FEATURED Morning Pops!

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Cowboys fans. TGIF! Yesterday's projects did indeed turn out to be small ones. It gave me plenty of time to play with the 4 year old after he got out of pre-K. Have a wonderful day everyone.

giphy.gif
I was reading to where you had said yesterday's projects than my eyes quickly glanced at your gif and being you don't post gifs, I thought you captured yourself on your outdoor camera and shared it with us. I'm still laughing.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Top of the day Pops & Zoners! I don't know about you, but the 0-16 Browns handing the Super Bowl Champs & MVP a goose egg was absolutely....PRICELESS.:lmao:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning fellas and good morning to any who may decide stop in today.

Went to Robin's wake yesterday, was nice. Good to see old friends I hadn't seen in a few years.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, hope you are all enjoying a good day. Everybody, welcome to the weekend.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning fellas and good morning to any who may decide stop in today.

Went to Robin's wake yesterday, was nice. Good to see old friends I hadn't seen in a few years.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, hope you are all enjoying a good day. Everybody, welcome to the weekend.
What did I miss? Did you lose someone, ABQ?

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. It's Saturday, Saturday, Sa tur day, Saturday, Saturday... (Elton John was a lyrical genius much like Cooter Brown). I'm going to brave the great outdoors! Maybe tomorrow. I need to go forth and spend money. I don't wannna! I need to restock. I don't wanna! This weekend will be filled with internal conflict.. will not.

Have a good Saturday everyone!

What did I miss? Did you lose someone, ABQ?
Who's missing?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good afternoon Pops and friends, and you know who you are even if you won't admit it in public.

Went to Austin this am to see my son and his family and on the way back as I turned for home, about 15 minutes away, I see a column of smoke. This highway, 1431, is a windy sucker and hard to tell where it was but as I entered Marble Falls, my heart picked up several beats, the fire looked very close to where I live. As I got closer, I was starting to panic a little because it looked centered right in where the Horseshoe Bay Resort is and my two pups are there alone. As I hit the last turn I could see it was on the other side of the road.

As it entered the house, I started getting calls and texts from the authorities to evacuate all of Horseshoe Bay. I went to alert my neighbors as I didn't know if they were signed up for the E alerts and they weren't. I can see the smoke and where this is centered from my back patio and the sirens are coming from everywhere as the outlying trucks were coming in.

Then I get this "sorry for the inconvenience but only those around the airport need to evacuate because of the grass fire" call and text and I am thinking some rich people must have fired off some nasty calls and texts and they were already evacuating the large subdivision across the highway from the resort. And the planes have been taking off from the airport, and I am assuming to protect them, but about 15 minutes ago it looked like DFW with about 10 jets taking off, one right after the other, mixed in with some prop jobs.

For those unfamiliar with this area it is a retirement area and some really fat cats live down here and have 2nd and 3rd homes down here and it's pretty boring but today I felt 20 years younger with all the excitement and am going to suggest we do this every Saturday so we'll all know it's the weekend.

Seriously, you can't imagine how relieved I was to see this not located where my two pups were and today, they're going to be a little more precious to me. Today was just a day until I considered what it could have been and it is a little more special now.

Xelda

Reaction score
I'm glad your home and pups were safe. It's very unsettling to think the smoke is coming from your home. In a way, I know the feeling Coach.

Two weeks ago my home was targeted for a break in. I didn't sleep one night and took Benedryl and was zonked out at 9:30 when my door bell went nuts like a relative was on the verge of crapping themselves at my door. I staggered out of bed and there was a low, constant knocking on the door like someone checking for ripe watermelons. I looked out the peep hole at the front door and someone my momma's height was bent over listening at the door. I threw the door open thinking she's in pain and shocked this guy. He turns away from me and mumbles something about my roof which I've got to get appraisals for. I see a truck parked across the street with no advertisement. He doesn't give me his name or company he's supposedly working for. I saw him again this past Thursday casing the area. He does it while people are at work (or supposed to be at work).

I considered him kicking in my front door and helping himself to everything I've worked for my whole life and got mad. My dogs would have gotten loose. I called the police and they sent a wonderful Cowboys fan complete with blue handcuffs. He just showed me, but I felt like chrispierce. We discussed cars, guns, criminals and the Cowboys. He said he's got a Ring doorbell on his house and showed me the best location to put one so I can detect motion whether I'm home or not. He told me to get pepper or bear spray, but Coach recommends fox urine. He told me about a night he was working when the Cowboys were playing the Saints and he had to arrest someone for domestic violence. The dispatcher was a huge Cowboys fan. They came across the radios announcing the Cowboys had won as he's leading this punk to his car wearing a Saints jersey. He told him, this just wasn't his night.

It's a long story, but that's what's been going on here for the past two weeks. I've been cleaning, gathering serial numbers and cramming my favorite stuff in the trunk of my car. It's a small car with a small trunk and I'm not nearly done.

Last edited:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good afternoon Pops and friends, and you know who you are even if you won't admit it in public.

