FEATURED Morning Pops!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops, morning friends, and good morning to all you wonderful Zoners out there.

Football is back! A lot of positives from last night’s game. Ready for game 2, already! :) 8-18 Bengals @ Dallas. Hopefully we have our guys in the booth, and not those nasty homer-type announcers we had from last night. Gosh, 49ers announcers are horrible. They didn’t even pretend that their game was airing nationally on NFLN.

Everyone have a blessed and fruitful day, today. :star:
I couldn't take it. The NFLN game was blacked out, over 200 freakin' miles away and I was livid to have to attempt to listen to those bozos from Channel 11. They do that to run the same 5 commercials over and over ad nauseum until I just had to leave the game. This after giving up my very successful boycott of pretend games for years and deciding to give it a shot because they were not doing the game. The only thing not Laffinburg is worse at than QB is color.

I did see too many Niners hitting the bench which is my concern for the Cowboys. The thing is I do not know anything today that I did not know yesterday before the game. Except that every pretend game will be done by those clowns.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
A few years before that, I found out the hard way that buying the wife a new set of cookware for anniversary isn't a good idea........I thought I was being romantic......I was wrong.:(
Message: you need better pots and pans to be a better cook, which is why I married you. I am saving the alluring bedroom attire and jewelry for the next wife.

And all you young married guys, take heed. One Christmas my wife suggested we be more practical and give gifts that we actually need instead of just want. I made a mistake. I believed her. What I failed to understand was that she was going to give me presents of need, she still wanted presents she wanted and not one of them had anything to do with the household. I should have known better, at that time I did not use an interpreter, a female friend of hers. She could have easily explained what she really meant.
Women do not see anything that is a necessity as a qualifying gift. You can't even gift wrap one of those things on a non gift giving holiday and escape punishment.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and you ETZ sleepy heads from staying up late and watching Home Depot guys. Normally, one would look at a 21-24 score and think exciting, close and well played game. Well, it was close.

Come Sunday night, check this weekend off your countdown list. Only 3 more to go and then it's real football time and we'll get some better college games that weekend as well. Until then, keep your head down and stay focused. And remember, CC luvs ya!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
A few years before that, I found out the hard way that buying the wife a new set of cookware for anniversary isn't a good idea........I thought I was being romantic......I was wrong.:(
Did she smash it with the vacuum cleaner you got her the year before that, then throw it all in the washing machine from the year before that?

kskboys

Reaction score
Message: you need better pots and pans to be a better cook, which is why I married you. I am saving the alluring bedroom attire and jewelry for the next wife.

And all you young married guys, take heed. One Christmas my wife suggested we be more practical and give gifts that we actually need instead of just want. I made a mistake. I believed her. What I failed to understand was that she was going to give me presents of need, she still wanted presents she wanted and not one of them had anything to do with the household. I should have known better, at that time I did not use an interpreter, a female friend of hers. She could have easily explained what she really meant.
Women do not see anything that is a necessity as a qualifying gift. You can't even gift wrap one of those things on a non gift giving holiday and escape punishment.
Even if your wife begs you to give her a certain gift that is a gift of need, go ahead, but buy an additional gift also that makes her know that you want back into her pants.

Xelda

Reaction score
Even if your wife begs you to give her a certain gift that is a gift of need, go ahead, but buy an additional gift also that makes her know that you want back into her pants.
This assumes I ever left her pants.
You two just ain't right. You're both on a time out. Give me your laptops, phones and iPads, now GIT!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. Welcome to the Weekend. We've got some rain the last 3 days that has kind of freshened everything up. I hope you have a wonderful day.

All the talk about gifts has made me appreciate my wife even more. She gives me a wish list and I just need to pick one. But more than that is the fact that she is easy to please when it comes to gifts. Even if I stray from the list she's happy. Although, early in our marriage she did have to tell me to stop buying nighties for her.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. Welcome to the Weekend. We've got some rain the last 3 days that has kind of freshened everything up. I hope you have a wonderful day.

All the talk about gifts has made me appreciate my wife even more. She gives me a wish list and I just need to pick one. But more than that is the fact that she is easy to please when it comes to gifts. Even if I stray from the list she's happy. Although, early in our marriage she did have to tell me to stop buying nighties for her.
She knew the nighties were for you, not her.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops and all y'all. Well, I am back from a night of exile at the hands of Xelda. What I don't get is why it took her so long to hand down some discipline. Me n the Runny man have been not only tightrope walking that line but trying to move it. Jumbo said all the girls like naughty boys and we're just trying to be desirable.

Y'all have a swell Saturday and watch out for Xelda, she'll gitchya.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I had this frat brother that was pretty much out there, he even pushed the envelope for Kappa Sigs. He had 2 brothers and 3 sisters and he was the youngest and one Christmas they were all gathered to celebrate along with the spouses of those married and when it came time to open presents, and their tradition was everybody watched one person open their gift instead of everybody at once, and they would announce who the gift was from and then open it. His Mom opened his gift after announcing it was from him and it was lacey baby doll pajamas from Fredricks of Hollywood.

His sister told me the story and she said this redefined "awkward moment" and everyone just froze and were shooting glances sideways at each other and his Dad was just sitting there staring at the very sexy nighty. Finally, his Mom starts cracking up in hysterics and that broke the deadly silence and everyone was laughing. But he told me later that he'd catch family members looking at him oddly all throughout the day and at Christmas dinner he was sure they were all trying to avoid sitting next to him.

kskboys

Reaction score

Hope like hades you didn't comply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. Here's hoping everyone has a wonderful Saturday.
Morning Pops and all y'all. Well, I am back from a night of exile at the hands of Xelda. What I don't get is why it took her so long to hand down some discipline. Me n the Runny man have been not only tightrope walking that line but trying to move it. Jumbo said all the girls like naughty boys and we're just trying to be desirable.

Y'all have a swell Saturday and watch out for Xelda, she'll gitchya.
Pops thread was created to honor someone special and turns 9 in three days. I think our PJG personal best has been just over 3 months welcoming @DaBonez. Let us honor Pops, the gentle posters here and PJG the heck out of the rest of the forum.