FEATURED Morning Pops!

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I've never heard of not being able to return something, just because you bought it on sale?
Taking the fridge doors off is very common, FYI, but having to rebuild your kitchen and wc to accommodate appliances???....Nope, that's on her. At the very least she should have mentioned that she was going to buy them, before she bought them......

.......but yeah, you should have gotten off your butt!!! Lol

It's pretty common here. If you buy it on sale, you can't return it, at least at Lowes. Taking the fride door off is not that big of a deal but the real problem was the special little tool you always need.

I do agree, would have been nice to know that an inside delivery and install was coming, that never got delivered or installed, insided! Live and learn I suppose.

And yep, being cheap and lazy, definitely paid for those mistakes on that one! :laugh:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's pretty common here. If you buy it on sale, you can't return it, at least at Lowes. Taking the fride door off is not that big of a deal but the real problem was the special little tool you always need.

I do agree, would have been nice to know that an inside delivery and install was coming, that never got delivered or installed, insided! Live and learn I suppose.

And yep, being cheap and lazy, definitely paid for those mistakes on that one! :laugh:
Hell, I bought my last dryer at a "scratch and dent" Sears outlet store, brought it home, removed all the doors and shelves and railings, set it up, put everything back together, then realized they'd sold me a gas dryer.....Had to take everything apart again, bring it back upstairs and put it in my pickup (by myself) drive half an hour back to the store, and not only did they take it back, but they gave me a nice upgrade dryer and an apology.......for the same price!
:thumbup:

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Hell, I bought my last dryer at a "scratch and dent" Sears outlet store, brought it home, removed all the doors and shelves and railings, set it up, put everything back together, then realized they'd sold me a gas dryer.....Had to take everything apart again, bring it back upstairs and put it in my pickup (by myself) drive half an hour back to the store, and not only did they take it back, but they gave me a nice upgrade dryer and an apology.......for the same price!

You know what works for me for loading appliances in the back of my truck by myself? I have a hand truck that converts to a kind of hand cart. If you can get a washer up onto that hand cart, use a ratchet strap to secure it and then use dirt bike ramps to pull it up into the truck. I mean, don't lose your footing cause it can get ugly but that works

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
You know what works for me for loading appliances in the back of my truck by myself? I have a hand truck that converts to a kind of hand cart. If you can get a washer up onto that hand cart, use a ratchet strap to secure it and then use dirt bike ramps to pull it up into the truck. I mean, don't lose your footing cause it can get ugly but that works
Getting into the truck was the easy part. Getting it up the basement steps, which are about an inch wider than the dryer, then through the doorway at the top of the steps, which I swear is somehow narrower than the dryer was the hard part. I ratchet strapped it to my hand truck, but even then, doing it by yourself is a treat! Lol

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Getting into the truck was the easy part. Getting it up the basement steps, which are about an inch wider than the dryer, then through the doorway at the top of the steps, which I swear is somehow narrower than the dryer was the hard part. I ratchet strapped it to my hand truck, but even then, doing it by yourself is a treat! Lol

Yep. My question is, why don't you just build a WR on the first floor? Might be easier! LOL.......

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had to take the doors off my new refrigerator and now the damned food won't stay cold but the AC doesn't come on as much. Just goes to show you, every dark cloud has a silver lining.

Xelda

Reaction score
It's taken me awhile but I've come to realize that right is a matter of where you stand at any given point in life. Is it right for me to have to stand in the cold and move appliances by myself when the delivery sent to guys to do the same job? No.

Is it right to tell this story in front of people when you don't know that your Wife is standing behind you? No.

There are degrees of right in life and being married for a length of time has allowed me to gain perspective on the question of right.

:laugh:
:omg: Are you going to be ok? :popcorn:

Xelda

Reaction score
The amazing part of your great story is that she waited that long to teach you the "Do Not Ignore Wife" lesson. I got that one within the first two years. I had that grace period making me think 'hey, this is going to be great, she is so agreeable' but then the lessons started. And that was the first one.

ABQ, it's really not her fault, they're born with it and it lies dormant until they begin to blossom and ready to settle down with their man. It's the MCH gene, Must Change Him and it is as strong as the TTN, Time To Nest, one. But in all fairness, I ignored the MGU, Must Grow Up, gene.
Look Coach, you don't need to be spilling all our secrets. We're mysterious and baffling to the opposite sex.

Xelda

Reaction score
That's a happy ending to an otherwise bad situation.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Look Coach, you don't need to be spilling all our secrets. We're mysterious and baffling to the opposite sex.
I just checked my thesaurus, and neither "mysterious" nor "baffling" is a synonym for "bat crap crazy". :grin:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I had to take the doors off my new refrigerator and now the damned food won't stay cold but the AC doesn't come on as much. Just goes to show you, every dark cloud has a silver lining.
Have you tried hanging a blanket over the front of it?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stupid Sears!! That's why they're going belly up.

Xelda

Reaction score
I just checked my thesaurus, and neither "mysterious" nor "baffling" is a synonym for "bat crap crazy". :grin:
I told you the stove was an accident!
I can't believe you just said that! I just don't, I can't, not even... well... not all of us are bat crap crazy.

Xelda

Reaction score
Have you tried hanging a blanket over the front of it?
Stupid Sears!! That's why they're going belly up.
Than I'll loose my reading light.
You've been drinking, haven't you?
We don't know what to do with ourselves when new posters actually jack their own introduction posts. We don't want to be rude. After all, they warned us they were coming on board. Oh Dabonez, Dabonez, where fore art thou?

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Morning, Pops and Cowboys fans. TGIF. College football has a few interesting match ups tomorrow between closely ranked teams. Enjoy your day, everyone.