FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who might decide to stop in and visit for a few.

Lots going on today. Think the Boy might be coming over today so gotta get some things done early enough to have time for him.

Game Day Thursday! Gotta get ready for the Texans. I sure hope that our Offense shows more today then they did last week.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, I hope you all have a great day today.

Everybody, please have a wonderful day!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and thank God the last pretend game is today, aka known as the Home Depot Bowl. The competition is tight to make the team so all the teams will not be risking any player they plan on keeping. We wondered why they pick up players with questionable abilities and now we know why, to field a team to play this game.

However, I have an idea on how to improve this game, the absolute worst one of the year. These guys aren't making it anyway and the owners are getting full price for the tickets so give them a bonus to play this game and double to the winners. And since they don't need to be healthy for the opener, no pads or helmets and no refs. "The Longest Yard" for real. Only rule, no visible weapons.

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. It's Thursday so we're almost there. I cooked yesterday and thought about Coach looking for game day recipes. After the last game, I suggest Tums in one hand and a
Pepto-Bismol chaser in the other. The best thing about tonight's game is we don't have to think about it over the weekend. Just face the humiliation and get it over with, then enjoy the weekend.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good afternoon Pops and friends. It's Thursday so we're almost there. I cooked yesterday and thought about Coach looking for game day recipes. After the last game, I suggest Tums in one hand and a
Pepto-Bismol chaser in the other. The best thing about tonight's game is we don't have to think about it over the weekend. Just face the humiliation and get it over with, then enjoy the weekend.
Not looking today, my dear, I am building up to the opening weekend of college ball and following that with the opening weekend of the NFL, two of my favorite cooking weekends because health is not a requirement, in fact, it is discouraged. I may even drop a dollop of lard in my libations to celebrate.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Good Morning Pops & Zoners! Tomorrow is Penn State's home opener and I'M GOING! Football season is finally here! "WE ARE"
tenor.gif

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and all you pea pickers. I really enjoyed the game last evening by not watching it. Just like I loved the second Mama Mia by not even driving within a mile of the theater when it was playing.

Now that all of that is behind us, we can get miserable for real because I've got this feeling going to be a lot of unhappy posters here because of mismanagement of expectations. I hope I am wrong but that doesn't bother me because they do not have to win for me to stay with them. Just give it everything they've got and leave nothing in the locker room and I am fine with that. I learned some time back that I am a hell of a lot better off watching them play instead of watching them to win as I used to do. I gave up that belief that donning the Star automatically increases their talent level, they're just overgrown boys playing a game.

I used to buy into that "winning is everything, winning is the only thing" but that's for the coaches and players, winning is not required for fans or we would not have so many Cowboys fans.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who decide to stop in and say hello.

Well, can't say I was impressed last night. Once again, Defense looked OK but Offense looked terrible. Hopefully, the start of the regular season signals the return of better Offensive output. Just don't get hurt guys!

If your looking for a recipe, and usually this is more of a College thing for me because of the game time starts, a good Morning/early afternoon, maybe consider some good old Corned Beef and Hash, homemade.

Doesn't get any better then fried up, home made corned beef and hash to me. You can have it with eggs or by itself or any kinda way you want. Usually, the kids like it in a warmed up Tortilla with Green Chile or even Tabasco. It's easy to make and it keeps so you can have it for a couple of days if that's your wish. Just a thought.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, welcome to the weekend! I am happy to see everybody up and of good cheer this morning. If you feel like your up but short on good cheer, my advice is suck it up. Give it a few hours and 5 oclock will roll around and the cheer will come!

Everybody, have a safe and happy holiday weekend. Come back with good stories and tales of fun but come back safe!

Be well everybody!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good afternoon Pops and friends. I want you to know ABQ that I was inspired by your words and started back on a project that I'd postponed indefinitely. Words can be filled with power. Happy Friday and three day weekend everyone!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and all of Y'all. Welcome to the weekend!! Even though I didn't try to play golf yesterday I went to the course and rode around with my friends just to be out there. The back is improving quickly so I should be able to play next Wednesday.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning, Pops and all of Y'all. Welcome to the weekend!! Even though I didn't try to play golf yesterday I went to the course and rode around with my friends just to be out there. The back is improving quickly so I should be able to play next Wednesday.

Have a great weekend, everyone.
Morning Pops! Happy Extra Saturday everybody!!

Dix, you're making me wanna get my clubs and start throwing money away on frustration again!!
:laugh:

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good, good mornin' Pops and I salute all my fellow college football fans. It all finally gets real today with some nice matchups all day long. Even got a Sunday and Monday night game to kick off the season in style.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all who stop in to check stuff out, at some point in the day.

Holiday weekend and the Start of the College Football Season for me. Horns rematch with the Terps in a few hours so a big Hook'Em going out to everybody, fan or not.

Cooking up homemade Hash, the oldest boy and the Daughter-in-Law and, most importantly, the Grandson will be coming over this morning to watch and eat so yeah, this is going to be a great day! Everybody, enjoy the long Holiday Weekend!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, lots of fun to come to you this weekend, that's my wish for all of you!

Peace everyone!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any and all who stop in to check stuff out, at some point in the day.

Holiday weekend and the Start of the College Football Season for me. Horns rematch with the Terps in a few hours so a big Hook'Em going out to everybody, fan or not.

Cooking up homemade Hash, the oldest boy and the Daughter-in-Law and, most importantly, the Grandson will be coming over this morning to watch and eat so yeah, this is going to be a great day! Everybody, enjoy the long Holiday Weekend!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, lots of fun to come to you this weekend, that's my wish for all of you!

Peace everyone!
Have a great day with the family, brother!