Went to Austin this am to see my son and his family and on the way back as I turned for home, about 15 minutes away, I see a column of smoke. This highway, 1431, is a windy sucker and hard to tell where it was but as I entered Marble Falls, my heart picked up several beats, the fire looked very close to where I live. As I got closer, I was starting to panic a little because it looked centered right in where the Horseshoe Bay Resort is and my two pups are there alone. As I hit the last turn I could see it was on the other side of the road.

As it entered the house, I started getting calls and texts from the authorities to evacuate all of Horseshoe Bay. I went to alert my neighbors as I didn't know if they were signed up for the E alerts and they weren't. I can see the smoke and where this is centered from my back patio and the sirens are coming from everywhere as the outlying trucks were coming in.

Then I get this "sorry for the inconvenience but only those around the airport need to evacuate because of the grass fire" call and text and I am thinking some rich people must have fired off some nasty calls and texts and they were already evacuating the large subdivision across the highway from the resort. And the planes have been taking off from the airport, and I am assuming to protect them, but about 15 minutes ago it looked like DFW with about 10 jets taking off, one right after the other, mixed in with some prop jobs.

For those unfamiliar with this area it is a retirement area and some really fat cats live down here and have 2nd and 3rd homes down here and it's pretty boring but today I felt 20 years younger with all the excitement and am going to suggest we do this every Saturday so we'll all know it's the weekend.

Seriously, you can't imagine how relieved I was to see this not located where my two pups were and today, they're going to be a little more precious to me. Today was just a day until I considered what it could have been and it is a little more special now.
Aww CC, I'm so glad it was just a grass fire!

There's one good thing to getting older....You teach yourself lessons a younger person takes for granted.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm glad your home and pups were safe. It's very unsettling to think the smoke is coming from your home. In a way, I know the feeling Coach.

Two weeks ago my home was targeted for a break in. I didn't sleep one night and took Benedryl and was zonked out at 9:30 when my door bell went nuts like a relative was on the verge of crapping themselves at my door. I staggered out of bed and there was a low, constant knocking on the door like someone checking for ripe watermelons. I looked out the peep hole at the front door and someone my momma's height was bent over listening at the door. I threw the door open thinking she's in pain and shocked this guy. He turns away from me and mumbles something about my roof which I've got to get appraisals for. I see a truck parked across the street with no advertisement. He doesn't give me his name or company he's supposedly working for. I saw him again this past Thursday casing the area. He does it while people are at work (or supposed to be at work).

I considered him kicking in my front door and helping himself to everything I've worked for my whole life and got mad. My dogs would have gotten loose. I called the police and they sent a wonderful Cowboys fan complete with blue handcuffs. He just showed me, but I felt like chrispierce. We discussed cars, guns, criminals and the Cowboys. He said he's got a Ring doorbell on his house and showed me the best location to put one so I can detect motion whether I'm home or not. He told me to get pepper or bear spray, but Coach recommends fox urine. He told me about a night he was working when the Cowboys were playing the Saints and he had to arrest someone for domestic violence. The dispatcher was a huge Cowboys fan. They came across the radios announcing the Cowboys had won as he's leading this punk to his car wearing a Saints jersey. He told him, this just wasn't his night.

It's a long story, but that's what's been going on here for the past two weeks. I've been cleaning, gathering serial numbers and cramming my favorite stuff in the trunk of my car. It's a small car with a small trunk and I'm not nearly done.
Your dogs didn't bark when the guy knocked on the door? Barking dogs are one of the best deterrents to a break in, even smaller dogs.
Is the part I highlighted what you meant to say?...Because I feel like I missed something.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Long story? Naaaaaaah, I know long stories.

Xelda, couldn't hurt to have a gun but stay frosty. I learned that from watching too many movies that I shouldn't watch. You also might want to copy some of the pics some of these guys have in their avatar like BrainPaint and Hardline and put that on the front door with a note "Brothers are out of prison and sleeping, please be quiet".

Xelda

Reaction score
Your dogs didn't bark when the guy knocked on the door? Barking dogs are one of the best deterrents to a break in, even smaller dogs.
Is the part I highlighted what you meant to say?...Because I feel like I missed something.
Crap NO! My dogs ran outside to greet him. They relate the doorbell ringing with company. They don't think sorry punks want to take my TV when the Cowboys are gearing up to play. There's a device called the Ring Doorbell which detects motion and sends you alerts to your phone. You can speak to the person through your phone which was originally brilliant, but crooks are on to those by now. They are at Best Buy.

Long story? Naaaaaaah, I know long stories.

Xelda, couldn't hurt to have a gun but stay frosty. I learned that from watching too many movies that I shouldn't watch. You also might want to copy some of the pics some of these guys have in their avatar like BrainPaint and Hardline and put that on the front door with a note "Brothers are out of prison and sleeping, please be quiet".
I got a gun, Coach. I bought some sturdy posts to put on my doors. He'd give himself a hernia trying to kick my door in now, but that doesn't stop him from ramming his truck into my garage door or kicking in windows if I'm not here. Also, I can't shoot him if he doesn't break in. Excellent idea about the note and pictures though!

kskboys

Reaction score

Luv ya man.