FEATURED Morning Pops!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Same here, compadre, I was diagnosed with clinical depression, my Mom had it for years. Tried the meds beginning with Prozac and that worked initially and then I bounced to the other side without realizing it and tried Paxil and Zoloft but I do not do well on any meds so I decided I had to live with it and find other ways to get temporary fixes, enter the DC Zone and then this one now. And my poor wife, dealing with someone she diagnosed as Bi-Polar made me come back to the old forum during a dark time.

After going through the three toughest losses in my life in a 7 year span, I discovered I could do this without the meds. If I can survive that and not off myself, meds aren't the answer, just the easy way. These folks in here are my meds, they feed me every day and instead of popping a pill to take the easy way because we all want a pill to solve everything, I come here and laugh and search for things to make myself laugh and while that doesn't fix the problem because nothing really will, it does provide temporary relief.

I am not ashamed to admit it, I need this. I don't just want it but need it. I need to see those names that I have become so familiar with and I know that better than most because I have gone away. And best of all, they put up with me.

This place is a lot of fun but when it really connects with me is when one of us is hurting, those are our finest hours. I saw that on the old forum when one of ours got dumped by his fiancée. Even the ones that had been arguing with him turned to supporting him. I can never get really mad at the Cowboys, they brought all of us together.

That's my usual long-winded post of a good morning Pops and all and enjoy Hump Day Eve. And Happy Birthday, Trouty.
My grandmother always called me a pill.

kskboys

Reaction score
Same here, compadre, I was diagnosed with clinical depression, my Mom had it for years. Tried the meds beginning with Prozac and that worked initially and then I bounced to the other side without realizing it and tried Paxil and Zoloft but I do not do well on any meds so I decided I had to live with it and find other ways to get temporary fixes, enter the DC Zone and then this one now. And my poor wife, dealing with someone she diagnosed as Bi-Polar made me come back to the old forum during a dark time.

After going through the three toughest losses in my life in a 7 year span, I discovered I could do this without the meds. If I can survive that and not off myself, meds aren't the answer, just the easy way. These folks in here are my meds, they feed me every day and instead of popping a pill to take the easy way because we all want a pill to solve everything, I come here and laugh and search for things to make myself laugh and while that doesn't fix the problem because nothing really will, it does provide temporary relief.

I am not ashamed to admit it, I need this. I don't just want it but need it. I need to see those names that I have become so familiar with and I know that better than most because I have gone away. And best of all, they put up with me.

This place is a lot of fun but when it really connects with me is when one of us is hurting, those are our finest hours. I saw that on the old forum when one of ours got dumped by his fiancée. Even the ones that had been arguing with him turned to supporting him. I can never get really mad at the Cowboys, they brought all of us together.

That's my usual long-winded post of a good morning Pops and all and enjoy Hump Day Eve. And Happy Birthday, Trouty.
I think a person should try dealing w/ whatever the are dealt before turning to meds. There are definitely cases where meds are absoltely necessary, I'm not claiming the opposite of that at all. However, a bit of introspection, and even more important self truth admitting to oneself can go a long way. And like you, people are my solace.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and all of Y'all. I woke up at 2 a.m. this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I finally quit trying and just got up at 3:45. Maybe I should try a weighted blanket too. Have a good day, folks.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and all of Y'all. I woke up at 2 a.m. this morning and couldn't get back to sleep. I finally quit trying and just got up at 3:45. Maybe I should try a weighted blanket too. Have a good day, folks.
Wow, I got up at 3:45 too....which made me a little late for work, but that's alright.

Morning Pops and peeps! My Monday is Hump day this week, and I feel pretty good about only having three days until the next weekend!!

Hope y'all have a fantastic day!!!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who might decide to stop in today.

Hump day so still have a little ways to go before 5 O'Clock Friday but hopefully the day goes by fast for everybody.

I hope everybody is doing well today. On this day, about 1450 years ago, Saint Columba reported Loch Ness. Who knew?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, have a great day.

Everybody, God Bless!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning to Pops and all you early risers, whether by design or not. Not many things as frustrating as not being able to get back to sleep but Leon, according to the sleep experts, and have y'all ever noticed how tired they look, getting up is the right thing to do. They have a list of things not to do in bed like eat, read, watch TV, toss and turn trying to get to sleep and my wife had one to add to the list when she was upset with poor ole innocent CC.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who might decide to stop in today.

Hump day so still have a little ways to go before 5 O'Clock Friday but hopefully the day goes by fast for everybody.

I hope everybody is doing well today. On this day, about 1450 years ago, Saint Columba reported Loch Ness. Who knew?

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, have a great day.

Everybody, God Bless!
The first official "fake news"?

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends! Happy Wednesday to everyone! Only two more days after this!
Hey Leon, I logged in specifically to make another 2 night observation. Monday night I had taken a sinus pill and think it kept me up. I fought with the blanket for hours before getting up. My body temperature drops when I'm sleepy but heats up in the morning. The weighted blanket holds heat in, so I scoot over or get up. I didn't want anyone to buy one of these blankets if they are naturally hot natured because it's thick and holds heat. Last night was another good night's sleep with no tossing and turning. It's the best sleep I've had in ages.

Morning to Pops and all you early risers, whether by design or not. Not many things as frustrating as not being able to get back to sleep but Leon, according to the sleep experts, and have y'all ever noticed how tired they look, getting up is the right thing to do. They have a list of things not to do in bed like eat, read, watch TV, toss and turn trying to get to sleep and my wife had one to add to the list when she was upset with poor ole innocent CC.
The sleep experts are basically telling us to bore ourselves to sleep. Heck, that's when I'm carpe dieming the dog doo out of those last few precious minutes of the day. It's no wonder I have trouble getting to sleep. Coach, we don't know you nearly a fraction of how well your wife knew you and even we know you were guilty. We love you in spite of it and because of it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good afternoon Pops and friends! Happy Wednesday to everyone! Only two more days after this!

Hey Leon, I logged in specifically to make another 2 night observation. Monday night I had taken a sinus pill and think it kept me up. I fought with the blanket for hours before getting up. My body temperature drops when I'm sleepy but heats up in the morning. The weighted blanket holds heat in, so I scoot over or get up. I didn't want anyone to buy one of these blankets if they are naturally hot natured because it's thick and holds heat. Last night was another good night's sleep with no tossing and turning. It's the best sleep I've had in ages.

The sleep experts are basically telling us to bore ourselves to sleep. Heck, that's when I'm carpe dieming the dog doo out of those last few precious minutes of the day. It's no wonder I have trouble getting to sleep. Coach, we don't know you nearly a fraction of how well your wife knew you and even we know you were guilty. We love you in spite of it and because of it.
Yep, guilty as charged. I was hoping to appeal to those that don't know me so well for some sympathy but that didn't last long or work.