FEATURED Morning Pops!

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Good (looks at the time before responding) afternoon (definitely afternoon) Pops and friends. Sorry to hear about the cold weather ABQ. I demand some regular days before the weather drives me back inside with unreasonable temperatures. Fall and Winter clothes are on sale. They look good, but Fall is just a less aggressive form of Summer here and Winter isn't long enough to invest in a new wardrobe. I remember sweating in Halloween costumes, Thanksgiving being regular hot and riding bikes in short sleeves on Christmas day. I'd watch the Charlie Brown seasonal shows with wonderment. Where are these leaves falling at, where is it snowing at? They felt like a 5 minute show when time drug every where else. My parents knew they had to settle in where they were at because anarchy wasn't far behind if they tried to move us when Charlie Brown was on. So Coach if you watch Charlie Brown enough, you'll catch up to Runny even though he has a hour's head start. I just solved the time zone differential, where's my Nobel prize (it was an honor just to be nominated) and my million dollars?
You'll get your million when you figure out how to exchange some of your heat for some of our cold.

Xelda

Reaction score
You'll get your million when you figure out how to exchange some of your heat for some of our cold.
That's easy, we all move to tropical islands that faithfully broadcast Cowboys games. We stretch out in hammocks and listen to Coach tell us about his latest alchemy experiments with liquor and cocoanuts. Oh wait, we've discussed this already. Lundy (precedence) said it would descend into Lord of the Flies. I'll keep thinking.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Morning Pops, peeps, and persons of ill repute! (You have no idea how many things I had to uncorrect in that sentence. Thanks, technology!)

Happy happy Humpday to all, and to all a happy Humpday!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who might decide to stop in and visit this thread.

Seems like the further along I get this week, the further I have to go. Gonna be one of those weeks I think. Anybody got anything cool to share about plans for the weekend? I feel like trying something new this weekend. Maybe I'll look for a new Stew recipe. You know what, I think split pea soup sounds good, with BLTs. Gonna make that this week, I think.

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW and John, all you guys go out and kill it today. Come back with great stories and tell us all. Brag a little bit about it too!

Everybody, go find something, doesn't matter what or how big, just find one thing and be great at it. You will be surprised how good it will make you feel.

Last edited:

Xelda

Reaction score
Already on it, ABQ. Today I'm having a coworker come over and get my stove off the kitchen floor. I decided to clean and it's a slide in, so I slid it out a little too far. That's a good deal of excitement around here. My dogs are looking at me like they don't trust me right now. It's ok, I don't trust me either. Happy Hump day everyone!

Morning Pops, peeps, and persons of ill repute! (You have no idea how many things I had to uncorrect in that sentence. Thanks, technology!)

Happy happy Humpday to all, and to all a happy Humpday!
We know who the "persons of ill repute" are and waiting for them to greet us today. Where are those rascals at?

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning Pops and pen pals. My cold just won't go away but at least my voice has returned a little bit. Prayers to those in the path of Michael. Stay safe everyone.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who might decide to stop in and check stuff out. We are on the backside of the work week now. How is everybody doing today?

Trouty, did something similar one time with a Fridge. Wife had been on me to get a new Fridge for like 6 months. I'd been putting it off because, to be honest, I didn't think we really needed one yet and I didn't want to spend the money. Well, long story short, I get home from work one night (about 7) and this delivery truck is out front of my house.

I walk in and my Wife had went out and bought a new fridge and a new washer and dryer. I think the washer and dryer was just to make me understand that she wasn't happy that I hadn't done something a little sooner. Anyway, these delivery guys were standing outside and had been there for over an hour. I walk in and ask whats going on? Come to find out that the Fridge, nor the washer and dryer would fit. My Wife had gone out and bought what she liked but had not measured. She had, however, bought installation on them. Well, needless to say the installation that was bought never got done. My Wife is nothing if not a good shopper so she had bought them on sale. What does that mean? Can't return them. It's winter time so it's cold out and the Sun has gone down so the house is freezing and I'm trying to figure out what to do here. I put them in the garage till I could figure out what to do.

I ended up having to rehang the cabinets in the washroom so that the washer and dryer would fit into the space and with the fridge, I had to take off the doors of the fridge just to get it in the house and then take out cabinets all together and build a pantry where double cabinets used to be so that the space where the Fridge fit would actually fit. This is to say nothing of the trim work and paint that had to happen as well. Needless to say, I was pissed. I tore into my Wife for not thinking and she came back at me with, "If you don't want me buying appliances, don't ignore me when I tell you it's time to replace what we have. I asked you six months ago and so I did it by myself." Well, what could I say? She was right, she had asked me and I ignored her. I hate shopping as a rule but I never ignore her anymore when she says she wants to go shopping for big ticket items. Lesson learned!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW and John, I hear there is a big appliance sale going on, right now, at Lowes!

