OK, enough of trying to figure out all the reason why I need to get myself in trouble. If anybody has the time, do me a favor and go fishing for me. Tell me all about it!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, have a great day!

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good mor....... afternoon Pops, and everyone who can read! ABQ, you gotta figure out a way to go fishing. Tell the wife you want to take her and the kid fishing for their special day.

"What? I don't wanna go fishing! Take Junior, I'm staying home and watching the Weather Channel!"