FEATURED Morning Pops!

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Pen Pals. I just want to say again that it is a pleasure to exchange "Good Mornings" with each of you.
I've hooked up with my two best friiends from high school and we are going to our alma mater's football game tonight. We are playing golf tomorrow and the reunion is tomorrow night. It should be a fun couple of days.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and fellow fabulous Friday fans of frivolity and fun freakin' for the weekend.

I can see Leon has his freak on for his weekend at his 55th Reunion and it seems to be off to a great start seeing family and his two best friends from high school reliving Friday's from 55 years ago. That sounds like a grand time.

Hey y'all, be safe, be well.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who have decided to stop in and visit this thread today. I must say, while some of you, more then others, are sophisticated (you unwashed heathens, you know who I am talking to ;)), I have to say that I am very please to see so many people posting in this thread. I appreciate you all.

What's the weekend hold for everybody? I was going to do a boil on Saturday but timing is not right for everybody so that will have to be next weekend. I will figure out something else, maybe some two inch Ribeyes I have in the freezer. Feel like steak, Corn on the Cob and some fried Okra. Maybe some Mashed Sweet Potatoes and some Cowboy Biscuits. Yeah, I think that's the ticket.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, you guys be well. Have fun, but not too much fun.

Leon, only so many opportunities to get back with the old friends. Enjoy every single minute of this one.

Be well everybody and be safe.

Welcome to the weekend!

Xelda

Reaction score
Good Morning Pops and what a morning it must be in Cleveland. Their Browns win their first game in nearly 2 years. Congrats Browns. I had faith in ya's by picking you over the JETS.

Technically, they should be 3-0. The NFL has a shortage of kickers. Had they only made the one playing Pittsburgh. Look at me rambling on Pops. I'm just so excited for them. They do have a much better team now.
GO COWBOYS!!!!!! GO BROWNS & GO COLTS :flagwave:
Ok, DABZ. I fixed it for you and out of respect, I left the Colts up there. Yep Pops, you know one of those other team has been beat down bad for us to root for them. The poor Browns and their fans. That win had to feel like the Super Bowl to them. Happy Friday everyone.

Xelda

Reaction score
Another goodie courtesy of Juggernaut!
o8XG93O.jpg

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Ok, DABZ. I fixed it for you and out of respect, I left the Colts up there. Yep Pops, you know one of those other team has been beat down bad for us to root for them. The poor Browns and their fans. That win had to feel like the Super Bowl to them. Happy Friday everyone.
:laugh:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who may decide to stop in this morning.

Big game between Texas and TCU today. I'm hoping the Horns can pull it out but if not, so be it. Gonna suit up and go grocery shopping with my Wife here shortly and then, going to meet my Buddy at a local watering hole for a few beers. I don't go out to bars much anymore but every once in awhile, I'll hit one up.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching and SW, I hope you are all enjoying a great weekend.

Everybody, weekends are for recharging and getting yourself ready to go out and make that money for the work week. Do that but be careful. Remember, you still gotta be around to actually work in that next work week. Everybody, be safe, be well and have fun.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops, and a very special good morning to (your name here)!

I didn't wanna say anything until I saw light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm feeling significantly better today, so I'll tell you all that I got x-rays on Monday, and it turns out I have arthritis in my lower spine and in my pelvic joint. This is why my back and upper legs have been causing me so much pain the past few weeks. Now that my chiropractor knows exactly what the problem is, he can make the proper adjustments, and so far it seems to be helping. I can even stand up straight and walk relatively normally today.

Hope y'all are pain free and happy!!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops, and a very special good morning to (your name here)!

I didn't wanna say anything until I saw light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm feeling significantly better today, so I'll tell you all that I got x-rays on Monday, and it turns out I have arthritis in my lower spine and in my pelvic joint. This is why my back and upper legs have been causing me so much pain the past few weeks. Now that my chiropractor knows exactly what the problem is, he can make the proper adjustments, and so far it seems to be helping. I can even stand up straight and walk relatively normally today.

Hope y'all are pain free and happy!!
Good to hear, my man, I know the discomfort of a wonky back.

But how is a chiro going to help with what I am assuming is osteoarthritis? I haven't considered that for my hip but might look into it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good morning Pops and Saturdayites, welcome to your day.

Finally, my Hogs get to have their butts handed to them by a good team, they get Auburn to day. It's always soooooo much better losing to a better team.

Woooooooo P, ah forget it.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm fearful that it will only be short term relief.
Yep, arthritis doesn't get better. I am trying to buy some time with this cortisone/steroid injection but the steroid part hasn't kicked in and time is coming up on the verdict.

Egads, I don't want to turn this into a health thread for codgers, bad enough I am a curmudgeon, we get into the health crap and we're only one step away from "favorite soft foods and natural laxatives".

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good to hear, my man, I know the discomfort of a wonky back.

But how is a chiro going to help with what I am assuming is osteoarthritis? I haven't considered that for my hip but might look into it.
The left side of my pelvis is lower than the right side. He's adjusting that, so hopefully the lower spine straightens up, and the pelvic joint positions itself properly. As for the arthritis, it's fusing the vertebrae, like a rusted bolt. Adjusting the spine on a regular basis will theoretically keep it more mobile and slow the degeneration of the discs (I guess) putting less pressure on the nerves.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The left side of my pelvis is lower than the right side. He's adjusting that, so hopefully the lower spine straightens up, and the pelvic joint positions itself properly. As for the arthritis, it's fusing the vertebrae, like a rusted bolt. Adjusting the spine on a regular basis will theoretically keep it more mobile and slow the degeneration of the discs (I guess) putting less pressure on the nerves.
Hope that gives you relief. You need a chair at Hooter's with better back support and stop leaning forward so much.