Everybody, have a great day!

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Morning Pops. Morning Fellas and good morning to any who might decide to stop in and check stuff out. We are on the backside of the work week now. How is everybody doing today?

Trouty, did something similar one time with a Fridge. Wife had been on me to get a new Fridge for like 6 months. I'd been putting it off because, to be honest, I didn't think we really needed one yet and I didn't want to spend the money. Well, long story short, I get home from work one night (about 7) and this delivery truck is out front of my house.

I walk in and my Wife had went out and bought a new fridge and a new washer and dryer. I think the washer and dryer was just to make me understand that she wasn't happy that I hadn't done something a little sooner. Anyway, these delivery guys were standing outside and had been there for over an hour. I walk in and ask whats going on? Come to find out that the Fridge, nor the washer and dryer would fit. My Wife had gone out and bought what she liked but had not measured. She had, however, bought installation on them. Well, needless to say the installation that was bought never got done. My Wife is nothing if not a good shopper so she had bought them on sale. What does that mean? Can't return them. It's winter time so it's cold out and the Sun has gone down so the house is freezing and I'm trying to figure out what to do here. I put them in the garage till I could figure out what to do.

I ended up having to rehang the cabinets in the washroom so that the washer and dryer would fit into the space and with the fridge, I had to take off the doors of the fridge just to get it in the house and then take out cabinets all together and build a pantry where double cabinets used to be so that the space where the Fridge fit would actually fit. This is to say nothing of the trim work and paint that had to happen as well. Needless to say, I was pissed. I tore into my Wife for not thinking and she came back at me with, "If you don't want me buying appliances, don't ignore me when I tell you it's time to replace what we have. I asked you six months ago and so I did it by myself." Well, what could I say? She was right, she had asked me and I ignored her. I hate shopping as a rule but I never ignore her anymore when she says she wants to go shopping for big ticket items. Lesson learned!

Jobs, Leon, dbrp, Xelda, zrin, Trouty, ksk, RGV, Coach, RWB, Ranching, SW and John, I hear there is a big appliance sale going on, right now, at Lowes!

The amazing part of your great story is that she waited that long to teach you the "Do Not Ignore Wife" lesson. I got that one within the first two years. I had that grace period making me think 'hey, this is going to be great, she is so agreeable' but then the lessons started. And that was the first one.

ABQ, it's really not her fault, they're born with it and it lies dormant until they begin to blossom and ready to settle down with their man. It's the MCH gene, Must Change Him and it is as strong as the TTN, Time To Nest, one. But in all fairness, I ignored the MGU, Must Grow Up, gene.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Morning Pops and friends. Dang, ABQ! That wasn't right.

It's taken me awhile but I've come to realize that right is a matter of where you stand at any given point in life. Is it right for me to have to stand in the cold and move appliances by myself when the delivery sent to guys to do the same job? No.

Is it right to tell this story in front of people when you don't know that your Wife is standing behind you? No.

There are degrees of right in life and being married for a length of time has allowed me to gain perspective on the question of right.

:laugh:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
The amazing part of your great story is that she waited that long to teach you the "Do Not Ignore Wife" lesson. I got that one within the first two years. I had that grace period making me think 'hey, this is going to be great, she is so agreeable' but then the lessons started. And that was the first one.

ABQ, it's really not her fault, they're born with it and it lies dormant until they begin to blossom and ready to settle down with their man. It's the MCH gene, Must Change Him and it is as strong as the TTN, Time To Nest, one. But in all fairness, I ignored the MGU, Must Grow Up, gene.

Oh, I'm sure the Wife started teaching from the get go. I just wasn't always going to class at the time Coach.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's taken me awhile but I've come to realize that right is a matter of where you stand at any given point in life. Is it right for me to have to stand in the cold and move appliances by myself when the delivery sent to guys to do the same job? No.

Is it right to tell this story in front of people when you don't know that your Wife is standing behind you? No.

There are degrees of right in life and being married for a length of time has allowed me to gain perspective on the question of right.

:laugh:
Misunderstanding the meaning of "right" in marriage results in a lot of overly horny husbands.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

I've never heard of not being able to return something, just because you bought it on sale?
Taking the fridge doors off is very common, FYI, but having to rebuild your kitchen and wc to accommodate appliances???....Nope, that's on her. At the very least she should have mentioned that she was going to buy them, before she bought them......

.......but yeah, you should have gotten off your butt!!! Lol